PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
July 3rd, 2014, 06:40 AM
Happy July 3 Folksies!

Before yesterday, the only things I knew about Missouri was that it was the "show me" state, Harry Truman hailed from there and that the first song I taught myself on the mandolin was The Missouri Waltz.

So, here's a WOW to Missouri Folks. Are they dreamers or just wishful thinkers? Are they a bit of both and is there a difference? Looking at the names of towns in Mo mentioned in yesterday's post, I believe they have a healthy amount of both! I know each state has it own special type of dreamers and namers of towns. I find this just fascinating. Sort of like watching that History Channel show How the States got their Shape.

Yesterday was a good day. Today promises to be wonderful and tomorrow ~ wellsir ~ tomorrow! Fun fun fun. I love a holiday; in fact, I never miss an opportunity to have a great time and giggle, no matter what day it is. But the 4th of July? C'mon now. That's like Christmas here. You should see our house. The big man loves to decorate for the 4th as much as he does for Christmas. I was just telling someone yesterday that he is my own Clark Griswold. Oh Sparky! After that, I will be on the final countdown for the kids from NY to arrive. They are arriving late on the 13th and leaving after 3 full days. Be still my heart.

Make today a memorable one. Do something that you've never done before. Carolina Girls, If you are in the path of Arthur on the SE coast - prayers for safety. Blessings, prayers and hugs to all. SMILE.

MayinJerset
July 3rd, 2014, 07:13 AM
80960This should get everyone going this morning.

Sewing today, yeah! Only thing to get in the way is that I need something for tonight's dinner even though we went food shopping yesterday. I didn't care for the meats and produce at the supermarket and will shop at farm market later this afternoon. They have the freshest chuck chop meat that is great for burgers, meatballs, etc. and really fresh produce and local eggs that we like. They are a little bit pricey compare to supermarkets but the quality of their foods make up for the slightly higher prices. One thing I skip there is their baked items, too little for the price. Love their Italian breads and rolls which are delivered to them fresh every morning.

Blondie
July 3rd, 2014, 07:28 AM
80960This should get everyone going this morning.

Sewing today, yeah! Only thing to get in the way is that I need something for tonight's dinner even though we went food shopping yesterday. I didn't care for the meats and produce at the supermarket and will shop at farm market later this afternoon. They have the freshest chuck chop meat that is great for burgers, meatballs, etc. and really fresh produce and local eggs that we like. They are a little bit pricey compare to supermarkets but the quality of their foods make up for the slightly higher prices. One thing I skip there is their baked items, too little for the price. Love their Italian breads and rolls which are delivered to them fresh every morning.

Dang May! Y'all have the best street markets. I miss having my chickens and reckon that our Ryan is far too busy with his own chicks, not to mention Sawyer, not to mention his sweetie pie Tabitha to come to NC and help us build a new coop. THEN I could have my fresh eggs each day and not pay close to 2 bucks a dozen. Thanks for the Snoopy Dance and have fun sewing kiddo. Off to get ready for work.

buckeyequilter
July 3rd, 2014, 07:34 AM
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p346/diintx_album/happydance25255B125255D.gif

Good morning.....

Five days off work and heading to my sewing room....some organization needed there. The mail lady should be delivering some fabric to me today.

Nothing else on the agenda :)

Have a wonderful day!

HandsomeRyan
July 3rd, 2014, 07:49 AM
Dang May! Y'all have the best street markets. I miss having my chickens and reckon that our Ryan is far too busy with his own chicks, not to mention Sawyer, not to mention his sweetie pie Tabitha to come to NC and help us build a new coop. THEN I could have my fresh eggs each day and not pay close to 2 bucks a dozen. Thanks for the Snoopy Dance and have fun sewing kiddo. Off to get ready for work.

I'll be in NC at Thanksgiving for a camping trip with the in-laws. (camping = staying in cabins with electricity and indoor plumbing, really roughing it) I'm not sure I can throw a coop together that fast though. I suggest getting a couple hens and just keep them in the bathtub, or what about that space you cleaned out in the basement?! :)

I just found out that one of my in-real-life quilty friends just had one of her quilts accepted to the HOME exhibit at Houston. I don't know what that is but I'm told this is a really big deal so if anyone is going, look for the work by Misty Cole, a very talented applique/art quilter.

