PDA

View Full Version : Leaving a fabric trail behind me....

IBake
June 30th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Well, it's that time again. The car looks like we are migrant workers following the crops... With two big dogs, the clothes, fishing lures and enough quilt fabric for 10 projects...not including the kits that need to be done.....it is a looooong trip.

We are headed to Grand Forks, ND to visit my mother/aunt. She is the last of my mother's sisters and she is like my mother now that mom I gone. She is 90 so we make sure that we see her at least coming up and leaving from the cabin.

Hubby wanted to be at the cabin in JUNE-you have to understand that the ice didn't go out of Lake of the Woods until the third week of May. That means the water is still COLD. Not that I think it is every what I would call warm. I just stood and looked at him like he had a fish head growing out of his ears. So here we are. We leave Forks and will get to the cabin. This year we hope that the dog doesn't decide to take the 9.5 ft drop that he did last year. sigh. I never said he was smart....just cute.

I have a list of quilts that I wanted to get done this year...(don't we all). So I decided to see if I could gather up fabric for them without breaking the bank to complete them. Soooo. I have 8 quilts, two stoles for our pastor, and my son's Maynard Ferguson T-shirt quilt,that I want to work on at the cabin....remember that I have nothing else to occupy my time up there. It turns out that I need three yards of a white on white, two yards of a beige. One honey bun, and two yards of pink. I have three kits to do and have the backings for them also. I need batting, but that is it! Not too shabby. So, having packed up the fabric with a large eye roll from hubby, we are on our way.
Stay tuned for the saga...and should you be in the neighborhood......the guest room is open, the food is good, and the view is spectacular....company isn't too bad either.

See you later ladies ..I'm hoping my aunt has lefse for us to eat....

Mom23
June 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Safe travels. We were in Grand Forks, ND in May. We camped right in town next to a Cabela's, although we didn't even notice we were in the middle of town. It's a beautiful area.

If your travels bring you on I70 through Effingham, IL let me know. We have a great little quilt shop I can introduce you to!!

Good luck with your projects. I need to load up and go to our cabin in the woods to get some sewing accomplished. There are times when no distractions are really nice.

sewlucky
June 30th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Safe travels! That sounds like my kind of summer at the cabin!

Terri

MayinJerset
June 30th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a good plan and let us know how many quilts you get done while up there. Have a good time.

fmedwards
June 30th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Safe travels. We were in Grand Forks, ND in May. We camped right in town next to a Cabela's, although we didn't even notice we were in the middle of town. It's a beautiful area.

If your travels bring you on I70 through Effingham, IL let me know. We have a great little quilt shop I can introduce you to!!

Good luck with your projects. I need to load up and go to our cabin in the woods to get some sewing accomplished. There are times when no distractions are really nice.

where in Effingham is a quilt shop?

IBake
July 4th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Mom23- Quilters Eden...A wonderful little quilt shop that is stocked to the rafters. It was started by an AF wife who quilted and saw no quilt store in Forks...Got the shop up and running and hubby got order for the Pentagon. She has a great staff that keeps it going and she comes in and checks up on it. It's a sure stop for me....