PDA

View Full Version : Block #3 ... fantastic addition of fabric requirements chart - now, can we fix #1 & #2??

slchavez
June 28th, 2014, 01:39 AM
First of all, I am loving MSQC Block magazine. :D I just received #3 and was delighted with the addition of charts in the project recap towards the back that give fabric requirements for different size quilts (table runner, baby ... king). I went back and looked at #1 and #2 and they didn't have these nifty charts. Is there ANY way the MSQC can retroactively provide those charts for the fabulous projects in #1 and #2? Even if it were a pdf file that could be printed and inserted into the magazine. Pleeeeez and thank you! ;)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 28th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Remember when Al asked for sugestions for ways to improve the magazine? Well, I, for one, asked for sizing charts to be added! So glad these have been added to the third book. Perhaps they will develop an addendum to the first two books to give this information.

Midge
June 28th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I too was very happy to see the yardage/precut charts in the back of the new edition of Block. Yes, this change is very convenient and helpful. Thanks M* for being so open to feedback. Love this magazine.

Terry L
June 29th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Ditto ,love the chart. I love everything about BLOCK !!!!

shermur
July 24th, 2014, 08:11 AM
I started the Houndstooth project and I'm having trouble getting the striped block to match up with the pre-cut charm piece. I know Jenny stated that since the stripe piece is bias cut, it can be stretched to match. It is a good 1/8 of an inch...do you think it would be better to just trim the charm piece?

tiffanym
July 24th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I started the Houndstooth project and I'm having trouble getting the striped block to match up with the pre-cut charm piece. I know Jenny stated that since the stripe piece is bias cut, it can be stretched to match. It is a good 1/8 of an inch...do you think it would be better to just trim the charm piece?

If you trim your charm piece, all would have to be trimmed to match.
more cutting intimidates me, so...personally i'd take the 1/8 and stretch it. LOL
BUTthis is your quilt. :) Definitely share with us when you're done.

MicheleKoltermann
July 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I have been looking for the Summer Wishes Tutorial from Block Magazine #3 aneone know where it is?

Vonnie
July 24th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Is this it? http://land.missouriquiltco.com/summer-wishes/

Found this info thanks to Debbie/FamilyJournals
If you look at her profile she has lots of links to tutorials: View Profile: Familyjournals - The Quilting Forum - Missouri Star's Quilt Community (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/members/familyjournals.html)