PDA

View Full Version : It Friday! It's the 4th of July! Happy Birthday, America!

Blondie
July 4th, 2014, 06:57 AM

Hello Folksies!

I reckon everyone in the USA is going to do some sort of Birthday Party for America today. Luscious has to work this morning but then this afternoon we will gather up the Moms and start out big cook out. Not sure what the weather will hold for us - however, we are far enough inland that i do believe we will get some wind and a bit of rain. Who knows. The skies were looking rather ominous last evening, thunder rolled but no rain. It was the fringe bands of Arthur I suppose, but, dang, would've rather had rain last night than tonite. It never seems to fail that we get rain/storm on the 4th.

Loving this summer, loving life in general. Enjoy your holiday. God bless America. Smile if you're glad you're FREE.

Suzette
July 4th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Happy Friday and Happy 4th!!

We have a full day of festivities on the island today, then watching fireworks down on the beach. Luckily, we dodged the worst of hurricane Arthur and just got a bit of rain yesterday. Hope everyone in his path stays safe!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsJy8jT7TT0KPO8RPfDkgMFFBiFYyoo OVfhaVIGJJrVDq086qGzQ

buckeyequilter
July 4th, 2014, 08:07 AM

Good morning....

I'm going to work on quilty stuff and do some laundry today. Later we will go to the fair and stay for fireworks.

Going to be a quiet day around here.

Have a Happy 4th everyone.

Doloris
July 4th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Morning everyone. Happy July 4th, and happy birthday to my DS. I am in Alabama to spend his bday with him. Not sure what our plans are for the day yet, just nice to get in some DS time.

HandsOffItsMine
July 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Happy 4th of July to all!

May your grill be ready for "Grilling" (as said in the South) or "BBQing" as we say in the Pacific. Don and I will be joining The Sardonia Clan (Matt's Mom side) as his sister/BF/his & her sons drove out from Savannah for the long weekend.

Kat and family leave tomorrow for their California Wedding Party - frankly I don't know how I'm going to survive without kisses and hugs from the 3 GKs for two weeks. :( Zander has been gone since June 11 as he's with his Dad in CA., he won't come back until the 29th. I so love my peeps!!

In closing here a link to the most beautiful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner I have ever heard. It will give you goose bumps...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=227877294069529&set=vb.100005417798884&type=2&theater

Have a safe one! Huggers, Ruby and Don

Monique
July 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Happy 4th to all my American friends. May your day be filled with love.

Another work morning. I am not getting much done in the way of quilting. I had a friend drop in last night. I had picked her up some batting for a quilt she is making and I just so happened to have some fabric for binding, imagine that and a quilting stencil to boot.

We are having dinner at a friend's cottage tonight to celebrate our friend's and my husband's birthdays. A turkey dinner.

Have a great weekend friends and be safe no matter where you are.

Bubby
July 4th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Happy 4th Everyone. We are going to Cuba this morning for a few hours. Then it will be home for the rest of the day. This evening we are planning to go to town for a fireworks display at one of the local churches. They do a great job every year. Not sure what we will be doing for food today. We may just fly by the seat of our pants and see what turns up. We may just order a pizza and call it dinner.

Shirley
July 4th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th!!

aliaslaceygreen
July 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Good morning!! I have to work today....as it looks like Arthur was a total washout here (yay)....not even more than a bit of wind, I expect it to be very dead at work, which means some time to catch up....
Two days of work and then VACAY!
Nothing big this year, just headed to the Jersey shore for an afternoon, Manhattan possibly and then ending up in CT for our very delayed Easter....just about all the family who normally comes for Easter will be there, so we will just move the celebrating out to the pool.

Have a quilt top that is THISCLOSE to being finished; just a bunch of hand applique on it that I will do in the car on our road trip.

Contacted two LA quilters about getting it done by September for our guild show and one said she has a three YEAR backlog on Custom... this needs a bit of custom....Yikes. 3 years....

Happy Independence Day, USA....

MRoy
July 4th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and remembers to take a moment to thank those who fought for our country to stay free. Now I'm going to bake a cake!

Genny
July 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
"Hope everyone has a wonderful relaxing day with your family and friends"

ravelim
July 4th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone. As Blondie says. Smile.

Kerry Bo Berry
July 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
50 Stars, 13 Bars… Happy Birthday America!

Wishing all of you a safe and great 4th of July!

Ginny B
July 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good morning and Happy 4 thy of July. A bit dreary out here today. Not raining at this point. They said we would be getting getting a bunch though so we will see. We are headed over to my hubbys bil's this afternoon. They just live on the other side of town so no traveling involved. I am hoping to be home before dark.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day. I'm off to bake some brownies to bring with us.

Have fun everyone!

mommadeb
July 4th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Happy 4th to all of you!! I get a double-whammy here. First of all, it's the 4th of July AND it's our town festival too. Believe it or not, it's 'Irish Days'. Yep, there is drinking involved. Fortunately, it's a small town so everyone walks everywhere. Now if the gale force winds and rain would stop....

BellasQuilts
July 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Happy 4th! Today we go buy paint to start on the bedrooms. The walls got a lovely cat's paw texture so we have to prime first. This paint job is going to take forever! Enjoy the fireworks!

EnumclawGramma
July 4th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Happy 4th of July to everyone! It's a beautiful day here, great bbq weather! We're doing yard work and cleaning today, nothing big planned. Our town has a big fair today, pancake breakfast, parade and fireworks. We may go check it out, but mostly staying close to home.

My son Josh is coming over tomorrow to sand some wood for his next art project and to have Mama hem some shorts for him. I can't wait to see him! Love that boy!

I spent all day yesterday finishing up two baby quilts. I'll post pics in the show n' tell section next. I have one more to finish up and then my UFO pile is significantly diminished enough so that I can move on! Yay!

We've got family from NY State coming on the 23rd to stay with us for a week! SO much to do! My poor DH pales when we talk about the honey do list. There's a big family reunion in the middle of that week so that'll eat up a few days. Should be fun, we always have a great time with these folks!

Prayers and Hugs all 'round. Have a wonderful 4th and be safe!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 4th, 2014, 11:34 AM

Happy 4th of July!

WendyI
July 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Happy 4th to all my pals south of the border!! Hope it's a funfilled weekend for you all!! xox

MayinJerset
July 4th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Lost my photo somewhere so this will have to do.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL.

toggpine
July 4th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Happy Independence Day!

I have post holes to dig this morning, then a salad & iced tea to make. The fresh cheese turned out really good. We'll wag those items over to Mom's for burgers and dogs. We'll be home before dark, as it makes us a bit nervous to not be on the farm when the neighbors start lighting off the big boomers. Those and close lightening storms are the only two things that spook our livestock guardian dog. He hides under the chicken shed, poor baby.

The coffee cup is dry, so it's time to get on with the day!
Hugs! Cathy

shermur
July 5th, 2014, 05:36 AM
We made it to Fort Smith, Arkansas on July 2nd...Halona and I pulled up at the new abode between 10:30 and 11:00 PM. Very tired! And since yesterday, the attempt to unpack, rearrange, and tired again! The new fridge and cable arrived yesterday, so not much unpacking got done as I would have liked.
It's been great getting to meet a few of the new neighbors, they all seem very nice. It was also great not to hear a bunch of cheap fireworks near my house...Dottie did so much better this 4th than last year.