PDA

View Full Version : Monday Monday

Blondie
June 23rd, 2014, 07:35 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

A very busy weekend here and things are just gonna get busier. In fact, I may be MIA a whole lot the next few weeks. Number One Son called and we spoke about their impending visit. It may be sooner than later. We're trying to co ordinate the time with my DD's work schedule. Working the days and hours she does, it can be difficult to plan ahead. Also, she is on call on rotating weeks as well. Oy. All that for just over minimum wage. Another Oy.

Wellsir, it is dawning on me that I will be having to get my hiney in gear down at Mom's and here. So much to do and I know that the kids don't care a fig about the house, etc. It is to me. Sorta like nesting when I was pregnant. I was a ball of energy. When I told my son I was cleaning the basement out, he said, Oh Ma! Josh and I can do that when I come down. yeah, sure. Like it was taken over by a third world country after you left home, son. lol.

Have a good day Folksies! I am off to spray some poison ivy and scratch whatever bit the fire out of my arm yesterday.

Blessings, peace, prayers and loads of Smiles!

Monique
June 23rd, 2014, 07:49 AM
Good morning. I do the same Blondie when my kids come to visit, clean, clean and more clean.

Greg was home for the weekend. I so enjoy having him home. We attended a wedding reception Saturday night.

Work today or should I say quilting day. LOL!! I am getting ready for a little trip to Kitchener/Waterloo this week. If all goes well, I will meet up with WendyI while I am there. We leave Wednesday and come back Sunday. I am looking forward to this as I have never been there. There may be a few quilt store stops along the way, believe it or not.

A beautiful sunny day today but then I think rain is in the forecast. I do believe it will be nice where we are going.

Have a great day everyone.

Blondie
June 23rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Monique, be sure and give our Wendy a big hug from ME. Have fun quilting.

HandsomeRyan
June 23rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
Morning all.

Glad to hear that you aren't sitting around bored, Blondie. :)

The picnic this weekend was a success, ...sort of. We got a call about 30 minutes before the party started that the guest of honor had cut her hand and was at the emergency room getting stitches. :icon_eek: They (she and the guy she is staying with here) did make it to the party about 2 hours late with a bandaged hand (8 stitches!) but we did not let that dampen our spirits. Everyone had a nice time. I told them they should have just come to the house instead of the ER- One of the other guests who had already arrived is a very talented quilter who has been featured in shows and teaches several types of applique techniques. Between the two of us we could have stitched her up with some Aurifil 40wt.

Tab is able to move around pretty well even with her busted ankle so my mom left to go back to TN this morning. We had a nice visit and she was a huge help with the baby and some cleaning around the house.

Now it is back to work for me. Have a great day all.

Blondie
June 23rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Morning all.

. . . I told them they should have just come to the house instead of the ER- One of the other guests who had already arrived is a very talented quilter who has been featured in shows and teaches several types of applique techniques. Between the two of us we could have stitched her up with some Aurifil 40wt.

Thanks for the giggle Ryan. Now to find out what happened to Tabitha. Off to read. Today is the first time in several days I have even walked into the "computer room". I declare there are cobwebs from lack of use!

MRoy
June 23rd, 2014, 08:14 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I've been prepping for my grandkids' visit too. They'll be here in 3 weeks to stay a month. This will be the first year that I don't have to go to work while they're visiting and I'm looking forward to that. It was a quiet weekend here (the usual). Heading for the sewing studio later this morning to put more bowties together.

buckeyequilter
June 23rd, 2014, 08:35 AM

Good morning....

Taking a "me" day today so I'm going to go out and start cleaning and organizing my sewing room. I can't wait to find things I forgot I had. I think I'm just going to get some empty boxes and put everything in it, that is not where it should be, then start sorting through the box putting things away. I am one messy crafter!!

I finally have my grandson's quilt in the house so I can do the hand stitching on the binding so when I need a break from cleaning I'll put a few stitches in that.

Well need to get dressed and get to it. Have a wonderful day!

Mpyles
June 23rd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone! Back to work today.....ugh...I Really need to be more grateful for my work, the ability to work, and the fact that I have a job! DH goes back today as well. I don't think he will make it a full day...his energy level is just not there yet. He had an episode of dizzy's before bed last night. Him falling would not be a good thing.

