PDA

View Full Version : Kiddie holiday!

Wwena
July 1st, 2014, 04:25 AM
I've not been around as much of late as I usually am, there's been a lot going on. One of the good things is: I've been sewing! I've been making scrappy log cabin blocks like there's no tomorrow. I've been watching the new season from Orange is the New Black and the quite old Roswell series on Netflix meanwhile - I'm pretty sure I won't be able to look at that quilt and not think of those shows lol.

We are going on a family road trip today, as we just started out summer holidays. DH and I will be off work for six glorious weeks filled with happy and content children, wonderful relaxing and lots of time to pursue our own interests. Right.... :icon_hihi: Anyway, today we are going to the Swedish west coast for a couple of days, to my aunt outside Varberg. On friday we embark to Denmark to go to Legoland (yes, the kids are extatic, almost as much as their mum). It's gonna rain but who cares! We all bought rain ponchos yesterday and are determind to think of rain only in terms of shorter queues for the attractions. After a few days in Denmark we head back to Varberg and then home again via some family and the cottage. We will be home just in time for DH to re-pack before heading to Washington D.C for a Microsoft conference, in the middle of our vacation hmpf. There will hopefully be at least four (4!) fabric parcels waiting for him at the hotel muahaha. When he gets home I will start making my mother's two quilts, with some of the fabric he's bringing!

Anyway. I will have to make do with (sketchy) internet on my iPhone from now on, so you guys take care in my absence and have a good time! And yes, I will be thinking about sewing in Legoland...

Jean Sewing Machine
July 1st, 2014, 07:39 AM
Have a ball! Legoland sounds like so much fun! I asked my grandson to make me one of those sewing machines out of his legos, nothing created so far!

Bubby
July 1st, 2014, 07:54 AM
Wishing you a wonderful family vacation!

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2014, 09:58 AM
Never, ever have I seen Lego sewing machines. Thanks for the share.

Have a wonderful Holiday time - enjoy every second with those kids - they grow so fast.

SallyO'Sews
July 1st, 2014, 10:42 AM
LOVE Lego! We used to be able to take our kids to a Lego factory here in Connecticut. They had some huge displays - of the US Capitol, the White House, and a really cool "bas-relief" ancient Greek scene from the Trojan War.

Those machines are adorable. Do they sell those sets in the US?