PDA

View Full Version : Saturday good morning!

Mpyles
June 21st, 2014, 07:05 AM
Good morning everyone! Saturday has arrived..yay!

Off to work for me today, as unfortunately I work Saturdays. Then I hope to come home and spend time in my sewing room. I haven't had much time in there this week.

DH did much better yesterday...off some of that bp medicine! Thank goodness. He is suppose to go back to work on Monday....but I don't see full days..we will see.

Well...better get a move on...have a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 21st, 2014, 07:22 AM
Happy Summer Solstice! Enjoy the sun!

My sewing room is going to be filled with black/ dark capes for a while as I have 40 dark capes to make for my show. Hardest part is finding enough fabric for all of them, and making sure all the kids can find their cape when the show is finished each day. I'm going to number them, so they can find them, as they take them off and throw them in a pile on stage. They will be easy to make-- 4 seams on the serger, they don't need hemming as I am using a non- raveling knit.

Off to sew a few! Have a good day!

Bubby
June 21st, 2014, 07:42 AM
Good Morning,

We are heading for Cuba this morning for a work day. It will be a long day depending on how the Girls behave.

I had an easy week and ate lunch out a couple days with girlfriends. Women really need girlfriend time.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday.

Ginny B
June 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
Happy Summer! Looks like a beautiful day here today. I am off to Brooklyn to pick up ds and granddog. When I get back, I will be concentrating on housework today. The poor house has been neglected the last couple of weeks because of sewing for the craft fair and going here and there. The craft fair was quite successful yesterday. Dh did a great job. Got some orders from it too.:)

Well, guess I should get this day going. I'll check in later. Have a good day everyone.

Andrea F
June 21st, 2014, 08:28 AM
Good morning everybody,

I am going to have a slow weekend. We've been to a wedding of a colleague yesterday and I have nothing special to do today and tomorrow. DH and I will go out for dinner tonight as it is our 24th anniversary today. We have to go early because Germany is playing soccer at 9pm and DH needs to be home for that. I don't mind since it means I get some time to sew in the evening. Tomorrow, my baby sister is coming over and I am going to try to teach her how to sew. She wants a small simple makeup bag for her purse and I thought she might sew it herself with a little bit of help.

You all have a wonderful day!

BobW
June 21st, 2014, 08:32 AM
This afternoon the neighbors and I are off to Fulton, MO for the Fulton Street Fair. I'm hoping a great time to be had by all.

Judy, USMC
June 21st, 2014, 08:42 AM
I'm up earlier than usual today - so just popping in to say hello to all. I'll be assembling project bags today ... need to make sure that I have everything I need (fabric, Block, thread, etc) to take with me on the trip north for the summer.

Rosieq
June 21st, 2014, 09:01 AM
Good Morning, I'm a first timer, I believe....beautiful overcast morning in NW IA. With one load of laundry ready to hang out, and another in the washer. Will it rain? Shall I hang out on the line? Such difficult questions so early in the morning.
I will be finishing up PJs for camp girls2 DGDs....it has been a terrible week, and I've not found my sewing room.

Iris Girl
June 21st, 2014, 09:01 AM
Morning everyone. Work for me today and then a trip to a different walmart then the local one , who never has the items I need when I need them. Not much else going on.

HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!

Sandy Navas
June 21st, 2014, 09:23 AM

Everyone seems so focused and so busy, busy, busy. Working on a quilt and painting on the barn quilt. Rained a bit over night. Al burned a gigantic brush pile yesterday and spent most of the night up watching to see if it was truly out. It's still smoking a bit this morning, but I found him dozing in his chair about 5 a.m. and managed to get him in bed. He'll be worthless most of the day, I'm sure.

Monique
June 21st, 2014, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone. Waiting for all to get up. Greg came home last night. We also had dinner with friends. I managed to get quite a bit of quilting done AT WORK yesterday. Now for those who don't know, I was working at this little post office. I open at 9 and by the time all the work is done, it is 9:30-10:00. So now what to do for the rest of the day? Why, quilt and watch movies of course. I love to work there.

We have a wedding reception to attend this evening. I need to get to town sometime today too.

Sandy, a barn quilt. Can't wait to see that. Awesome.

Have a great day everyone.

EmmaB
June 21st, 2014, 10:03 AM
Morning all!!! I'm doin the happy Saturday dance. Love it when I can wake up and not have to be anywhere at a certain time. Took the furbabies out and it's already getting hot and humid. Earlier this week I told my friend that we need to find a swimming hole for today so we are going to another friends house to spend the afternoon lazin around her pool!! YAY ME! So I'm off to get some things done so I can enjoy spend some time with friends this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!!!

klgls
June 21st, 2014, 10:03 AM
After spending the last month of weekends quilting feverishly - I'm taking a break and going to visit my best friend who lives about an hour away - of course we will probably go shopping and there is a cute quilt shop in a nearby town! :) Have a good day!

