PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday!!

Blondie
July 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Seasons/beachballsummer.gif

Wanted to pop in with a real quick hello and happy Sunday.

I slept pretty good last night. Probably better than our Sandy who had visions of FMQ dancing in her head. Congrats to you Sandy! What a wonderful way for me to wake up - I truly enjoy reading of others good fortune. Have a blast with it today, sweetie pie!

I think I am going to do nothing today. I wish I could take a vacation. I may just go buy a few bags of sand, a kiddie wading pool, grab a beach ball, set it all up in my backyard and pretend I am at the beach.

Blessings to ALL!

Lisaau
July 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
ROFL !!! @ Blondie

toggpine
July 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Oh Blondie! Skip the bags of sand & just get some pecan sandies cookies. Soooo much easier to clean up! They are pretty tasty while soaking your tootsies in the wading pool.

I want a "Do Nuthin' Day" too! That may come tomorrow. I don't have anywhere to be, nobody is coming over, and my dear husband is going back to work. Just me & Em. Maybe I'll even get some progress made on the diaper bag I need to finish for the baby shower this weekend.

Since today is not a DND, I need to get to it. Chores, make potato salad, bake & frost cupcakes, and take a swipe at the house before we have company. They are family, but we all know how Mom's are, and mine is getting a little less diplomatic with her comments as she ages. Why do we have to get old? Can't we just go good and strong right up until our time and then switch off like a light? I guess that would put a large portion of the medical field out of work though. Well, better get to it or the cuppies will be too warm to frost!
Have a great day! Cathy

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Ah, Blondie - thanks for your sweetness. I must share though that YOU have truly made my day. For some reason I clicked on your blog link this morning and was commenting to Al that I really liked the music he was playing . . . little knowing that it was coming from my computer and was your background music - Brothers Iz. We loved it. So, I left it playing (I usually turn off my speakers when I'm playing on the computer). And, lo and behold . . . immediately after it finished one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS began to play. Jackson Browne's "Stay". I have to share that I had a VW bug with an 8-track and I wore Jackson Browne's 8 track out NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE, BUT THRICE! And I have worn out a couple cassette tapes. I have it on CD but don't play it enough. This is a fantastic, uplifting piece that I absolutely love. My next best favorite is definitely Edie Brickell's "Good Times" . . . bad times, give me some of that . . . And, as I type this I'm listening to your playlist and realize that YOU and I share all the same tastes in music. Al was so intrigued that I had to go check out where you got your widget so he can set one up on his blog!!!! Happy Day.

Okay, to clarify a few things - I don't get to play with the long-arm today. They only had the 3 foot frame in the store (because of space limitations) so had to order the other frames. I elected to wait until it was all together before picking it up. Also, Sis and I will need to fight it out to see where the new baby will reside. We live about 20 miles apart so that isn't a problem - I do have more room than she has, but I also don't sew as quickly as she does. I've made four quilts this year and she's finished oh, I don't know how many. She worked as a professional seamstress for years while I was playing around in the hospitals so her sewing techniques are more up to standard than mine. Plus, she's younger than I am and maybe has more gray matter to play with. We'll see. Originally when we were talking about a quilting machine I made the comment that I would split the cost, she could keep the unit and all I asked was that she would quilt all my quilts for me. I'll see if she wants to hold onto that promise or not. Either way, I'm floating today. (And no, Lisa, that isn't because my bladder is full!!!!)

I am torn today whether I want to take advantage of having no children in the house and catching up on the laundry (which I could do if DGDs were here) or whether I want to sew . . . what a dilemma. Think maybe I will have to SEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiltingtrish
July 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hello and Happy Sunday everyone!
Off to Dad's today - but am getting my flowers appliqued on in the meantime. I love the handwork part of it. Along with leaves and the stems. It has turned out really cute and I'll post when finished. Don't have a clue how to actually do the quilting part - the design, that is. Think I will take it to the Guild meeting on Tuesday night and get some ideas. They just announced that if you have any unfinished projects, they will give some ideas on designs. Perfect timing!
It's sunny out there and hope it doesn't get too hot cause I'm sure there is outside work to catch up on.
Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,

patticakes
July 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Happy Sunday!
Got things all settled with housekeeping and preliminary cooking. BF's family was coming over but they elected to swim at a friend's house first and all come over later! This makes for some sewing time for me! Yahooooo!! I have 11 blocks to finish on the full size Surfer Girl top.
I also have to make a baby quilt in the next week and a half and can't even think of a pattern. Here are the 6 fabrics I have to work with. Any ideas so something quick and easy? Thanks for your ideas!

Bubby
July 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Hi Miss Blondie.....I was just snooping around the Gallery section of the site and saw the page with your 2011 projects. I wish I could say I've done half of what you've done this year. You really capture a folk art feeling in all your work. I think your pieces are terrific and so unique. Keep up creating from your heart.

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I also have to make a baby quilt in the next week and a half and can't even think of a pattern. Here are the 6 fabrics I have to work with. Any ideas so something quick and easy? Thanks for your ideas!

Patti, I was looking at the gallery a bit ago and saw a small quilt that Natalie had posted that would be perfect. I believe it is on page 120 - near the right-hand side. Let me know if you don't find it. It has several large rectangles with an opposing fabric also a rectangle, turned 90 degrees. Hope that makes sense.

debinmalaga
July 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Patti, those fabrics are adorable! What about a simple 4 patch with borders? I love the little birds and would use them prominently. Too cute!

Happy Sunday!
Got things all settled with housekeeping and preliminary cooking. BF's family was coming over but they elected to swim at a friend's house first and all come over later! This makes for some sewing time for me! Yahooooo!! I have 11 blocks to finish on the full size Surfer Girl top.

patticakes
July 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks Sandy - I will check it out! I started looking on here but quickly got off task!
Thank you too, Deb. I was thinking something simple with blocks in the center and finish it off with several borders. Gosh, I better settle on something soon!