PDA

View Full Version : A Sorcher Today in Colorado! Swamp Cooler is Broken :(

JCY
June 29th, 2014, 10:19 PM
It was 102 today at my house! Yesterday afternoon, the water pump broke in our evaporative cooler. The main fan motor still works, so we can use the unit on vent. I'm having to run outside every few min. & spray down the aspen pads with the hose so we can have some cooling in the house. Because my husb. is in poor health, he no longer is able to do these repair jobs. I have someone coming Tues. p.m. to look at it. It's very frustrating for DH to no longer have the physical strength to do the house maintenance like he used to do. We usually have to hire someone for these fix-it jobs. We have no family in Colo. At 7:20 p.m., it's still 90 deg. outside & 80 deg. inside.
JCY

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I thought our cooler wasn't working right, then I realized it was just that hot outside. Hopefully they can get your pump replaced quickly.

whippetmom
June 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I am hoping you get cooler weather, and your pump gets fixed.

MayinJerset
June 29th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Hope it gets fixes ASAP and not too expensively.

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Blowing cooler winds towards you. It sure hurts when we age and have all the maintenance staring us in the face.

JCY
July 2nd, 2014, 01:01 AM
Thank goodness! Swamp cooler was fixed today. :) At least today wasn't so beastly hot. More 90's are coming yet this week. A retired friend from church offered to come fix it. He used to have a "Honey-Do" business, which he no longer does. But he volunteers to help with various little projects for the older folks for "hugs & food". DH had a spare (new) pump on hand. Our friend had things up & running in <1 hr. I baked him a large loaf of Cranberry Wheat Bread this a.m. & gave him a big hug. Thank God for such wonderful friends! JCY