PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday: A great way to spend one seventh of your life

HandsomeRyan
June 24th, 2014, 07:28 AM
I know Blondie said she'd be busy this week so she may not be here to start the daily check-in thread.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0219_zpsztzhez39.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0219_zpsztzhez39.jpg.html)

Wiggles slept better last night than he has in a while. We let him cry in his crib for about 10 minutes before we went in to give him his pacifier when he woke up about 10:30 and it seems to have helped.

Did you ever agree to help someone with something only to find out that the person didn't want help, they wanted you to do it for them? Another researcher from a different university asked for "help" with a plant tissue culture project. I am pretty familiar with the stuff they want to learn so I agreed to send them protocols (lists of instructions) and answer any questions they had. Next thing I know, they expect that I will provide all the plant materials, all the chemicals, and walk them through every single step of the process. Keep in mind this is not a high school student, this is a lady with a PhD in biology. What they want is less "borrowing a cup of sugar from the neighbor to finish a recipe" and more "setting up a catering company using the neighbors kitchen". Frustrating.

I hope everyone is having a great day! Blondie would want you all to smile!

Carol336
June 24th, 2014, 07:42 AM
What a wonderful way to start the day - that baby's smile is fantastic....we'll all be smiling today for sure. Glad to hear the little guy is sleeping better - and longer!!!

Oh my Ryan...hope you can "wiggle" your way out of all that help!!!!

Not a whole lot on the agenda today....waiting for a delivery from home depot, new front door - so kinda of stuck in the house - between 9 and 3.....guess I'll just have to sew!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Trish04
June 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Aww this picture made my day! Have a great day

Jean Sewing Machine
June 24th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Good morning! Love that little Sawyer's smile! He is just precious!

I was working late on sewing projects. This is always a mistake for me if I intend to get a good night's sleep. Guess the adrenaline kicks in, and once that happens, my eyes won't shut no matter how tired I am. I'm trying something different on my quilt frame, I'm making fabric for my costumes by appliquing bright colored fabric pieces on a plain fabric by quilting across the pieces. It's an experiment, hope it works! I got it started last night, now I want to get back to it so I can use the fabric to make the costumes!

My brother and I are attending our local opera tonight to see Mozart's Maguc Flute. This is my birthday gift to him, he will turn 65 next Monday. Gee my baby brother is now an official senior citizen! Wow!

Have a good day!

aliaslaceygreen
June 24th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Good morning, Wiggles! So adorable!
Ryan, I hope you told her your oven is broken but you'd be more than happy to come over and maybe set the table.... lol
It was a good analogy.... people do sometimes make you crazy, don't they??

A sunny Tuesday here with a noted LACK of humidity!!! I can conquer ANYTHING today!!!
Have a great one, all!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) ))))))

Mpyles
June 24th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Good morning! Nice to wake up to such a beautiful smile!!

Not much here today either....work work work!

Everyone have a great day!!

Suzette
June 24th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Well, Sawyers big smile has started my day off great! :icon_bigsmile:

I'm off to work in a bit (I love my job, so I am always happy to head there!). I work at a barn where we do play groups, parties, and camps (at various times) with kids who range in age from 4 - 11. It's a lot of hard work, but so rewarding and so much fun to work with kids and animals! We have horses of course, along with donkeys, goats, pigs, chickens, turkeys and a rabbit. Soon I hope we can add a few sheep to the menagerie and even a miniature cow. :icon_bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a lovely day full of smiles and lots of quilty time! :icon_bigsmile:

Mary Ruth
June 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Mr. Wiggles is loaded with personality. That smile IS a wonderful way to start the day!

The nerve of some people! I'd tell her that she misunderstood my agreement and only provide protocol. If she gets huffy let her stew in her own juices. This reminds me of the "Little Red Hen" story. No one would help the little red hen gather the ingredients or bake the bread. When the bread was baked everyone wanted a piece of it. The little red hen smiled and announced that she - and she alone - would eat the bread.

