PDA

View Full Version : My younger brother's cancer surgery

cyndiofthevortex
July 4th, 2014, 11:47 AM
It's coming up this week. It's on Thursday. It doesn't really matter that I knew it was coming. It's still as upsetting as can be. He is only 51 and this is his third (and different) kind of cancer.

My yellow flower garden is comforting me. It's amazing what God uses to quiet our hearts.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 4th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Oh sweetie. I prescribe sewing to help you tamp down your nerves, even though I know you have every reason to be upset. I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 4th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Prayers will be said for your brother. May he be returned to health quickly!

asta
July 4th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Oh Cyndi, that is so much for one person to go through. I will be praying for him and for the family who is there to support him.

EnumclawGramma
July 4th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Prayers for you and your brother Cyndi. I know all too well how this feels...

MayinJerset
July 4th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Prayers will be said for your brother. May he be returned to health quickly!

Cynthia, I echo Jean's thoughts for your dear brother. Enjoy the yellow Stella D'Oro day lilies as they as they certainly will help comfort your heart during this stressful time.

Sandy Navas
July 4th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Sending special prayers, Cyndi . . . hard times.

Midge
July 4th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Oh Cyndi, how terrible for your poor brother and your entire family. Doing my little bit to send healing thoughts and prayers to you all.

marytfnp
July 4th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I will be praying for him this week

Bubby
July 4th, 2014, 10:22 PM
My prayers are with your brother and you. ((Hugs))

Hulamoon
July 5th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Your garden is so beautiful and peaceful. I wish the same for you and your brother.

WendyI
July 5th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Hoping all goes well with your brother and wishing him a speedy recovery! Lovely gardens.

Genny
July 5th, 2014, 02:01 AM
I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers for your brother and for you. Take care...

sewbizzy
July 5th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Sending prayers for your brother and your family...hugs and blessings!

pcbatiks
July 5th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Cyndi.....your brother has been in my thoughts and prayers. The flowers are so pretty.......I'm glad they bring you comfort.

rebeccas-sewing
July 5th, 2014, 05:14 AM
My goodness, Cyndi. You have certainly had your fair share of troubles, girl. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's illness. I hope this surgery will do the job and bring him home cancer free! Lots of folks are praying for you and your family, Cyndi. I love your garden. I'm glad it brings you so much comfort. I know when mine is looking it's best I just sit back and enjoy it's beauty. I've really been enjoying all the different flowers that pop up in the garden here in Baarn. It's fun seeing what is coming next. I had no idea Hydrangeas do so well as cut flowers. I was pleasantly surprised to see they do quite nicely.Here are some I cut the other day. Hope you enjoy them.

songbird857
July 5th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Praying for your brother (and you) Cyndi :) Your garden is beautiful - I can see why it is calming...

ilive2craft2
July 5th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Prayers for your brother and you and the whole family.

MRoy
July 5th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Cyndi, your brother and you are in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS))))

ginger326
July 5th, 2014, 10:44 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know it is a very stressful thing to go through. My husband was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. I feel like I never stop worrying now. Quilting has been a great stress reliever for me even if it is just for 30 mins. You have to find what works for you. Take care!

cyndiofthevortex
July 6th, 2014, 10:34 AM
The family is busy making plans around his surgery. We all want to be there in the waiting room (waiting, waiting...) to hear how things went. All we want to hear is NO MORE CANCER. Then there's the caring for him afterwards, which my siblings and I will share as we can along with Andrew's fiancee.

I've been so distracted lately I tripped over a little barrier we put at the end of the driveway to keep the little ones from going into the road. It's about 12" high or so and over it I went and down I fell. I hit my left side from head to toe. I'm sore this morning but nothing too bad but some scraps and bruises. And a bit of a headache. Small potatoes compared to what Andrew is going through. I felt pretty dumb lying there on the pavement wondering how in the world I got there!

Marebear
July 6th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Many prayers for you and your brother.

ejgilly
July 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Sending up prayers for your brother and the entire family.
My husband ( age 61) was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. We have a meeting with his dr on Thursday. The sad part is his father just passed away from prostate cancer in May.

cyndiofthevortex
July 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
ejgilly, I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles your family is going through. I'll send prayers up for your husband and you,too. It's not in my nature to hate, but I sure do hate cancer with a passion.

Monique
July 6th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Prayers that all goes well.

bhaggerty
July 6th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Praying for you and your brother. Hope all goes well!

Andrea F
July 8th, 2014, 04:15 AM
I'll be thinking of you and your brother and sending some positive vibes and strength. I hope for a speedy, cancer free recovery.

rebeccas-sewing
July 8th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Good grief, Karen! It's crazy how all of a sudden one goes from standing to flat out. It happened to me a few years back. I didn't realize what happened until my face met the curb in my front yard. Tripped over a sprinkler that hadn't retracted. It was around 5 a.m. in the morning and still dark. By the time I got to the airport I looked like someone had beaten me. There was this little boy sitting a couple of seats away from me staring at my face. I felt compelled to tell him what happened. You and I are so lucky we didn't break anything. Actually, I think I did break my check bone. There's been an indentation there ever since I fell. Or who knows? Could just be old age setting in. hahaha Please let us know how your brother's surgery went. I can only imagine how worried you are. Hope you recover from your fall pronto!

cyndiofthevortex
July 9th, 2014, 09:17 PM
We're counting down the hours now until Andrew's surgery. Jonas and I leave at 4 am to wait with my brother's fiancee to hear the "all's well" call from the doctors.

Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes. I so appreciate them.

I hope we can get a little sleep tonight. Tomorrow will certainly be a long day.

pcbatiks
July 9th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Prayers from me too.

SallyO'Sews
July 10th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Praying for you, your brother, the rest of your family, and the medical team, dear quilty friend.
Blessings,
~ Sally