PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Arthur - Any coastal NCarolina Reports?

Judy, USMC
July 4th, 2014, 03:25 AM
I'm a bit concerned. I'm a bit of a snowbird and left Jacksonville (Camp Lejeune) NC 10 days ago to come to Chicago. I usually feel safe leaving because the first hurricanes develop in the Gulf.

Well this one caught me out of town and I was wondering if anyone had any reports - especially from the coastal areas like mine. I truly hope everyone came through safely and any damage to anyone affected was minimal!

Blondie
July 4th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Judy, since we live so far inland, the only thing I hear is the news stations. A bit ago (5ish am) the eye was passing over The Outerbanks. No real news of damage so far. I think pretty much everyone had battened down the hatches in preparations.
Happy 4th of July, my sweet chickadee!

Kerry Bo Berry
July 4th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Judy and Blondie, glad to hear you're both safe! My parents have a house in Pink Hill but are summering in Vermont, so I know they're out of harm's way. I have a brother, however, in Rodanthe who decided to ride out the storm. We're waiting to hear how he made out!

Kerry

Blondie
July 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Kerry, from the local news, it seems it is mostly beach erosion and that those who rode the storm out fared fine. Hope you hear from him soon.
Blondie in breezy NC

Kerry Bo Berry
July 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the update, Blondie! No wonder I haven't heard from my brother. He's prolly making good use of a broom at the moment or collecting washed up sea glass and other treasures on the beach… a favorite pastime. :)

Judy, USMC
July 4th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Got a call from a friend in Surf City which is located on Topsail Island which is a barrier island close to my house. Rather than erosion they actually gained a foot of sand! Seems Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune got wind and rain, a few tree limbs down and only spotty electrical outages.

Biggest complaint I heard (on FB) was a friend complaining that the TV station that airs Big Brother was dedicated to covering the hurricane ~ and she wanted to know who left and who got HOH!