PDA

View Full Version : God's Sence of Humor

auntiemern
June 25th, 2014, 01:10 AM
As you all have read, I am having a heck of a time with my lupus. Well today after picking up the GK's I had to run to the store. I had left my windows down a little. I also had to return something to the auto parts store for DH. I reached across the drivers seat and put the bag there, and put my drink in the cup holder. I sat down and screamed. I had sat on a bumblebee. I didn't know I could move that fast. I'm screaming, trying to get back in the house while pulling down my pants. I finally get in (DH did not hear me screaming).So when I get in pulling down my pants ( I didn't care who saw what) he is looking at me like I have lost my mind. I am screaming what happened and for him to see if the stinger is in there. No stinger,so ge goes to look in the van and finds the culprit still alive,but not happy. My butt is in agony and the spot is getting bigger and redder by the minute. A blast of dermaplast to try to numb it barely took the edge off. So here I am 8 hrs later with a big red spot the size of a softball on my bottom that is still hurting. The bright side it hurts so bad, I have barely thought about my blisters or tears.

Mpyles
June 25th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Aww Marilyn! When it rains it pours sometimes. Prayers for peace and resolution for you!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 25th, 2014, 01:17 AM
Owie. Hope it calms down soon.

sewlucky
June 25th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Ouch! This story belongs in the I Love Lucy thread because I did have to laugh ;)

I hope tomorrow your butt is feeling better and the swelling is gone!

Terri

Genny
June 25th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Oh Marilyn...if it wasn't for all you're going thru...this would make me giggle...but I feel too bad for you so all I can say is...hope your butt feels better tomorrow...(and the rest of you feels better too)...Genny

K. McEuen
June 25th, 2014, 01:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY84MRnxVzo

Kgrammiecaz
June 25th, 2014, 01:48 AM

OMG lmao.

Marilyn. All I can say is ouch. I dont even know what makes that feel better. Thats just too much going on at one time. You need to giggle your way thru it.

stationarymom
June 25th, 2014, 02:22 AM
I hope everything heals soon. I did giggle with the image of you in a common space with your husband looking,that would be when someone would walk in on me for sure.Maybe you should talk to the Dr. about a allergy test for bees,hornets,wasps.etc... just to make sure you don't have an allergy. They can develop at any time.

auntiemern
June 25th, 2014, 03:04 AM
LOL...this is why I love you so much. In the face of all this stuff that is going on you made me laugh til I cried. The entire thing is just so darned funny, I had to laugh. After I stopped screaming the kids didn't know whether to laugh or hide. I was teasing Kenz and asking her if she wanted to kiss Granny's boo boo, she is hiding her eyes yelling no, no and telling me to go away. Hey if I couldn't laugh at all of this I would go crazy, and right now it would be a short trip. Thanks for the laugh, cuz yeah my one cheek is considerably bigger than the other right now.

Lissau
June 25th, 2014, 03:55 AM
aawwww (((((((((Marilyn ))))))))))

Suzette
June 25th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Ouch. :(

Now that video . . . :D

EmmaB
June 25th, 2014, 08:15 AM
OUCH! Hope the swelling goes down soon. Bee stings are no fun. First they hurt like crazy and then they itch!!

MayinJerset
June 25th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Ouch!!!!! This won't ease your pain but maybe will give you a little smile,

What is Celibacy? Celibacy can be a choice in life or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Frank and his wife Ann, listened to the instructor declare, “It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other.”;

He then addressed the men. “Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?”;

Frank leaned over, touched Ann’s arm gently and whispered, “Gold Medal-All-Purpose, Isn't it?”;

And thus began Frank's life of celibacy!

Marebear
June 25th, 2014, 11:27 AM
You poor dear!! (It is a funny story though LOL)
I hope the swelling goes away soon!

MRoy
June 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Marilyn, so sorry about the sting, but maybe laughing your butt off will make it feel better.

Miss Sheri
June 25th, 2014, 12:34 PM
:icon_tape:I am making strange noises over here, ...moaning in sympathy, and laughing so hard I think I snorted...all at the same time. This won't help you now, with the time that has passed, but my go to method of dealing with bee stings is to slap some fresh mud on it! Really! It sucks the venum right out of it as the mud starts to dry. A paste of baking soda and cold water will do the same thing, but a nice clay based mud is faster. Sorry it won't help you now though. Try to be 'kind to your behind'. :D

Divine Daisy
June 25th, 2014, 01:52 PM
ouch! I sympathise.

I was in the garden of the Palace of Versailles in the early 80s and was wearing the wide leg jeans that were all the rage. A bee flew up one of those wide legs and stung me right on ..........the.........er............ 'mary'.

Wow did I scream and run! Ran straight for the loo pulling my pants down on the way, filled the wash basin with cold water and sat in it with my jeans and pants round my ankles, my legs swinging, still yelling.

All these women............mostly French and chic were looking at me agast while I tried to explain in bad French what had happened. One by one the women left muttering about the British.

Oh well

starlover
June 25th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Oh bless your heart! I can sympathize, but when it happened to me the bee was kind enough to sting behind my knee. No pulling down of pants necessary haha! It's quite a shock to be in sudden pain when all you're expecting is to sit down and drive.

FabStripper
June 25th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Ouch. I am so sorry this happend. Bee stings can be awfuly painful. Have you ever heard of sticking a penny on a bee sting? It works for me.

Sorry I am back now. I had to stop laughing at the idea of you running in with your pants down and screaming, trying to get your husband to tape a penny to your behind. Maybe it is a good thing you didn't know that trick, or he maybe would think you really lost your marbles.:lol: I'm still laughing. :lol: still laughing at that.

ozziepuppy
June 25th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Oh Dear! This is quite the thread! You learn about SO much more than quilting here! Hope you can put this "behind" you soon! One thing--you might want a doctor to check and make SURE there is no stinger in there. Sometimes they are really difficult to see. Glad you ran away from that bee and didn't just "turn the other cheek"!

SallyO'Sews
June 25th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Oh, Marilyn, after reading this, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!! You poor baby - hope you're better from "top to bottom" soon!
(Sorry; couldn't resist! :D)

auntiemern
June 26th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Thank you all for your warm wishes and concern. It really was funny thinking about it after it was all over with. I am not a screamer, and live with pain daily....but that was a very sharp PITA. Finally the redness is gone, along with most of the swelling. That is one pic you do NOT want to see, lol.