PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Hump Day

Sandy Navas
July 6th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I have the morning free!!!! DH is off doing a public service deed. Grandkids are all with Mom and Dad at the pool, and Nana is FREE for a while. I'm headed off to start another QUILT!!! Fun, fun, fun. This will be for Emily who is seven - the middle child. She was about two when we took her to see "March of the Penguins" and even though she never concentrated on the movie she's been crazy about Penguins since. So, her quilt is going to be a rag quilt top - 5 inch squares to make up a Penguin standing in a snow storm. I'm using different WOW and B&W blocks with a touch of turquoise and some orange and red to make the penguin. The blocks will be snipped and then sandwiched with batting and backing. I'm planning to X quilt the blocks to the backing. I have fabric for the back that is printed with families of penguins and the border is a fabric I found on e-bay that is row upon row of cartoon-like penguins. It promises to be an easy and fun quilt to do. Now if I can just find the pattern I drew out originally . . .

Hugs and prayers. I hope everyone is safe, warm, healthy and happy!!

sewsoft
July 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hello Sandy I'm sure it will turn out beautiful.

toggpine
July 6th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Happy quilting Sandy!

Off to do chores and then back to the house painting!
Oh yeah, I have a root canal at 3 today. FUN, FUN, FUN! At least it will be done, and I have a fabulous dentist now!
Probably no sewing of any kind for the next few days. We were so exhausted last night we could hardly get off the couch to do dinner dishes and go to bed.

Add my prayers of blessing and comfort for those in need to Sandy's. Take care!
Cathy

bakermom
July 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
That sounds cute!
Not totally sure what my day will be. i made bindind for my half hex quilt, one more borde to quilt before I will actually need it. Got a couple cute stuffed animal patterns(thanks Deb for the link) i'm thinking of making for the little ones. I don't usually like sewing animals/dolls but these are sooo cute. GD loves bunnies so i'm going to use some minky scraps to make her a pink one. Downside is, I need to wait for a repairman to upgrade my gas meter today, so no attic sewing(can't hear the phone or doorbell up there.LOL)

quiltingtrish
July 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone!
Today is design day. I've gotten 5 of the dresden flowers made and now to construct the background of where they will sit and look happy!
I did go for my walk early - getting hot out there. Saw a cat that was hit by a car (she didn't live) and was right in the line of more cars running over it. I had to place her on the grass. Said a small prayer for her and kept on going. It's only 25 on that part of the road so unless a huge truck hit her, how can you keep going and leave her there in the road?

Well - looks like Sandy and I will be sewing today - anyone else? Bakermom - hope that guy shows up early so you can get to creating too!

Have a great day everyone.
Hugs,

mommarivera
July 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I am trying to finish a pink and black disappearing 9 patch quilt for my daughter Megan , her birthday is July 17th she will be 19 and it will also be her 8 year remission from her cancer she had when she was 10. Hopefully I will be able to get it done.

Bubby
July 6th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I love your idea of a penguin quilt. Making it rag edged will be cuter than cute. I make a LOT of rag quilts and I use three layers of fabric rather than two layers and batting. This makes a really snuggly quilt and the fringe is extra full, which I like a lot. I still X stitch the blocks before assembling them. You might like to try this some time.....Barb

Sandy Navas
July 6th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I am trying to finish a pink and black disappearing 9 patch quilt for my daughter Megan , her birthday is July 17th she will be 19 and it will also be her 8 year remission from her cancer she had when she was 10. Hopefully I will be able to get it done.

Prayers and Happy Birthday to Megan!!!!!!

meemeecyn
July 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Just got home from being away a few days. Couldn't wait to check out the forum and see how everyone is doing. Your GD will love the penguins! Cathy...hope you are comfortable after the dental procedure. It has been a long haul for you! Blessings to Megan..she's been through a lot in her young life. Have a great rest of Wed. everyone. Missed you!
Cynthia

toggpine
July 7th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Thanks Cynthia! It has been a lot of dental work, 'cause I put it off waaay too long. I finally found a dentist that I like and is reasonably priced. I am so glad I did not go to the "walk-in" type of dentist's office. The folks are great. I'll have to go back for the rest of the procedure in about two weeks. The root canal was deeper than he thought and he wants to make sure he has killed all of the decay germs, so he packed it with something and will wait two weeks for that to do the trick and then finish it off. There will be no extra charge for this! (I'm gonna have to tell him that he needs to wait until after his patients come off the laughing gas to tell us technical kids of things. It's all pretty fuzzy.) This one is more sore than the extraction he did two weeks ago. He said that might be the case, 'cause he messed with the gums a lot more.
Cynthia, I hope you had a good time at your retreat spot!
Off to go take my "happy pill" and hit the hay.
Hugs! Cathy

mommarivera
July 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Prayers and Happy Birthday to Megan!!!!!!

Thanks Sandy!!