PDA

View Full Version : Last Sunday in June...

MayinJerset
June 29th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Taking on little note from our usual early morning greeter Blondie and welcoming the day with a Smile.

Yesterday I was at home all day, first sewing and then moving big heavy planters onto the back deck and filling them with annuals. What a mess I made on the deck and myself. DH spent time clearing up boards and old stuff stored since last Winter behind our backyard shed. So today we're taking a day off from house stuff and going shopping for a new deck covering as our roll down awning is beginning to fall apart. Hope we find something, either one of these metal thingies with canvas tops or a solid add onto our roof. Better hurry before all the summer stuff is sold out, after all July begins in a few days and shops need the space for Back to School Stuff. Kids in our town just finished school on Wednesday and local shops already have big sections of school supplies on display.

Hope everyone has something fun to do today.

ravelim
June 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I'm going to straighten my sewing room. And then sew! Yeah!

Daughter moved on Tuesday - at least most of the stuff DGD got it out - now they just have get last little stuff. They have been doing Les Miserable at the community theatre the last 2 weeks. Today they will be done. The Tuesday,DGD will be off to Florida to spend a month with her dad. (I don't want you guys to think my DD is a slur or anything. She just made two very bad choices for partners. The 2nd husband got broken when in Iraq. Just can't seem to find his own personality since coming back.)

Well better get to it. Hugs to everyone.

Mpyles
June 29th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I'm gonna work on my garage...it sorely needs a dejunking! Then I hope to spend the rest of the day sewing!

Have a great day!!

Bubby
June 29th, 2014, 11:58 AM
It's storming here today with scattered downpours and lots of thunder. Thunder bothers Dottie because she can't see it.

Today is Jeff's first day off in ages. We worked at the apartments all day yesterday and got home in the late afternoon. Thank goodness we bought KFC and I didn't have to cook when we got home.

I would love to tear into my sewing room, especially the closet. Actually, I would love to take everything out of the room and organize and clean everything. My ambition doesn't equal my energy level, so things will remain pretty much the same. At least I can still find everything I look for.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

toggpine
June 29th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Good Morning! It's about 8 AM and it's looking a bit overcast.
I spent part of the weekend running a milk test for a dairy about three hours away. It was nice to visit with the owners and on my way home I hit 5 quilt shops. One of which is new. I could have done some real damage, but I tried to keep it in check. I did find some pillow case fabrics for Ruby's Elf project on sale. Little boy types ones too!
I did bring home two new patterns. One for a bag and the other for a sewing kit that looks like an apple or an orange. Too cute!

I came home to find that the family had made the run to the lumber store and had dug the holes for the beams for the new buck barn. They were just setting the last pole when I pulled in. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have that built! (Hubby took this week off for vacation.)

I had better get the kitchen tidied up. 24 hours without Mom home allows that area to slide towards chaos. I also think the coffee pot is in there somewhere, and that will be essential for getting the morning off to a good start.
I may try to sneak in a few seams while Hubby is off at the gun show this AM!

Have a great day and be the reason someone smiles today!
Cathy

whippetmom
June 29th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Quiet day here, waiting for the sun to come out so that we can mow our lawn. Little rain makes it grow like crazy and makes catching it almost impossible. I am going to try out and play with the embroidery part of my machine again, so much to remember but what the heck I have to try to remember. Cathy you should have wonderful weather this week, going to be in the upper 80's and low 90's first part of the week.

Carol336
June 29th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Good morning, well good afternoon, everyone.

Beautiful day here in my neck of MD today...but alas I'll be indoors. Back to the decluttering, depersonalizing and packing. Stopped at Office Depot on the way home from church and picked up some packing tape, cushion wrap and bubble wrap. I have get out and get some boxes...not sure whether to buy them or get them from the grocery. The ones at OD were a bit expensive, so I really do need to look for some alternatives. Are we having fun yet????

Hoping to get a little sewing in this week. I want to made a nice tote to put a prayer shawl in (made by the ladies guild at our chruch) for my dear niece who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer. The shawl was made for my dear sister, Nanny, when she was so ill. Her children thought I would like to have it when she passed and I really do treasure it. But Nanny was god mother to my niece so I'm thinking she would really be thrilled to have it right now.

Happy Sunday everyone

Claire Hallman
June 29th, 2014, 05:40 PM
If you need sturdy boxes, the liquor store is a great place to get them.

toggpine
June 29th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Quiet day here, waiting for the sun to come out so that we can mow our lawn. Little rain makes it grow like crazy and makes catching it almost impossible. I am going to try out and play with the embroidery part of my machine again, so much to remember but what the heck I have to try to remember. Cathy you should have wonderful weather this week, going to be in the upper 80's and low 90's first part of the week.

We are hoping so. You all seem to be dryer than we are. It's contemplating dumping rain at the moment, a lovely shower is being sprinkled now.
The other bit that goes with that is it's nearly hay season. I'm going to need to shift the hay around in the barn so we can load in 2014 hay.

Carol336
June 29th, 2014, 07:41 PM
DUH - should have thought of that myself since our youngest DS works in a liquor store. Thanks Calire

[/U]
If you need sturdy boxes, the liquor store is a great place to get them.