PDA

View Full Version : Saturday July 5th

Mpyles
July 5th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Good morning! Hopefully this posts finds everyone safe and sound after their 4th festivities. We did nothing...I worked yesterday an extremely early day...came home napped..mistake...spent the evening with my crabby DH and lovely dd. We had a fire on the patio, ate a s'more, and watched "the lone survivor". When it was time to go to bed...my eyes popped open and I was up til 1:30 or so...the 4:30 alarm was wicked! Off to work for yet another busy day...hope everyone has a great day!!

Monique
July 5th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Good morning. Work is about all I did and then a two hour nap. Had dinner with friends.

Today I think it is flea market and antiques show day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Bubby
July 5th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Morning Everyone,

We have a sick dog, Sweet Olive, who isn't smelling real sweet at the moment. She had tummy trouble during the night. I can tell she's feeling real puny today. As soon as she settles down I little I will give her a bath and baby her the rest of the day.

We went to Cuba yesterday but made a short day of it. We had to check on a newly vacated apartment and figure out what it needs to get it up and rented again. Our tenants had lived there for nine years and other than some new carpet and a repaint of the whole apartment things aren't too bad.

I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend.

Ginny B
July 5th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny day here. We had a nice day yesterday and were home before dark to settle in and watch the fireworks on tv. It is amazing to me how noisy the neighborhood is with people shooting off their own. I really enjoyed the Macy's fireworks especially since they featured the Brooklyn Bridge -- my favorite bridge.

Today will be a day of chores, maybe some shopping and hopefully some time in the sewing room. I did get some time yesterday before we went out to make one of those periwinkle mug rugs from Friday's tutorial. It was fun and went together real quick. I definitely want to make some of them for Christmas.

I hope everyone had a great 4th. Enjoy your day

Jean Sewing Machine
July 5th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Good morning! My friend and I attended our community's band concert and fireworks display last night! The evening was just lovely, wonderful music and the fireworks were spectacular! The weather was just perfect, cool, clear, low humidity. It was great! Hope to make that a tradition in the future. We had lived so near the park where this was held that we could see the fireworks from our home. It had been a while since I actually saw the fireworks from the community area. But it was great fun, so I need to do that again!

More sewing again today. Next set of costumes is the Tornados-- dancers that whip Dorothy's home out of Kansas. Need to refine my concept for this and make some sample costumes.

Have a great day!

Sandy Navas
July 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Hmmmm, how do you dress a tornado? Interesting concept, Jean. I see grey muslin with toy cars sewn on with a lot of twigs . . .

Quiet day here. I got up about midnight to make a bathroom run and was amazed that there wasn't fireworks still going off. And I thought - boy, they quit early tonight . . . that was when I realized I put ear plugs in before lying down earlier.

It is dark and overcast this morning with some rumbles of thunder going on. I just checked the weather map and we're almost right in the middle of it. A good day for me to plan on cleaning my sewing room.

I hope everyone is safe and happy today! Don't work too hard, okay?

MayinJerset
July 5th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Good morning, I'm finally up and having coffee. Yesterday it was pretty quiet around town, lots of cars on the streets so many were visiting for the 4th but the rain kept everyone inside. Only fireworks last night were a few roman candles set off by a neighbor as town's fireworks were rescheduled to Sunday night.

We went out for our usual Friday night dinner and the place we chose was closed. I was so looking forward to a good Italian dinner at La Strada, their portions are so huge that we take home half for the Saturday's night dinner. Not only does their food taste great it also saves me cooking for 2 nights, can't beat that.

It's so cool and crisp out this morning that it makes me feel like doing a lot of stuff around the house so I better finish my coffee and get to it.

JCY
July 5th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Not much sleep b/c the neighbors set off many illegal fireworks that lit up the sky, made loud booms, & sizzling noises. DH sleeps poorly anyway. He got only 3 hrs. sleep. I finally got to sleep ~11:15 after things quieted down. The city advertised they were going to crack down on illegal fireworks. Where were the cops?! I hesitated to call the cops, for fear of retaliation. The family had a big party with lots of booze, & they have teenage sons. This is the 3rd year in a row they've done this on the 4th. We get up at 5:00, so it was a short night.

I hope to finish the cross hatching on the latest baby quilt today & get the binding sewn on. I need to have 3 quilts done before the 29th. I may get outside early this a.n. & pull some weeds. It's supposed to be in the upper 90's today. JCY

Lonna
July 5th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Quite day here yesterday spent the day working on a blouse for myself. It was a quite and lonely night just me and the dogs. Of course when the few fireworks went off they were glued on my lap. Both Sue and her son Steven who now live with me both had to work. Have to work today until 2 if it is not busy was told I can close up at noon. Either way as soon as I close up here and get home Sue and myself are headed to our LQS. Sue has just about finished her first quilt and wants to take it and show it off and I sure do not blame her. She has done a beautiful double heart bargello puts everything I have done to shame other then maybe my grandmothers flower garden. If she keeps with quilting she will be doing some awesome work.

Well just a few more hours here and then maybe over the next two days off I can work my way out of my blues that I am in right now.

Wishing every one a wonderful rest of the weekend.

whippetmom
July 5th, 2014, 11:21 AM
All quiet on the western front here. We had booms last night but dogs were on some medication so they were semi-OK. I played with my embroidery part of my machine yesterday and will again today. I am hoping everyone shot off what they had last night so they do not have anything left today, I am sure they will though.
Hope every one has a wonderful Saturday and Sunday.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 5th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Ah yes, the Fourth of July, the day we celebrate independence by torturing our dogs with loud, frightening, mysterious noises. Our dog wasn't happy but she made it. The cat didn't seem to mind. I was *not* thrilled to hear people still setting off fireworks after midnight in our quiet residential neighborhood! They are illegal in the city limits but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

This morning -- maybe Saturday morning yoga if I can get myself out of the house on time.