Wiggles slept again last night so that was nice. Daycare is closed tomorrow so we'll get to spend all day together. Not sure what we'll do but I'm going to try to take the morning shift because Little Man and I are both in a better mood in the morning and we tend to taper off as the afternoon wears on.

I got confirmation that my new sewing machine feet that I ordered are in MD at a processing station but I don't think they'll be delivered today which means it'll be Saturday before I can move forward on my current project. I ordered a generic open toe foot for sewing on applique and a roller foot because it was cheap and it looked cool. Not sure when I'll be sewing leather or other "sticky" stuff but it'll be good to have when the need arises and it was only about $4.

I hope everyone has a safe Fourth of July. Safer than this at least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQU4mjE2pQA

Bubby
July 3rd, 2014, 07:52 AM
Morning Everyone,

Yay, Shirley, fabric coming in the mail today! I think I should get a Daily Deal today, too.

Blondie, we're both getting visitors on the 13th. My MIL and SIL are coming for about 3 days. Not sure how much time they will actually be here with us. Jeff has a brother she also wants to see. Since I took over a room for sewing we only have one guest room and Dottie wakes up the household at all hours of the night.

We have farmer markets around here, but mostly on weekends. I love shopping at them. Next time I go I want to get some local honey. Since we aren't growing veggies this year I will be visiting the produce stands that pop up everywhere all summer.

I'm getting a little sewing done on DDs birthday quilt. My goal is to have it to Reggie by next Friday. I think I can do that.

Wishing everyone a very Happy 4th tomorrow. We are planning to go to town for the fireworks if we can stay awake until 9:30. Didn't it used to get dark earlier when we were kids....lol!

Kerry Bo Berry
July 3rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Love the Fido video! Happy pre-4th everyone! It's going to be a great day indeed!

ilive2craft2
July 3rd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Good Morning everyone! I also have 5 days off and we plan to make good use of them. Lots of food, family and fun - I think the 3 F's are very important. :) Our son will be joining us for part of it - woohoo! Mom is also feeling good enough to join us, too. Gonna be a great loooonnngggg weekend!

I am working on a Summer in the Park Revamped - it is black and white, too - I just love that combo. I might be able to squeeze some time in to work on it. I think this is my 3rd project in b/w and I probably have enough fabric to do a few more.....gotta do what you love, right?

Not usually up this early on a day off, but got up to use the facilities and when I was ready to head back to bed, DH was snoring very loudly, so I decided to poke my head in here instead of trying to go back to bed.

Have a wonderful 4th of July! Hugs and prayers for everyone.

Mpyles
July 3rd, 2014, 09:08 AM
Good morning!

It's a super busy day for me today in the restaurants...everyone traveling to there destinations for the weekend....it will be a long one as well!

Yesterday was a productive day around the house...I got 1/2 of our garage cleaned out. Dd helped..as she is I debited to me for a substantial amount of money ...due to a fender bender she had last month. Omg...we had put so much crap out there...had to stop so I wouldn't aggravate the trash man...most everything I threw away and anything I kept got washed and into the house. I have decided I am not a hoarder...I'm a procrastinator piler....how's that for self diagnosis...and everyone in my family suffers from the same ailment! I also cleaned off the back porch and whew...dusty mess out there! Did the kitchen floors and managed a walk last evening...as the weather in SW Missouri is heavenly right now. Prayers for those on the east coast...please be cautious!

Ryan...the roller foot is great for fmq!!

Well off to feed the travelers! Have a great day!!

Ginny B
July 3rd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Good morning all. Just popping in before heading off to work . I've got to stop at the grocery store to pick up some brownie mix. Got to bring dessert to dh's bil's tomorrow and I think it might be raining when I get out of work today so I will go this morning. Getting out at 4 today! Yippee!

May, I love Snoopy. Doing the Snoopy dance for sure today with a 3 day weekend upon us.