Yesterday I went to the baby shower and took the quilt for the new grandmother. I made a bag on my serger and serged up a pillowcase as well. She loved it! It's so nice when someone appreciates your work! Dd was down at her house last night and said that's all she could talk about. So I got a little sewing done yesterday and then I cleaned up in there. Need to get back to the other baby quilt for my niece.

Blondie...get that house ready! Better yet..enjoy the time with your kiddies! Monique have a good day at quork! Myrna glad you are enjoying retirement! Shirley...have a good day in your sewing room!

Everyone have a great day!

shermur
June 23rd, 2014, 09:20 AM
Morning, all! I do the same thing when my older kids come to visit; I wouldn't want them thinking I've slacked that much on all the chores I had them help with over the years. Especially, when I allow the sewing room to take presidence over the cleaning! Ha HA!

We have another showing today, so busy, busy morning to get ready for that...it will seem weird not going to "work" today since last Friday was my last day of outside employment...gotta get ready for the move next week.
Halona is now tearing up when the move is mentioned...she realizes it's getting so close and none of her friends here in Lee's Summit have called since school ended for the summer. She's bummed out....

HandsomeRyan
June 23rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the giggle Ryan. Now to find out what happened to Tabitha.

She sprained her ankle when she slipped and fell in our backyard. She was walking down a slight incline from our driveway leading back to the workshop to check on some blueberry bushes and her feet came out from under her. She was holding little man but he was unharmed but she sprained her left ankle badly enough that I heard it "pop" from about 10 feet away. Doctor gave her crutches and later a brace to stabilize it so she could walk/hobble a little. She still couldn't carry our son though because she wasn't that stable and didn't want to risk it. My mom drove up from TN to help with the baby and the housework while Tab was laid up. She is getting around much better now though, so my mom went home.

Blondie
June 23rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Well, all's well that ends well, I reckon. How painful though. I thought my big toe was the event of the year. Makes you realize just how much we actually take for granted and not even think about. Like walking! Glad your Mom was able to help out. I know she must've really hated having to spend some extra and bonus time with Lil Man . . .

She sprained her ankle when she slipped and fell in our backyard. She was walking down a slight incline from our driveway leading back to the workshop to check on some blueberry bushes and her feet came out from under her. She was holding little man but he was unharmed but she sprained her left ankle badly enough that I heard it "pop" from about 10 feet away. Doctor gave her crutches and later a brace to stabilize it so she could walk/hobble a little. She still couldn't carry our son though because she wasn't that stable and didn't want to risk it. My mom drove up from TN to help with the baby and the housework while Tab was laid up. She is getting around much better now though, so my mom went home.

aliaslaceygreen
June 23rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Good morning!! Happy Monday! I realized suddenly I've not been coming by for coffee in the AM! I missed you all! I have posted some photos in my album....(wow THAT's been a while) and here is Miss Laylabug and I last night...

Have had one or two of those busy weeks everyone is always talking about, but feel overall like I am spinning my wheels!
Tatiana, my senior shut-in cat, has decamped from the studio and so I am now trying to de-cat hair, de-urine, de-litter and de-puke in all the areas she's hidden.... oy! She has moved to my dining room table. Can't keep her off of it, unless it is for dinner (hers, thank you very much) or so she can make mischief along the kitchen counters. A

I keep my butter out to stay soft. She knocked my lovely butter dish, that matched the kitchen perfectly (and that I paid $1.50 for at Goodwill!!) to the floor in the middle of the night last night. I caught her with her nose deep into the butter when I went to investigate!!!

So. Not quilting, per se, but discovering things as I move things around. I did take one quilt apart for design changes that I have finally settled on!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I know I've been remiss, that should be enough to go around??

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Busy, busy, busy. Guess once the snow melted it 'fired' up everyone. I've had a weird weekend - quiet mostly and that's okay. Al and I were relaxing in front of the boob-tube last night when crack and the power went off. Leave it to him, he's up, grabbing his phone and calling in a power outage. (Me, I'd probably just sit in the dark and wait until someone found me . . . ) Then he went outside and did a survey in the near darkening hour. Came in and said it looked okay but there was power across the highway in a development. I suggested he check the power line from the highway to our post coming in to our property and sure enough there was a huge limb down. Three and a half hours in the darkness (my Kindle works on batteries . . . ) and we had power again.

