PDA

View Full Version : Hey, It's Saturday.

MayinJerset
June 28th, 2014, 10:27 AM
so let's get the weekend going. 80515

sally
June 28th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Good morning...so far it is a nice sunny day here...not holding out though as it is the weekend and work m-f. Just got back from working out of town for a week even missed my DH and I's anniversary. A mile stone is next year and we will make that more of a celebration.
I am so excited! I have a newly renovated sewing room! New floor...yeah no more carpet...everything organized for now...lol and I am getting anew cutting table! Can't wait to get back to my ufos...going thru Quilting withdrawals.
Well here's wishing everyone a great weekend. Glad to be back!

buckeyequilter
June 28th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Good morning....

I decided to bring a sewing machine in the house and work at the dining room table today. I don't want to turn on the air conditioners in the buildings (last month's electric bill was double) and since the house is already cool, might as well take advantage of it.

I started a new quilt top. I am saving these up for fall when I will go out to my quilting room and quilt them all up. If there is one I need to finish up I will go ahead with it, but most are waiting. I might be giving out some quilts for Christmas this year.

Well going to get back to my sewing. Have a wonderful day!!

Hulamoon
June 28th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Happy anniversary Sally!

It's only 4: 30 right now but I'm thinking of starting my flash friday project. Just something simple, a double four square with sea turtles. And I really need to do the dishes!

JCY
June 28th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Good Morning! I'm baking bread this a.m. before the house heats up. It's supposed to 90 today. DH is allergic to wheat, so I bake spelt bread for him. I use my bread maker on the dough cycle, then knead it, let it rise in the pan, & bake it in the oven. I prefer the finished product better with this method. I want to get to the LQS yet today, as they are having 20% off yardage, & FQs are only $2.00. Sale ends the 30th, but they are closed Sun. & Mon., so it's gotta be today. Not sure if I'll get any sewing done today or not. Have a good wk.-end! JCY

Carol336
June 28th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Good afternoon.

Happy anniversary Sally....what milestone is next year's anniversary - just curious.

Up early and hit the farmers market at 8am.....laid in lots of yummy veggies for the week. Got home and flew into decluttering and unpersonalizing the family room as the realtor suggested. Removed a ton of wall hangings, pics of the gkids and family and of course some junque!!! Can I just say this place looks necked!!!! But we're told that the buyers will need to be able to visualize their stuff in place and they can't do that with all our stuff sitting around. And I gotta tell ya...I kinda like it.

And I guess I'm gonna have to turn my "sewing salon" back into a breakfast room soon. Which means no sewing until get into our new place.....whenever and wherever that will be. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just a little too long in the tooth for all this upheaval - LOL

Now gonna put my feet up for a few mins before my little granddaughter gets here for a visit.....looking forward to that...she's such a sweetie.

sally
July 2nd, 2014, 01:32 AM
Hey Carol..it is number 10. Married later in life so it is a big one for us!