PDA

View Full Version : My Mother Will Turn 99 June 29!

Elliegirl
June 21st, 2014, 10:51 PM
We are so blessed to have had her this long! It's getting exciting as the birthday gets closer. She made the choice almost 10 years ago to move to an assisted living home called Little Sister of The Poor. It's run by nuns and it's just the most wonderful place for her. My mom is still pretty active. She goes to mass daily, chair exercises 3x a week, prayers in the afternoon, rosary making on Saturday mornings and on Thursdays goes to Tai Chi. She's in a wheel chair for longer distances but shorter ones she is on a walker. She has colon cancer, COPD, and is all bent over. But she's still on the ball and knows what's going on! We're having a big party for her next weekend. She was very excited because she got a card from the White House!

WendyI
June 21st, 2014, 11:29 PM
Wow...that's incredible!! CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Angelia
June 21st, 2014, 11:32 PM
Your mom sounds more active than I! Please wish her a very happy birthday.

sewbizzy
June 22nd, 2014, 01:31 AM
Congratulations to your Mom...wow she sure is active!

Judy, USMC
June 22nd, 2014, 01:46 AM
What a milestone! So nice to hear she still has her "get up and go." She must be getting great care. Please give her a special hug ...

MayinJerset
June 22nd, 2014, 01:59 AM
Wow, That's terrific and she surely deserves a big cake to celebrate her 99th Bday, Hope it is a really Happy One!

auntiemern
June 22nd, 2014, 02:26 AM
Congrats, and happy birthday to her. Sounds like she loves her life.

Hulamoon
June 22nd, 2014, 03:21 AM
Bless her heart and Happy Birthday! I had two grandmothers that lived to about 93. Give her a hug from me too!

Iris Girl
June 22nd, 2014, 05:32 AM
Happy Birthday to her and grats on making that milestone. Give her a hug please. My Mom would have been 81 on the 29th had she lived. unfortunately she has been gone 21 years. Miss her a lot

Bubby
June 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
She's an amazing lady and I wish her a wonderful 99th birthday. You are so blessed to still have your Mom.

Oldquilter72
June 22nd, 2014, 01:31 PM
Happy birthday to your mother.My mother had her 100 birthday in April. There is a picture of her in my album.

Annette Ackley
June 22nd, 2014, 08:38 PM
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! You are so lucky to have this long. Special memories and moments are the best. Blessing to your Mom and family on her Birthday!!

AuntieVic
June 22nd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Happy Birthday to your Mom! It will be a wonderful birthday celebration.

alliek
June 22nd, 2014, 09:31 PM
Aren't these women amazing!!! Happy Happy Birthday to her!! My mom will turn 99 in November, she lives with us and does great. She walks in house with a cane and outside with a walker, bathes herself, dresses herself and changes her bedding. She does a little dusting in her rooms, does the crossword every day, reads books voraciously AND is the biggest N.Y. YANKEE FAN ! She never ceases to amaze me and I am so thankful to have her all these years, so are our family. She is our treasure. Again Happy Birthday and many blessings to your mom:icon_wave:

Monique
June 23rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
How wonderful that you have had your Mom with you for so long. Wish her the very best birthday of all.

Blondie
June 23rd, 2014, 07:54 AM
Wow! These long live'rs are phenomenal folks. I like it when I am able to tap into their resourcefulness. Congrats to her. You are blessed! I bet she is the life of the home.

mspepper
June 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Wishing your mom a very happy and blessed birthday!

ravelim
June 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Happy birthday to your mom. What a great achievement.

maxwellthecat
June 24th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Happy Birthday and Congratulations, God bless her.

Simply Quilting
June 24th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Sounds like she is having a great time where she is. It is so exciting to see older people be active. That is my goal to be active until I'm called home :)

Midge
June 24th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Your mom is an inspiration! I hope her birthday party is wonderful for you all.