• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MayinJerset
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Night Owl Returns

A little after 5am this morning, so I may be considered an Early Bird but I'm not chirping like the birds are doing outside in our garden. Been trying to be more active and I guess that's why I've been sleeping pretty good lately so I can't complain. Being more active for me and DH is more like turtles speeding, LOL.

We had a heat wave here in Jersey and for once DH wasn't reluctant to turn the central AC on, it has to be very hot and humid before he considers it. Bad thunder storms and flooding in many Jersey areas tonight but we seemed to have done OK, we'll know better once it's daylight and we can check the property.

It's July already! Can the year really be half over? Haven't done half of the things I had planned to do by this time. How about you guys? On track with your To Do List or been derailed along the way like me?
  • Cathy F
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Night Owl Returns

May, I'm hanging my head in shame! I told myself this would be the year I would make a gift each month and put it away for the holidays. Here it is July and I haven't finished anything yet.
    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• toggpine
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2009

I know this is "Wednesday's" thread, but I'm too lazy to start a Thursday one.

I'm behind on the ToDo list. Although, it is getting longer every time I turn my head. Darn those new patterns I found while visiting all of the new-to-me shops!
      I have grand hopes for next week once Hubby gets back to work. He took the week off so we could build the new buck barn. (It's nearly done.) So the quilt blocks I have spread all over the place from the Shop Hop are still languishing where they lie. They are not really fabrics I'd choose for myself, but I do have a relative who would probably love them. Most of the blocks came with a coupon for some percent off of a purchase if you return to the shop that issued it with the block completed.

I hope to make some progress on my list, or there might just be a bunch of pocket fuzz under the tree this year!

I had a full day. I'm gonna run through the shower and hit the sack. I have post holes to dig and fence to hang tomorrow. The sooner that project is done....

Happy Hooting!
      Last edited by toggpine; July 3, 2014, 11:53 PM. Reason: their, there, they're
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• MayinJerset
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

Piggybacking on Wednesday's posting also. It's 2 am so I'm back on the old schedule tonight.

Hot and steamy weather must have effected my thinking as today I had to go back to the supermarket to pick up several needed items that I forget to purchase yesterday. What a mad house the store was with everyone rushing around the store piling their wagons up with BBQ stuff for their 4th of July celebrations. Same at Costco where we went to check out wood pergola we were thinking of getting for our deck - waited too long as it's gone so they are sold out. I can imagine what the roads will be like for the 4th - everyone heading south to The Shore so we'll head north if we go anywhere. Most likely I'll be sewing and DH be doing stuff around the house as we plan a quiet 4th this year. Only holiday event we have on tap is 8am breakfast on Monday morning with DGD Christine before she heads by home to New Orleans, her dad (DS#2) will be there also. She's here for a few days to go wedding and bridesmaid dress shopping with her sister Catherine who is planning a May 2015 wedding. Would love to visit her and her DH in New Orleans but DH and I aren't up to traveling any longer.
        Last edited by MayinJerset; July 4, 2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2010

Counting Sheep.jpg

Night Owls - change of plans suggested here . . .
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• MayinJerset
            Missouri Star
            • May 2012

Sandy suggested that when we can't sleep at night we should sew. That's fine for most but not for me as my sewing room is over our bedroom and that's a problem. Once I did try sewing during the middle of the night and DH woke up having nightmares of trains speeding to run him over. Guess the sound of my machine really echoed through the floorboards.

Comment

• toggpine
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2009

Friday @ 11:47 Pacific
              Night Owl sewing wouldn't be so bad if it were hand sewing May. But then again, how coordinated am I at that time of the day/night? Riiight. No sewing then. How about one of those anti-fatigue mats under the sewing table? Would that be enough to absorb the vibrations from the machine?

I really wish they would stop blowing things up around here. Although in the last 5 minutes it has shifted to a dull roar. The nearest neighbors must have blown through their pile 'o pyrotechnics. Maybe the livestock guardian dog will come out from under the chicken house soon. Poor boy.

I'm going to try to get some Zzz's.
              Hugs!C
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X