PDA

View Full Version : 11 Wedding Receptions..oh my....

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 03:19 PM
While I've been on my hiatus recuperating from double foot surgeries. The invitations to weddings, wedding showers and baby showers are adding up. I now have 11 wedding receptions that I've either missed or are coming up. 5 Wedding showers and 2 baby showers...... I think I'll move to Australia, it would be cheaper than what I have facing me...

ozziepuppy
June 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Wow! All I can say is that you must either be really popular or else have a very large family!! :icon_happy: (Or both!)

KnitWitRosie
June 23rd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Holy cow!!! That's quite a few! Fortunately, I'm at that in-between age where all of our friends are married, already have children, have graduated from wherever they were going to school...etc. One wedding this summer (in two weeks and I'm also the photographer), had one baby shower on Saturday (for my sister's girlfriend), and that's really about it. I can't even imagine 11!!!!

kensington
June 23rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Gift cards are your friend.

Hulamoon
June 23rd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Gift cards are your friend.

Yeah and they have those racks in supermarkets now!

I got one for BabiesRs for a baby shower and Bed Bath and Beyond for a wedding. Both were off island and I sent them along with my dd. Can you use cards on the internet?

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 04:29 PM
Wow! All I can say is that you must either be really popular or else have a very large family!! :icon_happy: (Or both!)
These are my children's friends, my friends youngest children and a few clients. We just set up our retirement budget and this is going to send it spinning on it's ear.

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 11:57 PM
Yeah and they have those racks in supermarkets now!

I got one for BabiesRs for a baby shower and Bed Bath and Beyond for a wedding. Both were off island and I sent them along with my dd. Can you use cards on the internet?
I think you can use some gift cards online. I Hemstitched some receiving blankets and burpers today. The moms really like homemade ones. I thought when we go on our road trip I could crochet around the edges on those.
My son just got married last April and those kids are living off those gift cards they received while he is doing his postgraduate work. I'm just a little concerned as my friends gave my to-be daughter in law a shower and over 150 people came and they all seem to have children getting married or having babies....help! Got another invite today.......sigh.....hope this doesn't cut into my shopping at M* :)
I just need to sew them all something so I can justify my M* addiction!

bonniebella
June 24th, 2014, 07:05 AM
If you move to Australia I can recommend the Sunshine Coast, Queensland!

songbird857
June 24th, 2014, 09:36 AM
get quilting woman!!! Just kidding... gift cards are always welcomed by everyone :)

SallyO'Sews
June 24th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Wow, Debbie... all I had last weekend were 3 graduation parties and my DD's last (senior) violin recital...

I feel like such a slacker. :icon_shake:

Simply Quilting
June 24th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Wow!!! Lots to do this summer. It seems like it goes in spurts for me. The year I graduated college there were a lot. Then a few years after that baby showers. Now generally, it is generally people from our church but give it a few years, and it will be lots of high school graduations/college graduations.