Be safe everyone in Arthur's path. He will be bringing us some rain for the 4th but so far I don't think we will have very high winds. Have a good day all . see you later

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2014, 09:50 AM
I want to know how Ryan suggests keeping those two hens in the bathtub . . . ?? I'd forgotten about the video he posted so needed that chuckle this morning.

Yesterday was a fun day with Jenny - including her far-away visitors. She got to brush up on her Polish a wee bit. I didn't accomplish much but did get to leave my little "Patsy Cline" sewing machine there for some TLC. Sure hope she's fixable, Bernice! As usual, our Little Jean was running all over the place - you can't keep a good girl down. I visited the Sew Seasonal shop - you won't believe all the new Holiday fabrics they have in - they are running out of room for sure. Then a trip to the JC Penney shop where they have their solids. Picked a chocolate brown to sash my green BOM blocks. Now to get my machine back . . . that's another story.

I sure hope everyone has a wonderful celebration for the 4th. All I can tell you is to be safe. Oh, and keep that smile lighting up the sky.

ravelim
July 3rd, 2014, 10:04 AM
If you are in Arthur's path, please do whatever is safe for you. We don't have hurricanes just tornadoes around here.

I love the pics and videos. That really makes me smile. Have always loved Snoopy.

Supposed to be a great day weather wise here today. Low humidity and wonderful sunshine.

Hubby is going to daughter's to finish putting on a storm door. I'll be able to do some sewing. I need hubby to sandwich quilt but am also working on a table runner. I'll work on that.

Have a great day and hugs to all.

Simply Quilting
July 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Good Morning!!! Blondie, that cat looks very similar to the one that we picked up at Wayside Waifs in Kansas City on Friday. We named her June and she is 3 months old. It is like having a new baby in the house. The dog wants to play with her but is still working on how to be gentle so usually if the cat is out she is being held or we go to a bedroom and close the door so she can play on the floor with her toys. If she starts meowing, the dog whines to tells her to be quiet and if that doesn't work the dog barks for her to be quiet. Needless to say we've had a couple long nights. But things seem to be settling down and they are getting along.

On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I helped a friend move her and her two children from her apartment to her new house. She just got married two weeks ago. Her husband took two weeks off to help her move and get the house in order as there is a total of six children (her 2 and his 4). They look so sweet together. :)

Tuesday, the children and I spent 4 1/2 hours at the pool. They had a lot of fun swimming and I got to visit with a friend.

Wednesday was very cool around here. We had park day with a friend in the morning, then the children went swimming with their friends for two hours (they won't get to see their friends again until the 21st as the friends are out of town or my children are out of town). So the children decided although the weather was cool to go swimming - it was fine as long as you were in the water but stepping out is when it got cool. The lifeguards were dressed in sweatpants and sweatshirts. Because of the cool weather, we basically had the pool to ourselves. Then in the evening, we had church.

Today is exciting because it starts my hubby's four day weekend :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo: He has been working six days a week for months so this is exciting to have this much time off. He even asked me to write up a "Honey Do" list. As for the Independence Day plans, I think that we are headed to a friend's house for a get together with friends.

Have a great day everyone :)

Jean Sewing Machine
July 3rd, 2014, 11:03 AM
I want to know how Ryan suggests keeping those two hens in the bathtub . . . ?? I'd forgotten about the video he posted so needed that chuckle this morning.

Yesterday was a fun day with Jenny - including her far-away visitors. She got to brush up on her Polish a wee bit. I didn't accomplish much but did get to leave my little "Patsy Cline" sewing machine there for some TLC. Sure hope she's fixable, Bernice! As usual, our Little Jean was running all over the place - you can't keep a good girl down. I visited the Sew Seasonal shop - you won't believe all the new Holiday fabrics they have in - they are running out of room for sure. Then a trip to the JC Penney shop where they have their solids. Picked a chocolate brown to sash my green BOM blocks. Now to get my machine back . . . that's another story.

I sure hope everyone has a wonderful celebration for the 4th. All I can tell you is to be safe. Oh, and keep that smile lighting up the sky.