GrammaBabs
June 24th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Jean,, I wondered how long it would take for you to find that "other purpose" for your quilt frame... I am just now getting braver with the designs and almost ready for a panto, I did a "box style stipple" last week for my grandoggies quilt and it's "not bad".. as for doing things out of the box.. I threw a piece onto the frame and stitches an applique cutout flower in stipple style and it was so much fun... Look out world.. I see some awesome things coming our way from JSM!!!:)
Good morning! Love that little Sawyer's smile! He is just precious!

I was working late on sewing projects. This is always a mistake for me if I intend to get a good night's sleep. Guess the adrenaline kicks in, and once that happens, my eyes won't shut no matter how tired I am. I'm trying something different on my quilt frame, I'm making fabric for my costumes by appliquing bright colored fabric pieces on a plain fabric by quilting across the pieces. It's an experiment, hope it works! I got it started last night, now I want to get back to it so I can use the fabric to make the costumes!

My brother and I are attending our local opera tonight to see Mozart's Maguc Flute. This is my birthday gift to him, he will turn 65 next Monday. Gee my baby brother is now an official senior citizen! Wow!

Have a good day!

GrammaBabs
June 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Ryan!!! Has he outgrown the sweater size before the cold... If so, It might just fit one of his "Teddys"...LOL
"Love the smell of a cute smile in the morning"..LOL
Wiggles never fails!! hugs, B

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2014, 09:20 AM
What a big beautiful smile Sawyer has and I just love his little cubby legs. Somehow they look so cute on a little baby like him but not so cute on a grown woman like me, LOL!

Jean, one of my baby sisters turns 65 this year so I know how you feel, the other baby sister isn't far behind her.

Off to lunch with my Granny Cousins around 11:15 to meet up with 2 other Jersey cousins so it's going to be a long day of eating, talking and laughing. It's my turn to host our next luncheon and I think I'll tell them to bring their glasses with them because I'm setting up a pillowcase sewing workshop in dining room. I think I will have a buffet lunch and snacks set up on the kitchen counter just like a mini retreat. If it is a nice day we could sit on the deck for our lunch, if not we'll eat at the kitchen table.

Monique
June 24th, 2014, 09:23 AM
How can we not smile with a picture like this.

A rainy day here and we need it. I got more quilting done yesterday. Today is a holiday in Quebec. I will pack and get ready for my trip tomorrow. Going to Kitchener and will get to meet with Wendy on Saturday. WOOHOO!

It looks like July is now fully booked for work. Busy times ahead.

Have a wonderful day friends.

MRoy
June 24th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Good morning! Sawyer's smile is a great way to start the day. He's such a cutie.

ravelim
June 24th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Ryan,I was just thinking this morning that I would love to see more pictures of that happy baby of yours. It's been so long since we even had a grandbaby here. A friend use to tell me to enjoy each moment,they only are this age for a moment.
There is a lot of fun stuff coming up,tho. How's Tabitha?

I started on a t-shirt quilt yesterday. It's the only quilt DH has ever asked for. And I blew it with the first shirt. Have many more to use,though.

Today is the day our girls move out. Going to be busy.

Smile everyone like Blondie says. And hugs and prayers for all.

shermur
June 24th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Morning, Ryan! Great smile on Sawyer's face and WOW is he growing! SO sweet!

Lots to do around this house today, I have to get up into the attic today, catch up all the laundry and start packing up my sewing room (that is so going to hurt me)!

We had a showing yesterday and it seemed hopeful, but....they response was: the house is very nice & showed well. The buyer felt like the basement was dated and the master bedroom and master bath was not quite what they wanted. They would like more closet space and a larger mater bath.

Now granted, this is probably the most positive response we have had....I just hope the right fit buyer comes along soon....after we move.

Cathy F
June 24th, 2014, 11:11 AM
What a cute way to start the day, Sawyer is just so cute!