Today I need to make a run to Lowes and pick up a couple cans of paint for a touch-up on my barn quilt and find some more Piranha - anyone ever used that stuff? Removes wallpaper like a breeze and I have a downstairs bathroom that needs redone. Always something maintenance-wise going on. I think, like Barb, that I also need to tackle the laundry room.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. Good luck on your showing today, Sherri!!

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Hey, Trish, there's a definite family resemblance there - that smile is contagious. Can't get over how much Laylabug has grown.

EnumclawGramma
June 23rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
Good Morning! Monday. Yes, yes it is. Where has June gone??

Busy weekend around here for sure! Water heater leak! Wet carpets and all! DH replaced the tank, shampooed the carpet, repaired all other damage. It's like it never happened, except for the residual mess left behind. My Monday is planned out already!

I'm also trying to motivate for guests coming from NY in July. They'll be staying a week with us and I like things to be perfect. I know, they have NO idea what it's like before they come. It's just me. My Uncle used to say "don't ever warn Gramma that you're coming, or she'll paint the house". That's me. :icon_neutral:

I'm also trying to finish up a quilt for my BIL who is newly diagnosed with RA. I am using the entire Downton Abbey collection because he LOVES the show, and all that's left to do is borders and then off to my LAQ'er! I really want this one done ASAP because he needs a reason to smile, has insomnia a lot and I thought this quilt would be a good comfort in those long hours in the night. (takes one to know one)

I've been making pillowcases for my Grands as well. I've had a dickens of a time finding just the right fabric for each one, but that's part of the fun.....right? I've got 3 done and three to go!

Yoga this morning then home to let the work begin! I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive Monday! Hugs/Prayers all 'round!

ravelim
June 23rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Everyone is so busy. Our little sad news is our DD and DG are moving to their own place by tomorrow. I understand but I am going to miss them so much. They have been here for 2 months. (Sob).

Enough of that! Today they are going to register for classes at the Univ. Of South Dakota in Vermillion. I got my master's degree in music there. She is going for a teaching music degree.

I finished the top of my "you've got mail" quilt last night. It's going to be great. I really love quilting even if I don't do it fast. And I really love all of you. I look forward to reading here everyday. Thanks.

Blondie have fun cleaning. I used to find it very cathartic to clean and would feel like"ahhh" when done.
Ryan, hope Tabitha's ankle is feeling better today.
Sandy hope you have better luck with your electricity. (Our DD use to call it "lighttricity"when she was little.)

Everyone have a great day. My friend always says'God's in His heaven and all right's with the world's.

GrammaBabs
June 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Morning all.. Blondie,,, that's where you and I differ.. when they say,, don't do it, we'll help... I am glad to accept.. The only place I rule the roost in in the kitchen and sewing room, and even that my Son was always there to help me... LOL
Am posting a couple of pictures.. I remembered to snap a couple before they go out of the house,, Sis was thrilled with her "bootie" when she came for a visit,, and I'm so "into it" that I finished up the quilt for my GrandDoggie yesterday and have the runner ready for a center embellishment of yo yo's (watched Mary Mulari,, that girl gives me the validation I need for going over the top)...
Sounds like a lot of super summer stuff with family going on... Dave is in FL, but skypes weekly and Deb is in touch and lives only 20min.. 3 towns over... that's where "Sir Rocco Lives"..he has quilts in every room and loves them all, sleeps well on them..:
Off to use the stair thingy,, then the pool this afternoon,,, super day!!
I listen to the busy days you gals have and "remember" fondly the energetic times of past... but now I'm content just to chill-lax, as my DD says!!LOL Hugs and prayers for good living for you all... Barbara

JCY
June 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ In a few min. I'm headed out to the alley to pull weeds. Our garbage truck comes by this a.m. I'm hoping to get most of them in the toter before it comes. Our city code enforcement requires any weeds taller than 12" be removed. I wish one neighbor in particular would comply. Their weeds go to seed & blow our direction!

I sewed this wk.-end. I finished the FMQ on the latest baby quilt. It's ready for the binding, which I hope to do this afternoon. A baby shower at church next mo. for 3 moms, so it keeps me busy. I hope everyone has a good Monday & a good week. JCY

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
(Our DD use to call it "lighttricity"when she was little.)

One of my granddaughters used to call the portable telephone a "cellophone" - very appropriate. Call it what it is, right?

