PDA

View Full Version : Stressed spelled backwards is desserts

Familyjournals
July 2nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. How do you unwind? De-stress?

Spudgrandma
July 2nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
These days I work at not getting stressed to start with, but spending time with my family and watching the grands have fun is a great stress reliever - I also like to sit and sew.

whippetmom
July 2nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
Go to my sewing room and try to create things, or sit with my dogs. They are de-stressers.

Angelia
July 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Sewing and yoga--but not usually at the same time! :)

Over40momma
July 2nd, 2014, 12:08 PM
My favorite de-stressor is chocolate! However my family says they cannot handle the stress of the crash that comes after the sugar high. :icon_evil:
So the next best thing to chocolate is my sewing machine and a quilt to piece together. (It is also the best place to beat the heat as my sewing room is in the basement.)

Familyjournals
July 2nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Sewing and yoga--but not usually at the same time! :)

Ha! I'm envisioning that.......Try doing the mountain pose while lining up rows....

HandsomeRyan
July 2nd, 2014, 05:20 PM
I cuddle my son, ride bicycles, do metalworking in my shop or go play in the garden.

pcbatiks
July 2nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
I find that a Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt candy bar will help..........at least that's what I tell myself! :D

Jess1377
July 2nd, 2014, 05:57 PM
I avoid thinking about work! Preferably sewing of course, if i am too tired then drinking coffee and then hopefully being able to sew!

BobW
July 2nd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Since January of 2013 when I had a silent heart attack at work, and subsequently retiring I try not to let myself get stressed. Usually if I get stressed I get really sleepy and either lay back in my recliner or go to bed and take a nap. Naps are good!

stationarymom
July 3rd, 2014, 03:17 AM
I can't drive,so if I can find a girl friend that has the time I like to go get a cup of coffee and dessert so we can talk.

MaryD
July 3rd, 2014, 08:10 AM
Beethoven cello sonatas usually do the trick - turned up loudly. Or a trio or two.

QuiltingRN
July 3rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Sewing or reading are great stress reducers!

lynnl55
July 3rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
80978 Bob's naps sound good...then one has to wonder about being depressed ! Hmmm

JCY
July 3rd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Did you know there is a book entitled, "Stressed Is Desserts Spelled Backward," by Brain Luke Seaward, Ph.D. He's a Colorado man. I heard him speak at a nursing seminar. JCY