PDA

View Full Version : Asking for some extra prayers (for puppy lovers)

Blondie
June 23rd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Hey y'all

My Sis has a daucshund that needed emergency C section this morning. I haven't written about the pg., because, hey, dogs have litters every day and she looked hunkey dorey to me until Saturday evening. I thought for sure she would have the pups that night. When I went back to sis's last night, she was larger than life and I went hmmm. If she is still like this in the morning, call the vet.
That's how my morning went. $1200 later and several dead pups, she has two puppies (cute as can be) and the momma doesn't want a thing to do with them - yet. She is still high off the anest. We've been keeping them warm and feeding them puppy formula.
My Sis needs a lot of reinforcing support. Even my BIL who can be a real dip, was concerned. I came home to make dinner; middle son Josh is up there doing this animal thing. I swear that guy has the good mojo for animals.
I may not be in the next few days. Yeah, I mentioned that this morning. I thought I would be knee deep in more cleaning, but, heckfire shoot! That was before I went down to Mom's to help her a bit and discovered that it is THIS week she has appts every day - not next! Good grief.
So, if I'm not in, say nice things about me while I'm gone - and Babs, I've given up now on caring if the number one finds the house in dissaray. After all, he grew up here, it hasn't changed much, I guess. Just like I am, a few years older and a little thicker. At least I can wipe the dust off, I don't know about the thicker for me? ha!
Blessings to all my M* lovelies. Thanks for reading.

mamaquilt
June 23rd, 2014, 06:58 PM
Hi Blondie,

Have been thinking of you and your Mom tonight. Tell her hello from the Grand Duchy and give her a big Luxembourgish hug.
Keep smiling

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Wow, having pups is expensive! Good luck and have fun this week, we'll miss you!

Carol336
June 23rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
Ditto Jean - that comes out to 600.00 per pup - WOW

Forget the cleaning, it's just gonna need to be done when everyone goes home.

We'll miss you girlfriend!!!!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 23rd, 2014, 07:15 PM
Hope things improve puppy-wise & with everything else too! I'm sure if it were my dog I'd be sad & worried about those puppies.

ilive2craft2
June 23rd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Poor puppy! Hoping that once the drugs wear off, she snuggles up to the 2 surviving pups. Boy are those expensive pups, but I am sure that you also saved mom's life, so if you divide it 3 ways, it is only $400.... We would have done the same thing - love our fur babies!

Hoping all of the appts with mom go smoothly! I have given up trying to clean house, it is almost always a disaster area anymore.......

My sis and her 2 little ones are stopping by for dinner and will be here soon, so I gotta scoot!

K. McEuen
June 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
It may take a few days before mom has much to do with the pups. I would imagine she is pretty sore from the surgery and probably doesn't want anything pushing and tugging in her belly area.

Praying for the whole crew.

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Prayers going.

Pegger
June 23rd, 2014, 08:41 PM
Prayers on the way!

Kgrammiecaz
June 23rd, 2014, 08:53 PM
Awww. Poor thing. That is a lot to go through. Difficult delivery and losing some of her pups. I am sure she will warm up in a day or two.

As for cleaning. It will be there later or whenever. I am bad. Cleaning is always last on the list

Monique
June 23rd, 2014, 09:21 PM
I hope all goes well with the puppies and your momma.

nonnietomany
June 23rd, 2014, 11:58 PM
Praying for you all!

Cathy F
June 24th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Hoping the mom makes a full recovery and accepts her babies. Keeping you in my thoughts Blondie.

Mpyles
June 24th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Awww, poor momma and pups! Prayers for them all! Enjoy your week with momma!

maxwellthecat
June 24th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Poor thing, she must be exhausted and what a shame about her puppies. So sad when you hear about things like this. Maybe in the morning, the mom will be off the drugs and start to nurse her puppies. She is so tired. I will be saying lots of prayers for all of you. It's exhausting for everyone involved.

auntiemern
June 24th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Prayers being said.

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Blondie, You have a really full week ahead of you so try to relax and get Mom to her appointments and Sis, her DH and Josh will take care of the puppies and forgetabout the house - your older son will be so happy to be visiting he'll never notice anything past the good food and company.

ravelim
June 24th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Poor mommy pup. Thinking of her.

My mom use to say about the cleaning..do the best that you can. It'll be there in the morning...and if something happens you don't have to worry about it.

EnumclawGramma
June 24th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Prayers being said GF! I miss you! We need a good long chat, and soon!

Suzette
June 24th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Praying, praying, praying . . .

HandsOffItsMine
June 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Poor momma and babies. Huggers to all on The Hill.

alliek
June 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
I pray the puppies make it and "puppy mom" gets to feeling OK and looks at her sweet babies and wants to nurse them. Boy $$$$! Well can you really put a price on them? Be well this week Blondie taking mom around. You care a lot, and do so much. Much love.

Dollyquilts
June 24th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Well, whether you can put a price on them or not, if they had not spent the bucks, Momma would have died if they hadn't done the C-Section and got those pups out. Decomposing pups would give mom a massive infection, plus the uterus would have probably ruptured. The only other choice would have been to euthanize Momma. I couldn't do it, myself. I raised doxies for years and had several C-sections. My moms always took right to their babies, though. I hope this Momma does as well. Is there anything sweeter than puppy breath?

Dolly

Dolly