Don't get me started on people today, geez. My neighbor wanted to put up a fence so he could let his dog loose in the yard, no problem I'm certainly fine with that. Come fence day he has to cut trees down along the wooded property line, what a mess he created for us. Took all the tree limbs and branches and threw them in our back cleared area instead of his own property. I really had a higher opinion of him before this. He didn't just pile them by the edge of the property he dumped it all approx. 40 feet into our yard! My husband who will be 70 now has a major mess on his hands, not to mention the fence people have put the fence on our property even though I told them my fence was inside my property line not to use that as a marker but use my surveyror's stone which was sprayed neon orange, did they listen, no, used my fence to mark the line and now it's sitting over on my property. Now I have to have a talk with my neighbor that I'm not looking forward to. Thanks for listening to my rant this morning and letting me vent a little.

Off to the sewing room for a bit, that always sooths the beast!

HandsomeRyan
June 24th, 2014, 11:44 AM
How's Tabitha?

She's hanging in there. She still needs the ankle brace to walk much but she isn't on any pain meds and she is carrying the boy around again which she likes.

Simply Quilting
June 24th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Good Morning!!! What a sweet way to start off the day Ryan. Thank you.

It was a busy weekend. The children and I went to a wedding on Saturday outside. (DH had to work.) It was a beautiful, simple affair. Afterwards, we went to my in-laws. The farm place looks so different after the storm took out a lot of trees. The children lost one of the rope swinging trees and might loose the other one. One of the best things that the children got to do was catch fireflies into a glass jar. I love the simple carefree days of fun. After showing me what they had caught, they turned them loose and let them fly away.

It was very late when we got home on Saturday night, so we let the children sleep in and went to late church service on Sunday. In the afternoon, hubby and I went to several open houses in town. We found one house that we really liked the main floor layout but all the bedrooms were upstairs. So that will not work for us.

Yesterday was an on the go day from the start. From swimming to going to the library to archery, we had several things to do. I'm getting proficient at grouping the five arrows together, now to work on moving them closer to the center of the target.

Have a great day everyone :)

EnumclawGramma
June 24th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Good Morning! I'm a little late, I slept in, and it felt GREAT! I'm all alone this week, DD and DGD are housesitting for a cousin. Seems weird. This place is so quiet!

Ryan I love the new pic of Wiggles! I love his chubby cheeks, and his chubby legs. But, what I love most is his sparkly eyes! You can tell he's a happy little guy! Wow. Where is the time going? He's grown so much!

I got so much housework type stuff done yesterday that I think all I want to do today is sew! I really want to get the binding on those 4 quilts and finish up the comfort quilt for my BIL! The days are getting busier and busier and I really need to make hay while the sun shines and I have a few quiet days to myself!

Have a really wonderful day all.....hugs/prayers for all who want/need. And for goodness sake SMILE!!!!

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2014, 12:35 PM
What a cute way to start the day, Sawyer is just so cute!

Don't get me started on people today, geez. My neighbor wanted to put up a fence so he could let his dog loose in the yard, no problem I'm certainly fine with that. Come fence day he has to cut trees down along the wooded property line, what a mess he created for us. Took all the tree limbs and branches and threw them in our back cleared area instead of his own property. I really had a higher opinion of him before this. He didn't just pile them by the edge of the property he dumped it all approx. 40 feet into our yard! My husband who will be 70 now has a major mess on his hands, not to mention the fence people have put the fence on our property even though I told them my fence was inside my property line not to use that as a marker but use my surveyror's stone which was sprayed neon orange, did they listen, no, used my fence to mark the line and now it's sitting over on my property. Now I have to have a talk with my neighbor that I'm not looking forward to. Thanks for listening to my rant this morning and letting me vent a little.

Off to the sewing room for a bit, that always sooths the beast!

Call in a clean-up crew and send him the bill. AND call Judge Judy and sue him over the fence line and you will win!!!