PDA

View Full Version : Is this you?

Wrenmuzz
June 24th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I am watching the craft channel and this hour is by Jane Greenhoff and her marvellous cross stitch. She has just been talking about how much 'stuff' she has, she described it as S.A.B.L.E. which is Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. I suspect this applies to a large percentage of forum members.

Carol336
June 24th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Love it.....I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on it!!!!

Trish04
June 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Love it! I do have more than I will ever use lol

Jean Sewing Machine
June 24th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Oh yes! I definitely have a S.A.B.L.E. basement!

DeniseSm
June 24th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I am watching the craft channel and this hour is by Jane Greenhoff and her marvellous cross stitch. She has just been talking about how much 'stuff' she has, she described it as S.A.B.L.E. which is Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. I suspect this applies to a large percentage of forum members.

SABLE and proud of it. My fabric is non-fattening, good for my health, and I am supporting the economy. Yeah!

marytfnp
June 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
when my mom passed I was overwhelmed at her stash. Then I saw a magnet she had that said "she who dies with the most fabric wins". We are convinced mom beat Joann

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Oh, Yes I'm SABLE but I really am trying to use up some of the fabrics I have instead of buying new fabrics. Doing a color challenge quilt this week and I'm going to get just the right shades of my challenge color for sure.

buckeyequilter
June 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I may not be S.A.B.L.E. quite yet but I'm getting there. I had out my "scrappy" quilting books yesterday and was looking on line for scrap quilt patterns. I want to get some of this fabric used up.

GrammaBabs
June 24th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Ahem...SABLE and probably not going to make it!!! LOL I'm stitching as fast as I can,,,really!!!
My DS is a fabulous yard saler and does my heart good knowing that their are always others out there that really NEED to find the bargains to help sustain them in life.. and she has met some wonderful people that have given her fabulous "deals" to help her get thru... So I know that my children will see that my "stash" is put to good use when I'm "not here".. (but i'll be watching them, and they know it).... They know their Moms' Yarn, Fabrics, Machines and Needles are her "Lifelines".... :)

Monique
June 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Hi I have SABLE and there is no known cure. (Hangs her head in shame)

QuiltingRN
June 24th, 2014, 09:58 AM
SABLE, definately! I keep adding to it also, I can't stop! Gives me lots to choose from.....

wlrquilts
June 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I have a SABLE two or three times over :)

SandyWhite
June 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I'm beyond SABLE and the SABLE of my offspring.

Marebear
June 24th, 2014, 10:44 AM
*raising my hand* that would be me LOL

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 24th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Not yet. But I'm only in my forties. I'd need really a lot to have a SABLE. I'll work on it:)

Fabriclovr
June 24th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Umm, yup, that would be me too!

Wrenmuzz
June 24th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Hi I have SABLE and there is no known cure. (Hangs her head in shame)

I have SABLE but hold my head high! I am trying to give up smoking and keep telling the dearly beloved that I am still saving money by spending on fabric what I used to spend on cigarettes