PDA

View Full Version : First Sunday of summer

Mpyles
June 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Good mornin everyone!

The birds are up chirping, sun is shining here and it's the first Sunday of summer. It's been a relatively quiet spring for us...with DH and his surgery and all. Kids are grown...so not a lot of activity there....DS has cycling races on tuesday nights. He is becoming quite the cyclist. He won last Tuesday!

I have a baby shower this afternoon. The neighbors son is having a baby...so it's a shower for the new mother. I need to go to town and get her something. I made a quilt...but after talking with my neighbor decided to give it to grandma. The new mother is quite particular. Doesn't even want diapers...what new mother doesn't want diapers? I have a half of mind to by diapers anyway!

Hope everyone enjoys their day!!

Sixtop
June 22nd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Good morning!! This week is very exciting for me because after having double jaw surgery in September of last year, Tuesday, I get my braces off! Today is my last Sunday as a metal mouth and I'm uber-excited. Also, on Thursday, I fly to Denver to have a fabulous girls weekend with my closest friends (we've made it a point to go to a great fabric store in Denver as well). I can't wait!!

Mpyles, I hope that the babyshower is perfect for the particular new mother. I hope her expectations are low because people tend to dance to their own tune, not the melody set forth by one person.

irishrn
June 22nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
It's funny you mentioned giving the quilt you made to the grandma. Every time a friend of mine has a grand baby and I'm not really close with the new parents, I make the quilt for the grandma! It's easier to shop for a shower gift with a gift receipt attached and the parents can do what they want. But grandma will have a quilt in her house to welcome the little ones whenever they come over!

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2014, 10:50 AM
It's funny you mentioned giving the quilt you made to the grandma. Every time a friend of mine has a grand baby and I'm not really close with the new parents, I make the quilt for the grandma! It's easier to shop for a shower gift with a gift receipt attached and the parents can do what they want. But grandma will have a quilt in her house to welcome the little ones whenever they come over!

You know this is a good idea when you really don't know the mom to be or like this gal who has very particular ideas.

My DGD who gave birth to a boy last Sunday requested only cloth diapers. Think she will be changing her mind about disposable's when the baby gets older and needs changing more often. They will also make going out a lot more convenient. Have to say she loves the little quilt I sent a few weeks ago and now that I know she had a boy I'll be planning a larger crib sized quilt for him.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the first Sunday of summer, sun is shining, birds are singing and the weather is nice and cool and probably be warm enough along The Shore this afternoon for all the beach lovers.

ravelim
June 22nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
A grandma quilt - what a great idea.

It is raining a very gentle rain here in our town. DH needs to walk the dogs but is unhappy about walking them in the rain. I think they both will have a heart attack if he doesn't go out with them soon lol.

Almost done with my you've got mail top.Will hopefully finish this top this afternoon.then work on my wooly rag quilt.I can't get over how much it looks like a little furry animal. I'll get it together and get pics soon.
Have a great day.

CountryHut
June 22nd, 2014, 11:15 AM
Happy SunnyDay everyone :) . .

it's been a very busy week -- started taking OTC vitamins that the Dr wants me to take -- and they have given me so much enegry
I don't know how to channel that stuff -- it's like I drank 5 pots of starbucks coffee . . *ugh*~ . . .those things just made me cranky . . Ut Oh*~ . . I might have to cut them in half
-- multi-taking this pass week was so screwed up -- I felt like I couldn't get anything done
between 3 dr's appts and getting everything ready for the 1st trip out with the new 5th wheel --
-- washing stuff from the old camper - tossing other stuff and buying new stuff --

so now here I are :) -- taking a coffee break while the hubby packs his shaving gear and such
and then off to
finalizing the packing for vacation this morning -- I'm hoping that we're out of here -- at least by Noon
and yes - I am taking sewing stuff with me -- I haven't had a week off in so long -- I might get stir crazy --
and even if I don't un-pack that little kenmore/Janome - that would be a good thing too
b'cuz that would mean I was enjoying the time away

it might be 5 o'clock somewhere - but our Happy Hour starts at 4 o'clock L*~

y'all have a super and wonderful day

let's just ''Make it'' a good day

psssssT - didn't take one of those vitamins yesterday or today - and I am still in the fast mode . . *ugh*~

Navy Wife
June 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Good morning all. I've been off line for a week or so. Traveling to DD's first with a stop in Paducah, and then to Wisconsin. We've been here for almost a week, but the wifi isn't good, so I have to come to the office to write. This is the first time I've been here to check mail. Won't be home till August, but I'll be checking in every now and then. I'm sewing with no interruptions except from the cat and DH. Y'all be good now!

Linda