PDA

View Full Version : Hanging my head . . . MY BAD!!!

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I finally got home from my 'surprise' sewing program around 5:30 p.m. I have to say that I am so pleased that I went and didn't wimp out. We sure had a lot of fun. I knew about half the women attending the program and the presenter was a HOOT and a half. She works for Husqvarna and did demos on several of the specialty attachments and accessories for the machines. Then she showed us all the final pieces she'd made using those feet. We picked up a lot of fantastic and creative ideas - I'm one who was truly inspired. We laughed, learned, looked, and laughed some more. It truly was a great day.

I bought a Majestic Hoop for my Designer Diamond (that's an embroidery hoop that is about 14 inches square) so I could make my own quilt designs and could do in-the-hoop quilting. I also bought another 1/4 inch foot, a piping foot, and ordered their ruffler. I was ready to walk out of the store when I realized that they were going to be selling their floor model long-arm quilting machine . . . and they had lowered the price PLUS attendees for the program were given a 20% discount on their purchases. I called my Li'l Sister, asked if she wanted to go halfies, and she said YES. So - I bought it!!!! It comes with the computerized controls (very similar to Q-Bot), three separate frames - 3 foot, 5 foot, and 10 foot, the quilting design software and a whole lot of other goodies. By the time we were finished I think I saved close to 40%.

I got home and realized that I probably should have returned the Majestic Hoop since I'll have the quilting machine . . . but I need to sleep on that one. I also picked up a book on FMQ and a magazine that has an article about FMQ. I really need to get off this and onto the sewing machine!!!!

SummerK
July 9th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Oh wow, I want to come over and with it! That is an awesome deal...I'll try my best not to covet.

Mimis-quilts
July 9th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Wowser! And we all thought we got some great deals at Joann's last week! Can I come over and play????

tamsterg7
July 10th, 2011, 12:08 AM
WOW - great deal - and I am sooooooooooooooo jealous!

mrswindy4
July 10th, 2011, 12:31 AM
And here I was all excited about finding June Tailor rulers on clearance at WalMart tonight.

What a great buy, Sandy!! Can I come over and play? ;)

bakermom
July 10th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wow! aren't you glad you went! thats fantastic! you'll have so much fun.

toggpine
July 10th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Now those quilts for the grands will go so much faster! Congrats on the new long-arm baby!

wendyw1
July 10th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Congratulations, can't wait to see what you produce with your purchase... well done

patticakes
July 10th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Wow now this was certainly a surprising little venture!! You and your sis are going to really have fun now!

Susan M
July 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Holy cow! What a great day you had. Seems like l'm never in the right place at the right time. Here is one of my favorite sites for FMQ designs.

http://www.daystyledesigns.com/365fillerdesignmain.htm

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Susan - Thanks so much for this link. I woke up this morning thinking about my Majestic Hoop and decided I am going to keep it. There will definitely be times when I want to do something small and it sure will be easier than waiting for Sis to finish a project or even me to do something larger. I am going to practice, practice, practice.

The neat thing about the software that goes with the long arm is that I can design theme stitching to correspond with the theme of the quilt top! I can hardly wait until it is delivered and set up. Think we will keep it at Sis's house - but will see. I do have more room than she does.

Bubby
July 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Sandy...What a lucky girl you are! I wish we could all walk into a good deal like that! You will have tons of fun getting acquainted with your new baby........ENJOY!!! Barb

quiltingtrish
July 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Did I miss it? What kind of frame is it? What kind of sewing machine are you using on it? Us gals have got to know!
Lucky you -- can't wait to see your new creations.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Did I miss it? What kind of frame is it? What kind of sewing machine are you using on it? Us gals have got to know!
Lucky you -- can't wait to see your new creations.

Hugs,

It is the Husqvarna 6533Mega Quilter 18 x 8

Automatic Stitch Regulator
Achieve uniform stitch results throughout, even as you change quilting speed or direction. Your Husqvarna Viking® Mega Quilter 18x8™ ensures uniform quality from the very first stitch to the last.

Auto Needle Position
You decide when the machine stops in the needle up or needle down position. Minimize bent or broken
needles; maximize free movement of the machine.

Large Bobbin Capacity
Quilt longer between bobbin changes with the extra large capacity bobbin. Includes built-in bobbin winder.

18 Inch Arm
Quilt even the bulkiest projects with room to spare! With an 18-inch wide space between the needle and arm of the machine, and 8 inches of height, the Husqvarna Viking® Mega Quilter 18x8™ easily handles large or bulky projects. It lets you stitch larger quilt patterns without having to roll fabric as often, too.

Quilting Foot
You’re in control of this versatile quilting foot, which holds the fabric in place while the needle completes the stitch. Adjust it up or down to
accommodate the thickest batting or fabric, and use it right next to rulers and templates for total stitch accuracy.

Ergonomic Handles
Adjustable, ergonomic handles move up and down for maximum comfort while quilting. Rubber handle grips feel great.
Converting the Mid Arm to the Long Arm on the Imperial Frame with QBOT reference Guide »» Set Up Help for the Mega Quilter 18 x 8, ImperialFrame by Inspira and the QBOT by Inspira. »»

sewmuchjan
July 10th, 2011, 04:09 PM
OH MY!!! LUCKY DUCKY!!!!
Sending quilt tops to Sandy's!!!!!!!! :) :)

Loonwatcher
July 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Wow Sandy! Good for you. Enjoy it!

debinmalaga
July 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Sandy, I'm so thrilled for you!

quiltingtrish
July 11th, 2011, 01:11 AM
That's awesome Sandy! Again, can't wait to see your completed quilts.

Hugs,

teri lynne
July 11th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Enjoy your new toy. I'm jealous.

JVO
July 11th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Way to go Sandy, wish I could find a deal on a LA.

Bubby
July 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Talk about all the bells and whistles!!!! You go, Girl!!!! Barb

LanaMonteith
July 11th, 2011, 07:35 PM
now all we need is the address to send all of our projects that need quilted!!!! I'm sure you'll get a lot of use and have great fun with that Sandy, I'm happy for you!!!!!

mamaquilt
July 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Congratulations on your deal - Sandy!!!
Will you do also some overseas - quilting?? If so I'll hurry up finishing some of my projects.
I'm just jealous. I have 2 sisters, but not quilting ones so I guess I'll never have a machine like that.

SuzyQue
July 13th, 2011, 10:46 PM
WOW! Sandy! I am so jealous, but will try to control it. It is about 100 times better than my "new" inherited QM. I can't wait to see what you can produce now! I want to come and play, too! Perhaps you can teach me how to use mine, now! Wow! oh, wow! Computerized patterns....how great is that! You need to get well and get busy!!