PDA

View Full Version : Finished the clutch! third try did it.

WendyI
June 30th, 2014, 01:16 AM
After two failed attempts I managed to get a clutch made. I could definitely improve on it, and certainly my techniques need improving. But considering this was out of my wee head and I don't really sew stuff like this, I'm pretty proud of it! LOL! Still need to get a snap to hold the flap down a bit better...and maybe another jewel or three...not sure yet.

Anyway....whaddaya think?? (don't look too close! LOL! Oh and that's not dirt on the chiffon, it's little plasticy thingies that are attached to the chifon itself. Sadly that stuff is really difficult to get here and I was very limited to selection.)

80671 80672 80673

And last but certainly NOT least...Monique, Liam and I on our way to Greenwood. Her poor friend was exhausted and the day was only starting! LOL! It was so very nice to meet and visit with both of them!!!

Miss Sheri
June 30th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Your clutch turned out darling! But I am mostly envious that you and Monique got a chance to meet and spend some time together. Sure looks like you had fun.

Hulamoon
June 30th, 2014, 01:20 AM
Very pretty and great job! So the chiffon is the little strip? I was wondering what you meant by using it.

WendyI
June 30th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Very pretty and great job! So the chiffon is the little strip? I was wondering what you meant by using it.

yes and no...the chiffon is wrapping the entire outer portion of the clutch...and I just left enough to gather a bit. The gather is not as prominent as I would have liked but I did not buy the chiffon wide enough.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 30th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Wow, very sophisticated clutch you have there! I say stay with one jewel. Then again, it's hard to have too much bling at a wedding.

WendyI
June 30th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Wow, very sophisticated clutch you have there! I say stay with one jewel. Then again, it's hard to have too much bling at a wedding.

Sophisticated? You really did not look close eh? LOL! But thank you!

Ya...I like the single jewel also but I don't like how it's working (or not) to keep it closed...must put some kind of snap. Will get that tomorrow.

maxwellthecat
June 30th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Very sophisticated and so pretty

Madeforyouinma11
June 30th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Great job! It looks really nice and you should definitely be proud of yourself.
It's great that you were able to spend time with Monique! Looks like you were all having a very good day. :)

stationarymom
June 30th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Your clutch turned out great Wendy. The chiffon made a world of difference in how it looks.Would double stick velcro work to hold the clutch closed?

Jean Sewing Machine
June 30th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Turned out just darling! Bravo!

Tina W
June 30th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Love the clutch you did a great job,love the pink.

Iris Girl
June 30th, 2014, 08:12 AM
this came out adorable! I like one jewel, maybe a small piece of velcro to hold it closed.Nice job

WendyI
June 30th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I have a few embellishments to add yet...but need clear thread. I ended up picking up some clear plastic snaps today that worked fine until I ironed them. :icon_rolleyes: This was on the second one that I made tho...here's a pic...took me all day! LOL! oh and btw...piping sucks!! I will NEVER use piping again....EVER!

80763 80764

(Need to resew the wee stone using clear thread.)

and this is the inside...I love that polka dot fabric so used it inside also!

Andrea F
July 1st, 2014, 03:41 AM
Your clutch turned out really pretty, I love the jewel. Maybe you can use some sew on snaps made of metal? Those small ones that are used in baby clothing. I often use magnetic metal snaps for purses that can be sewn on by hand and work fine but they might be too thick to be used for a clutch.

Monique
July 1st, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hey Wendy, you did a marvelous job and I know how hard of a time you were having with it. It looks divine.

Bubby
July 1st, 2014, 08:48 AM
Your clutch turned out so nice! I think you did a fine job on it. That's a wonderful picture of the three of you!!

SallyO'Sews
July 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
YAY for meeting quilty friends!!
The clutch is beautiful - have fun at the wedding!