PDA

View Full Version : Lamberts- throwed rolls-Branson bound

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 02:36 PM
On our way to Branson, we like to eat at Lamberts however those waiting times are longgggggggg but worth it. Does anyone know of a great time to hit it there where one doesn't have to wait for 2 hours to be seated? :icon_beuj:

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2014, 02:56 PM
11am before the lunch rush! I'm basing my answer on having eaten at the original restaurant in Sikeston, I got right in when I went about that time, but by the time I was finished, the line was long to get a table.

I'm sure there are others who experienced the one in Branson, so take my advice with a Grain of salt!

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks Jean, I've been to the one on the way to Branson twice and each time the line was so very long, specially after driving forever. Once we wanted to stop and it was so long we just kept on driving. I'll have to look up Sikeston, didn't know about that one.

BobW
June 23rd, 2014, 04:40 PM
You might also think about after 1:30 or 2:00. The lunch rush is usually over by then. The Sikeston Lambert's is the original and both are really excellent!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks Jean, I've been to the one on the way to Branson twice and each time the line was so very long, specially after driving forever. Once we wanted to stop and it was so long we just kept on driving. I'll have to look up Sikeston, didn't know about that one.
Sikeston is in south east Missouri, no where near Branson!

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 05:27 PM
Thank you Bob! We will keep that in mind!
Jean we are going to drive up to Illinois after Branson then on to Iowa. Doing some family history detective work along the way. Tracking down my crazy Irish relatives that came that way in 1850.

BobW
June 23rd, 2014, 05:38 PM
You know another unique restaurant in the Mid-to Southern part of the State is the Cave in Richland, MO. It is an actual cave about 300 feet above the Gasconade River. They have a web site and it is a truly unique dinning experience.

The Cave Restaurant and Resort* Richland Missouri (http://www.thecaverestaurantandresort.com/)

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 05:47 PM
Sikeston is in south east Missouri, no where near Branson!

Jean I just looked up where Sikeston is. No we are going to miss it. I bet it is lovely. I've never been to Kentucky and it is so close.

I live in the mountains in what they call "the top of Utah". It is really green here and they did 2002 Olympic skiing events on the other side of our mountain. However there is a very different part of Utah in the south that is equal in beauty but totally opposite. It is the red desert of Moab, Zions, Bryce Canyon and sunny St. George. We have had homes in both places but it is around 350 miles away. Funny how people think I'll just visit Debbie then swing on over to a play in Ivins (southern Utah). (not so fast) Just like I was thinking surely we would be passing by Sikeston....well, there you go.......I'm just as crazy as my friends......

Vonnie
June 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM
You know another unique restaurant in the Mid-to Southern part of the State is the Cave in Richland, MO. It is an actual cave about 300 feet above the Gasconade River. They have a web site and it is a truly unique dinning experience.

The Cave Restaurant and Resort* Richland Missouri (http://www.thecaverestaurantandresort.com/)

We ate there once. DH was unlucky enough to sit under a drip! LOL We had an excellent time. There is a piano there and someone was playing about half the time we were there.

Be warned - the portions are BIG! It's been a while since we were there, but they had home made blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top.

You park in their parking lot and some one will drive you up to the restaurant.

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
We ate there once. DH was unlucky enough to sit under a drip! LOL We had an excellent time. There is a piano there and someone was playing about half the time we were there.

Be warned - the portions are BIG! It's been a while since we were there, but they had home made blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top.

You park in their parking lot and some one will drive you up to the restaurant.

You are right! The last time we were there I got full on all the things they bring around before the main dish came and it was huge! I took it to the hotel and ate off of it for a few days. I love catching the rolls they throw. There was a place in Branson that also threw the rolls, the food didn't compare but it was still fun.

Mpyles
June 23rd, 2014, 09:07 PM
There is an nice little quilt shop in the shopping center right behind the lamberts in ozark(which is the one you are referring to on the way to branson)....called sew simple... You could while away some time there!

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 11:25 PM
There is an nice little quilt shop in the shopping center right behind the lamberts in ozark(which is the one you are referring to on the way to branson)....called sew simple... You could while away some time there!

Thank you! Quilt shops are definitely on my list to do!

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 11:29 PM

Bob this looks like fun. Where is Richland? Hopefully I can walk better by the time we go. I'm glad they drive you up there. You are a wealth of information! Sure appreciate it.

Familyjournals
June 23rd, 2014, 11:38 PM
You are right! The last time we were there I got full on all the things they bring around before the main dish came and it was huge! I took it to the hotel and ate off of it for a few days. I love catching the rolls they throw. There was a place in Branson that also threw the rolls, the food didn't compare but it was still fun.

I apologize Vonnie and Bob. So here I go reading too fast again, I was thinking Lamberts and it's that fun place Bob was talking about in Richland. I'm busy researching and writing a genealogical article. I used to be able to do two things at once but I'm beginning to worry about this brain thinking it's retired! I love caves! We have some cool ones here too but no restaurant attached. :)

Angelia
June 24th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Mid-afternoon (around 3 pm) would likely be the least busy--except, perhaps on Sunday. I don't think there is ANY time on Sunday that they aren't busy.