PDA

View Full Version : I scored big at the thift store

sally
July 2nd, 2014, 01:39 AM
I wish I had a better way of posting pictures...no smart phone...sigh...just the old camera...anyhow I digress. I went to a local thift store today and was searching through the material when I found a sealed bag containing what appeared to be one or more completed blocks or a small quilt top. Cost me$ 4.00. Inside were 12- 12 inch sampler blocks and who ever sewed them... wow...points are perfect. Colors are dusty rose, blue and white floral. SCORE!
Just wanted to share my good fortune. I hear of it happening to others but this is first time for me!

RoseMA
July 2nd, 2014, 01:46 AM
Happy for you that you found something so nice.
Hope you find you photographic mojo sometime and toss us up some photo's.
:)

stationarymom
July 2nd, 2014, 03:15 AM
I just read your post (it's late here) and I thought you said that you found the 12 blocks and the person who made them. I had to read it 3x.It's time for bed.

K. McEuen
July 2nd, 2014, 04:06 AM
I just read your post (it's late here) and I thought you said that you found the 12 blocks and the person who made them. I had to read it 3x.It's time for bed.

12 blocks and a quilter all for $4.00! That's a steal!! :icon_heh:

Monique
July 2nd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Way to go Shauna. Score indeed.

buckeyequilter
July 2nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
Nice!! I told hubby I am going to start haunting the thrift shops.

sally
July 5th, 2014, 11:04 AM
No quilter...just the blocks! I wonder if long arm quilting machines ever show up at thrift stores....sigh

whippetmom
July 5th, 2014, 11:17 AM
That is a really good find. The only thing I have found is fabric to make covers for our air cleaner filter in our bedroom.