PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday, It's July 1

Blondie
July 1st, 2014, 07:34 AM

Hello Folksies!

Happy Tuesday, Happy July and How's it feel to be officially knee deep in summer time??

It will be a bit of the same - old same old here today. Although I was planning on doing nothing, I did manage to sift through some stuff in the basement yesterday. It was fun to sit on the basement steps and thumb through old magazines. I also discovered that some of my oldies that are out of print I may have a hard time parting with. Some things just age nicely, like good reading.

Off to have a productive day. Find something that makes you smile.

Blessings, prayers and some warm hugs to all who need.

HandsomeRyan
July 1st, 2014, 07:46 AM
Howdy all.

I hate to jinx it but Sawyer has been sleeping through the night really well now that he can roll over onto his belly. His head is rounding back out nicely too.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0243_zpsspe9pw5j.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0243_zpsspe9pw5j.jpg.html)
Dinner time. Om nom nom!

After he eats his food, it is bath time. I'll assume this picture doesn't violate anyone's sensibilities. I covered up his business with the towel.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0244_zpsbdiclpha.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0244_zpsbdiclpha.jpg.html)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Bubby
July 1st, 2014, 07:52 AM
What a doll. He's growing up so fast!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 1st, 2014, 07:55 AM
Oh Ryan! You start off our days so perfectly with Sawyer pictures! LOL about the comment about the towel! Saves you from having to change clothes as well as providing necessary coverage for an appropriate picture!

I celebrated my brother's 65th birthday with him last night with a nice dinner out. We both live alone, so it's nice to have a dinner companion! I also got three of ten tiny Munchkin jackets sewn, hope to get the rest done today! I hope, I hope!

Monique
July 1st, 2014, 08:26 AM
HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL MY CANADIAN FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am back. I had a wonderful trip and we visited so many quilt shops along the way. I will have to take a picture of all my purchases. AND I got to meet Wendy and what a lovely woman she is. I also got to meet Liam and the two furbabies as well. What a beautiful part of the country she lives in. It is mennonite country. Liam got to take a few pictures with my camera. We stayed at a century old farmhouse and had breakfast outside on the deck each morning.

Now back to reality and work.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Carol336
July 1st, 2014, 09:03 AM
Good morning everyone.

Oh my goodness, Ryan, Sawyer is getting go big.....what in the world are you feeding that kid!!!! I grew up in a house with 5 girls....no little brothers. So when my first son was born I learned the hard way to keep that business covered - LOL.

I have a day off from the de-cluttering, de-personalizing and packing today. Hubs has a colonoscopy at 11 this morning....oh boy!!!

Made a lot of headway yesterday though - got most of the downstairs finished. Went to the grocery and got a lovely bunch of banana boxes to get it all packed away in. I am going to wait a couple more weeks before packing my "sewing salon" aka breakfast room. We aren't listing till the 2nd week of August and have a few totes I want to finish making before then.

Jean - are you doing costumes for Wizzard of Oz. I'm curious about the munchkins...are they using little people. We saw a performance at dinner theater and they portrayed the munchkins with people on small rolling stools. Their costumes came down and covered the stools and their feet - it was really well done and quite hysterical....we loved it.

Have a wonderful day everyone

MRoy
July 1st, 2014, 09:11 AM
Good morning! Sawyer's smile and pin-up picture are great ways to start the day with a smile. Our guild started sewing together the rows of our quilt yesterday. It's finally coming together.

Today is a "do whatever" day....no plans at all. I hope everyone has a good one.

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2014, 09:45 AM
Just saw a report on last night's storms through this area - where they noted that Hamilton, MO had experienced a power outage due to the winds and rain. So, let's take a bet on any complaints???? (Yes, I know: MY BAD).

Sis is expected sometime today to do another quilting project. We've discussed whether or not I'll make it to Hamilton tomorrow to work on the Home is Where the Haunt is wall hanging . . . with my machine in the shop I doubt I'll go. Sort of takes the heart out of things when you don't have your creature comforts close at hand.

