PDA

View Full Version : I need a nose mitten!

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I have no idea where I got it, who passed it along (hate those kind of gifts), but I have a 'cold in my nose'. Summer colds are the worst!! Or, perhaps it is allergies - or, as Al and I lovingly call it, the 'dumhumdittity'. Regardless, as Cathy would say, my snot locker overfloweth.

Did quite a bit of work on Emily's quilt yesterday before this nose/sinus problem really raised it's ugly head. I did find out that I need to do some better planning though. When will I ever learn? Since I was 'right on' on my blocks, as far as the number of FQs I had . . . and then I increased the size of my planned blocks which left me really, really close . . . I did not account for the HSTs. So those blocks, naturally, are a bit smaller than they should be. I really, truly, think I can make it work . . . but I am FUTZED! (Is that a word?)

We're under heat advisories here - and even though I'd like to be out pulling errant weeds, I think I'll hide inside and do some catch-up laundry and then quilt. Wish me luck on narrowing HST seams enough to work!!

Special prayers going out to Suzi who is not 'looking' as well as she would like. Wish I could send you new eyeballs!!! And, prayers to all who need them. Hugs to everyone else.

quiltingtrish
July 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Awww - sorry to hear about your head cold, Sandy. Those are the pits! Oh, no, sorry - those are under your arms. :)
HOT here too. Got my run to the laundromat and food store done and even though if the day is too hot, I won't hang clothes cause I just can't take it when the temps get too high up there, I figure that I better keep hanging those clothes out when the sun is shining to counteract the electric part of the bill when it comes due for the high A/C costs it will generate! It all comes out in the wash!
Ok - got to get back to my sewing. Almost on flower number 3 and I'm loving it.

Stay cool if you can and do overdo today if you've got the heat. Marine son overdid in Arizona and passed out at a Verizon store because of dehydration. He did 3 hours in a hospital after the ambulance, an extra EMT, and a firetruck showed up. We can't figure out why the fire truck showed up unless they thought he needed to be sprayed with the water hose! They insisted on doing every test known to mankind on him to make sure he was okay since he hit his head when he fell. He is fine. And the little booger didn't plan on telling us until we kept getting phone calls from the hospital checking on him. He gave his home phone number as a contact since he couldn't remember the new phone number Verizon just gave him minutes before. I've always told them that mom's have a way of finding out things. :)
Sandy - don't make those seams too thin or else they might pop out over a few washings Sweetie.
Got to run. Have a happy day!
Hugs,

mrswindy4
July 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I hate having a summer "code"....they are the worst! Hope its doesnt last to long!

I'm hibernating today....not going outside for anything! I'll only open the door to let "Puppy" out and back in again. (We got a new puppy a few months ago, and tried to name him Jet, but my granddaughter cant say Jet, so his name became Puppy....and when he is a 90 pound full grown lab, he'll still be called "Puppy") Be careful in the heat, Sandy and everyone else...its going to be a miserable day for so many people.

patticakes
July 11th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Would one of those "pee-pee" tents I've seen made for babies work on your nose?? LOL --- sorry could not resist!!
Big storms rolled through here this am and it's still dreary out but supposed to clear up and be "steamy". Think I will stay in and sew!

Bubby
July 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Sandy...Sorry you're under the weather. Maybe you can use the time to read and re-read (or watch the DVD) for your new machine and dream of all the gorgeous quilts you will be able to make. Take Care.....Barb

Blondie
July 11th, 2011, 03:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/misc/oh_snap.jpg

Just realized I didn't pop in and give a morning cheeri-o! Must be the heat. Actually, on our gardening almanac today is supposed to be a super fertile day, so Sis came over EARLY (I was still in my nightie) and I threw on clothes and starting clipping things we are wanting to root. It is our experimental stuff and we are not sure if they will root or not. Nothing ventured. When the sun was up for awhile and we were soaking wet with sweat, we sat under my oak tree and ran the water hose over ourselves. OMG, did that ever feel wonderful! We looked a mess but who the heckfire shoot cares?
She walked home and hubs drove her back over a bit later. We have been contemplating our projects and now it is mid afternoon. Hubs will be home soon and I haven't done a thing. Well, I have enjoyed myself today. Yes, ladies, life is short, youth is fleeting, make good friends if'n you don't have a sis close by. We are a party to ourselves.

Sandy! FEEL BETTER SOON!
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/ozzielass/Get%20Well/get-well-soon.jpg

toggpine
July 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Good Noon!
I have the house back to just me and the Em! It is now a blue house with white trim, and I think my husband was happy to go back to work where his boss is less of a slave driver!
Sandy I am sorry to hear about your snot locker being filled up in the summer! That is sooo unpleasant! I am hoping that with the removal of that abcessed tooth, my near-monthly sinus infections are a thing of the past. Dig out some flannel and make yourself a soft snot rag. Your nose will thank you.
It's warm here but not unpleasant. I'll be sewing today once I get some paperwork done. I had better get cracking! The baby shower is on Saturday! Yikes!

Catch up with y'all later! Cathy

meemeecyn
July 11th, 2011, 06:13 PM
So sorry you are feeling under the weather, Sandy. Summer colds are awful. Trish....glad your son is ok. Still scary, huh? I've been gone for a few days but it is nice to be back on the forum and reading about all my Quilting Sista's! Have a good week everyone!
Cynthia

toggpine
July 11th, 2011, 11:16 PM
OK, I've been sewing some kids clothes today and I am having a heck of a time using a 3/8" or 5/8" seam! I keep drifting back towards the 1/4" mark! Aarrgh! Now you know when I go back to quilting, I'll be wanting to sew fat seams!

Glad to see you check in Cynthia! How's your summer going?