Love the barn quilt, it sure did turn out great! For those of you who ha e been to MSQC in person, their building has some flat spaces in the bricks where windows once were. These spaces would be the perfect spot for wall murals of quilt blocks. Way back when they first opened the newer main shop, I suggested they paint those spaces with quilt blocks. Don't know when they would ever slow down enough to even think about doing this, maybe they need to hire Sandy to do this! She seems to have the Missouri Star in paint perfected!

JCY
July 3rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
Morning, All ~
I'm waiting for the sprinkler repair person to show up & adjust the sprinkler heads. One head may need to be replaced. Our sprinkler system is >20 yrs. old, so it's not in perfect shape.

I finished the quilting on the pink & green Rail Fence baby quilt yest. & got the binding partially sewn on. Hope to finish that today. I want to finish up these last 2 baby quilts so I can start on a new project using some of that beautiful fabric I recently purchased on sale. I have all sorts of ideas running through my mind.

I saw my neighbors out cleaning off their patio yest. eve. They usually have a big party each 4th of July (with lots of adult beverages). I'm hoping they won't be too rowdy. It will be same ole same ole at our house on the 4th. We can see some of the fireworks from our front yard. The trees have grown so tall it's hard to see all of them. When the kids were home & we were young & healthy, we used to climb up on the roof to watch them. Now I mostly watch A Capitol Fourth or other fireworks on TV. Don't have to fight the mosquitos that way.

Blondie, I loved the kitty pic. Ryan, the dog running away with the shooting fireworks was really funny. Glad no one got hurt. Have a good day! JCY

BellasQuilts
July 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
Blondie, shall I send my SIL over there? Here's the chicken coop he just built for their chicks. We call it the Taj MaCoop!

toggpine
July 3rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
Good Morning!

It has been a busy few days and none of it in my sewing room. The new buck barn is almost done. I found out why Hubby has been so driven. He wants the weekend off to go play with the guys. Silly boy. Of course he can go hang out with the guys. Even if the barn isn't completely done.

I have to go help a friend with a few things on her place this AM that require two hands. Sometimes I can't believe how she manages the acreage and the 100 year old house by herself. She needs to find a younger couple that would like to trade work for part of the rent on the small cottage.
This afternoon we'll load up the sheep and return them home. They have done the job of mowing down the pasture quite nicely. I'll miss the smallest one. I think she has decided that being a goat might be more fun that being a sheep. It will certainly lower the volume of the animal chorus around here. Those sheep bellow a lot more loudly than you'd think.

I am off for a fresh cup of coffee. Apparently my sweetie did not make a pot this morning before he headed out to the lumber store for whatever he needed. (He let me sleep in.) So that explained why this cup was bitter and I've only taken a few sips. It was yesterdays. Ugh! Gotta go fix THAT!

You all have a great day!
Hugs! Cathy

P.S. Thanks Sandy for rubbing our noses in the fact that we live too far away from Hamilton to go check out the new stores in person. I can just imagine all of the fabric loveliness! Sigh.
Love you anyway.

MRoy
July 3rd, 2014, 12:24 PM
Good morning! I woke up with a headache and stuffy nose...took decongestant pills that put me back to sleep for a couple of hours. I feel good now! LOL! I don't have a chicken coop or chickens now, but I grew up on a farm with chickens and a hen house. We had home grown eggs and fried chicken.

The humidity has cleared out and the sky is bright blue. It's a good day to get out and about. Happy Thursday all!

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Funny, I was just catching up and notice my barn quilt picture isn't there any more . . . what's with that?

There are strange things done neath the midnight sun . . .

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM

Testing, testing, testing

K. McEuen
July 3rd, 2014, 01:19 PM
Funny, I was just catching up and notice my barn quilt picture isn't there any more . . . what's with that?

There are strange things done neath the midnight sun . . .

It is still in your original post ...

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
It is still in your original post ...

I do believe you but for some reason all I see is Attachment 80967 . . . Like I said, there are strange things done . . .

toggpine
July 3rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
All I saw was the attachment notice too. I just figured if Sandy did it, it had to be fantastic. I was right.

Monique
July 3rd, 2014, 05:51 PM

Testing, testing, testing

Me likey....