JCY
June 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Good morning, & Happy Summer to Everyone,

Partly cloudy & in the 60's, but supposed to be close to 90 today. I'm tired from weeding in the flower beds yest. Today will be FMQ on the latest baby quilt. I'm still trying to adjust the tension so the stitching looks right. I practiced on my sample block yest. I hope to get the quilt mostly quilted today. I have 2 more baby quilts to finish before the end of July for the shower at my church for 3 moms. JCY

ravelim
June 21st, 2014, 10:24 AM
Rosie where in NW IOWA ARE YOU.? I live in Cherokee. Welcome.

des visit was really good yesterday. No more nasty pneumonia. And he explained so much to me.

Stopped to pick up sashing for a quilt for DH. The backing he wanted has Farmall tractors on it
First quilt for him.

Gotta go. Have a great day.

sassygranny
June 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
This is the first "real" weekend I've had in quite a while. I work in the performing arts field, and we just now got into the quiet part of the year. This summer was a long time coming!

I've got a little yardwork planned. Laundry is chugging away in the washer. Hubby has some work to do on our rent house. I'm going to wander over to the only dedicated LQS we have this afternoon. I hope they have 30s reproduction prints. It's time to shop for sashing for the quilt my great grandmother started. It will go together quickly once I find the sashing. She finished the blocks, but I need to replace a couple of pieces where the fabric disintegrated. I'm kind of excited about getting this started.

Oh...and my Miami Pies quilt is still a WIP. Perhaps a little work on that is in order for this weekend, too.

sassygranny
June 21st, 2014, 10:55 AM
Stopped to pick up sashing for a quilt for DH. The backing he wanted has Farmall tractors on it
First quilt for him.

Ravelim - where did you find the Farmall fabric? When my hubby was a young man, he built Farmall tractors. He would LOVE that in a quilt!

MRoy
June 21st, 2014, 11:12 AM
Good morning and happy first day of Summer! Nothing planned here today. I've already been working in the sewing studio this morning. Yesterday was busy going back and forth between the doctor's office and medical equipment store trying to get DH's 92 year old aunt a new lift chair to replace one that was totally broken (stuck in a reclining position). Medical supply store said they needed a doctor's authorization for Medicare. Auntie called the dr office and the receptionist told her that she had to be seen by her ARNP and couldn't have an appointment until next Thursday. Soooo...I took auntie to the dr office to talk to the ARNP face-to-face. It was apparent that she had not been told that auntie had called earlier asking to talk to her. She was very nice and wrote the statement authorizing the chair. The medical equipment store accepted it and the chair was delivered yesterday afternoon. The receptionist at the doctor's office was rude to auntie and made it clear she didn't like being bypassed, and I made it clear to her that I didn't care!

Lonna
June 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Wishing everyone a very happy summer. It is my normal Saturday work until 2 then off to play in my sewing room for the next two days. It is just too hot to get out and about around here. Have a great weekend.

Sandy Navas
June 21st, 2014, 02:50 PM
Good morning and happy first day of Summer! Nothing planned here today. I've already been working in the sewing studio this morning. Yesterday was busy going back and forth between the doctor's office and medical equipment store trying to get DH's 92 year old aunt a new lift chair to replace one that was totally broken (stuck in a reclining position). Medical supply store said they needed a doctor's authorization for Medicare. Auntie called the dr office and the receptionist told her that she had to be seen by her ARNP and couldn't have an appointment until next Thursday. Soooo...I took auntie to the dr office to talk to the ARNP face-to-face. It was apparent that she had not been told that auntie had called earlier asking to talk to her. She was very nice and wrote the statement authorizing the chair. The medical equipment store accepted it and the chair was delivered yesterday afternoon. The receptionist at the doctor's office was rude to auntie and made it clear she didn't like being bypassed, and I made it clear to her that I didn't care!

I think someone in that office needs to be looking for another place of employment.

Having worked in the medical field for years I find this behavior totally uncalled for and unacceptable. Thanks for letting her know that you didn't care that she was bypassed!!!!!

ravelim
June 22nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Believe it or not,we found the Farmall fabric at Wal-Mart. My DH found it. It's getting to be fair time in Iowa. They seem to put out a lot of fabric to look "farm-ish". They had a whole quilt contest based on tractor fabric at our hospital last yr
Ear and the quilts were really beautiful.one More little quirk of living in the country.