Bad news yesterday while visiting with my friend Donna. Some of you may remember she went through treatment for bone cancer four years ago . . . she's had problems with pain in her legs and hips which prompted a visit to an orthopedist, numerous tests, referrals to surgeons, etc. Friday she got the news that she has a rare type, very invasive tumor in her lower spine . . . she's trying to be stoic but I know she's scared (as anyone would be). They are referring her, again, to another surgeon who says he's seen this type tumor only once in his practice. Prayers are, of course, needed.

So, knowing that we have no control over where our lives twist and turn, I leave you to make the best of the day you are being dealt.

ravelim
July 1st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Sandy, sorry for you friend. Prayers definitely are offered.

Monique,sounds like you had fun.

Ryan, thank you for posting that pic of that great looking kid. It brings me a lot of happiness.

Blondie, I love the baby! DH has decided I need to move my sewing room. Yeah/but yeah. I am physically unable to do that. He will do it but oh what a mess. He's excited -cause he wants the room I'm currently using- so guess if he wants to do it, ok. The funny thing to me is ,I love this room because it has my grand piano and other instruments in it -I'm a retired music teacher- and now we'll add my sewing stuff. What a great room !

Well, he's back with the dog. Lol.better get ready. Have a great day and hugs to all.

MayinJerset
July 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Sandy, prayers going up for your friend Donna.

Love that cutie Sawyer with his cereal mouth and that well placed cover, I'm the mother of 3 boys so I know full well why it's there.

Had nice lunch with my best quilting friend yesterday. We tried an old place with a new owner and we were very happy with the choice as the place is even nicer than before. . We both enjoyed the pear and gorgonzola salad while sitting overlooking the restaurant's garden and pond. Good time to catch up with family stuff and also discuss some quilting problems. She's hand quilting an old quilt top she bought at a flea market and I needed advice for an easy tutorial about how to properly add borders to quilts. My friend will be down at her Shore place in August and we discussed getting together there with our DH's for lunch or dinner.

Monique, Waiting for photos of your trip and meeting with Wendy and son.

toggpine
July 1st, 2014, 02:16 PM
It's supposed to be a scorcher today. Maybe up to 90! That's darned toasty for us.

Most of the hard part of the new buck barn got done yesterday. All of the external farming and the roof is on. Now we have the siding to put up. I have to say, our son was a big help!

I haven't sewn much in the last few days. Perhaps I'll get to some of that this evening when it cools down.

As for now, I have hooves to trim and more weeds to pull, between holding sheets of metal.
You all have a good day!

JCY
July 1st, 2014, 04:47 PM
A friend is here repairing our swamp cooler. Yeah! It was 102 Sun., & in the 90's yest. It will be soooo good to have cooling again!I'm tired of running out there every 15-20 min. to spray down the pads. He said he wouldn't take any money--only food or hugs. Well, I baked a big loaf of Cranberry Wheat Bread for him this a.m. & I sure will give him a big hug! I hope to get some quilting done this afternoon. JCY

BellasQuilts
July 1st, 2014, 04:51 PM
Good day, all! Ryan, love that baby! What a doll he is. Sandy, prayers going out now.

Just able to pop on for a moment at work. House is coming along, and I am in full withdrawal from sewing. Argh! Drywall is up and now the texturing goes on. DH and I hope to start painting by Friday. Hmmm, how long will it take to paint 4 rooms, hallway and entryway? My back is going to kill me, I know.

Then we rip out the disgusting carpet finally and I get new flooring. No more carpet for me! Whoo hoo! Still trying to find someone who does closet organizers. The previous owner made their own and they are falling apart. It will be a few months I think before we can move back into that side of the house. I won't be able to wait that long to sew. Looking for a spot to at least set up my machine to make a few blocks.

Hugs to all and prayers for all that need them. Remember what Blondie says, :icon_razz: