PDA

View Full Version : Everything is just "peach"y

Leah53
June 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Finally got my yearly fix of fresh South Carolina peaches today, yes, they're rather tasty. The price has skyrocketed this year even though there's a bumper crop, $28 a basket. Sunday is the day we make my mother in laws famous peach delight.

songbird857
June 27th, 2014, 10:24 PM
mmmmmmmmmm.... love peaches in season..

KnitWitRosie
June 27th, 2014, 11:36 PM
:icon_drool: YUUUUMMMMYYY!!!!! Wish we could get fresh peaches up here in Ohio. Not so much :(

Terry L
June 27th, 2014, 11:50 PM
$28.00 dollars a basket :( wouldn't you know a late freeze killed my peach blossoms this year. Leah you wouldn't want to share the recipe?? :)

Midge
June 28th, 2014, 12:10 AM
:icon_drool: YUUUUMMMMYYY!!!!! Wish we could get fresh peaches up here in Ohio. Not so much :(

Don't know about down by you, but up this way Lake and Geauga County have some wonderful orchards. They are where I get my canning fruits. It will be interesting to see if our terribly hard winter damaged the apple, peach and pear orchards. I know some of the vineyards were a total loss. :(

Hulamoon
June 28th, 2014, 12:48 AM
How pretty and yummy! My dad had an apricot tree. By the time you can buy them here they are all mushy

Leah53
June 28th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Recipe for Peach Delight has been posted. My mother in law made this the best I've ever tasted, she used to save me a piece if she knew we were going to visit but if she only had one piece left she would always give to me instead of DH, used to make him envious. LOL

maxwellthecat
June 28th, 2014, 07:13 PM
They look yummy, enjoy them.