MayinJerset
June 23rd, 2014, 11:50 AM
Oh, I was proofreading my long post and it disappeared! Computer was acting funny this morning, found something about a video ready for loading and a lot of strange pages popping up that I couldn't get rid of so I had to restore to a date last week. Now my post disappeared and view jumped from default of 150% to 225%. Not a good way to begin the day.

DH and I did a lot of household shopping yesterday, replacement shower head and spray for downstairs bathroom, paint sprayer to treat backyard cedar fence, outdoor shade structure for deck plus lots of odds and ends. We had a nice lunch at Panera's. I had the strawberry salad and half turkey and avocado sandwich which I really enjoyed. Later at home around dinner time we had our little bag of chips with ice tea, a late dinner of a scramble egg sandwich and shared the large carrot muffin we got at Panera's for 99 cents, it was a special with our lunch. Stop at Panera's really worked out very well as I did no meal cooking all day except some toast for breakfast and we used a gift card which paid for most of the lunch.

Trish, love the photo of you and Laylabug, she's such a cutie.

I'll be cleaning and maintaining around here like everyone else is doing at their homes, seems to be our biggest activity lately. Sandy will check out the stuff to remove wallpaper as I NEED to remove border in living room that's been up since the 80's. It looks very nice with living room furniture but it is well past the time for that style. Living room furniture could use replacement too. Hmm... maybe it's time to chuck the whole downstairs as our bedroom rug has seen better days and so does the one in our office. Hmm... think I'll wait awhile before mentioning any of this to DH, let's get summer stuff set up and repairs done first. No need to overload him because he'll say we have to move. We've been here for almost 55 years and added several rooms to the little 2 bedroom cape cod we started with and the thought of all the stuff we have is mind boggling to say the least.

Tomorrow is a fun day as The Granny Cousins are meeting for lunch at cousin Ann's so we 3 Jersey gals will be heading over to Staten Island around noon time. Ann's still not 100% after her heart incident earlier this year so instead of cooking she's taking us out to lunch. Knowing her she has a big coupon off for lunch at a local restaurant which is fine with us. I've taken the gals out to lunch at local places that feature $5 lunch, sometimes that's cheaper than cooking and doing all the prep work. We always end up back at our homes for dessert and lots of good talk about family doings and trips. Ann is just back from somewhere, she fills her passports up well before they need to be renewed, and Toni is going to Cancun next month. Also lots of grand kids to catch up on and I hope I have a photo so show of new great grandson born last Sunday in CA.

FYI - The Grannys Cousins Who Lunch, shortened to The Grannys, began over 10 years ago with 5 cousins who met monthly for lunch in our homes. Cousin Terry began the lunches when she moved from Brooklyn to Staten Island and missed having family around. Sad to say Terry passed away last summer and we miss her. In fact her DH joined us for lunch last month. We often has guest Grannys like my sisters and/or other cousins or friends and every once in awhile go some where for a special dinner or activity. We were thinking of adding my 2 sisters to the group but they live in Brooklyn and 3 of us in NJ so the bridge tolls of $20 a trip stopped us. Think they may begin Grannys 2 for Brooklyn cousins and every once in awhile we all get together. Sounds like a good plan.

bubba
June 23rd, 2014, 01:04 PM
she sprained her left ankle badly enough that I heard it "pop" from about 10 feet away

That 'pop', which I think sounds like a chicken bone breaking, is the tendon moving quickly. The last time I did that, it was on a nice 100 degree afternoon....already had my arm in a sling from something else I had done four days prior. I rolled my ankle right off a paver and down I went. It swelled up immediately, and there I lay in the backyard with my cell phone, thank goodness. Could not wake up MM, who was inside sleeping (graveyard worker), and could not reach either of my kids. I was emailing back and forth with a coworker who was going to send the police over to take me to the ER, but I would not let him. After about 30 minutes and near sunstroke, I finally got ahold of the oldest child who came w/her boys and took me to urgent care. They took one look at me and sent me up for xrays and started getting the cast stuff ready. They were surprised, as was I, that it was not broken. The funny part was, remember I was in a sling, was that they sent me home w/a brace, crutches, and instructions to keep the weight off my foot. Ever tried using crutches w/a sling? I was quite a sight! They said it's better to actually break your ankle than for that to happen, I think I agree!