PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how I pulled this one off....

New York Sue
June 29th, 2014, 10:36 PM
My daughter had a family get together for an 'out of towner' or two. She has the pool, I provide the menu. But everyone contributes...protein, sides, beverages.

(I'm always on sides, because I have always been a great collector of summer salad recipes, and have invented a few of my own....) I made two salads, some jello for the kids, and a salsa verde.

A couple of London broils, chicken and burgers that were brought in, we eked through.

I don't know how...

We were expecting 15 or so, and 25 showed up!
Jayzee! I don't know how we did it, but there was just enough food and a tad leftover...
PHEW! ;)

marytfnp
June 29th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time. and quite delicious

MRoy
June 29th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Whew...Glad it worked out so well. DH was once president of a club that hosted fish frys. We never knew how many would be there and we asked that those attending bring a side dish large enough to feed their family. There were some that always showed up empty handed or with a little bowl of pickles. There were times that those of us who served didn't eat until we were sure there was enough food for everyone else. The pickle people always came back for seconds and they would've complained the loudest if we had run out of food!

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2014, 11:51 PM
I am always amazed at how some people can fill their plates to overflowing . . . hmmmm.

MayinJerset
June 29th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Congrats on a job well done, we knew you could do it.

Blondie
June 30th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Sue, sounds like a great time was had by all. Happens like that here a few times a year as well. Afterwards I am often reminded of the fish and bread being multiplied. lol.