PDA

View Full Version : What does Tuesday hold?

Sandy Navas
July 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I've been quite busy, as I know all of my friends here have been - but this morning I'm sitting here contemplating the problems and ill health so many are facing. Here's our dear Suzi in FL who had eye surgery and is having major problems. Then there's Blondie's mother, Trish's heartaches, Jan's DGD Emily and her back, Gina who needs to be held so she can let go, Paula who is on her way to recovery, Lisa who is freezing in AU, victims of flooding here in MO, and those recovering from the ravages of the tornado that hit Joplin, . . . and many others whom I've inadvertently left out. My DSIL, who lives in Israel just got out of the hospital in Tel Aviv after three weeks of treatment for her ongoing MS, visual loss, complications; and then my dear friend Rosa whose husband was recently diagnosed with bladder CA; and Donna, my lifetime buddy who just finished her rounds with chemo and radiation for bone CA. And I'm wondering how I could ever find it in me to complain about anything!!

Yesterday I got to spend most of the day with Rita (4) and Zoe (2) and they will be here again today, probably every day this week - all day long. Daddy has vacation and since Momma is up and at'em after giving birth, they are doing an all over house decluttering, cleaning, downsizing, and rearranging. Better that the two little ones aren't under foot. Plus it give Papa and Nana an opportunity to truly spoil them!! Some of the highlights - They are both making progress in the pool by leaps and bounds - Zoe holding her head under water and making bubbles, swimming on her own for 3-4 foot stretches, fearlessly jumping in the pool where Papa can catch her and make sure her head returns quickly to the surface. Rita is navigating all over by swimming on her back and constantly asking 'is this the shallow end?' And then being totally worn out (as are Nana and Papa) and taking long naps until time to go home.

One major argument we overheard. You may recall that I made Zoe's quilt and she already has it. I'm almost finished (binding only) with Rita's. Rita was showing Zoe "HER" quilt and Zoe emphatically told Rita that it was not her's - that Nana only makes quilts for ME!! Here comes Rita, "Nana, isn't that MY quilt?"

So, today probably holds more cookie baking, more Play-Doh, some cartoons, and pool time. And, if I am lucky I will be able to sneak into the sewing room and sew the binding on Rita's quilt.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday here in the US of A, that we all remembered why we celebrate, and that we all cherish our freedoms and those who have so fearlessly given us such hope and promise.

And, to my friends around the World, I send hugs and good wishes!

toggpine
July 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Good Morning!
I so understand Sandy. When I think things are hard for me/us, I think of the other people I know who are so much worse off financially, medically and spiritually. Then I thank God for what I do have and it doesn't look so bad after all.

This morning I am off to draw blood for a neighbor who needs to send in her blood samples for the annual check on her dairy animals then back to a day filled with Star-Spangled blue paint! I certainly hope the color is darker on the house than it looks on the lid of the black paint bucket!

I'll try to get back to the sundresses I'm making for Em tonight. I get a seam or two done before she wants me to come snuggle with her while reading a book. The dress will get done, but they are only little for such a short while I can't say no to the snuggles!

You all have a great Tuesday! I'll check in on y'all later!
Cathy

mamaquilt
July 5th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Well thank you for the hugs and the good wishes. I wish you a wonderful time with your GD's. Wish we had a few more. Who know's what's in the future.

quiltingtrish
July 6th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone!
Busy, busy days - I am still sewing again. I got 5 dresden flowers made so now will work on getting them onto the background fabrics tomorrow. They go so fast! Thanks Jenny!

Prayers for those needing them - I might not remember everyones names all the time but God knows who you are and I do ask for specific requests.

Ot-oh - need to put some kind of muscle rub on DH. He was working on a corn crib roof all day so - will check in tomorrow.

Hugs,