PDA

View Full Version : A little comfort needed here!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 19th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Did you see this article in this morning's New York Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/us/border-centers-struggle-to-handle-onslaught-of-children-crossers.html?hp

I'm sure there are lots of different opinions on illegal migration on the forum & I really don't want to start a discussion about those issues, but these are children, all alone, terrified, and sleeping under space blankets & Red Cross blankets. It looks so far from cozy. Made me think of Project Linus. These kids could use some quilts.

Sylvia H
June 19th, 2014, 11:48 AM
The story of these children brings me to tears. As a parent, I can only try to imagine the level of grief as you allow your children to leave you to find safety in another country, but away from all they have known and loved.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 19th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Not to mention how desperate you must feel to think this is a better choice than keeping your kid with you. Charity may begin at home, but if it ends there, that's a problem.

Miss Sheri
June 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM
It would have to be extremely bad at home to be able to even thing about letting my children go like that. The dangers encountered in just trying to get to the border are so many and so vile that I can not imagine how bad things had to of been to allow them to make that trip.

alliek
June 19th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I'm in tears, and feel so helpless. What will happen to these children.? What has already happened to them. The numbers are staggering to take care of at once when the facilities are not set up for kids. I know they are overwhelmed but this is an emergency, how did these numbers of kids travel? Who guided or made the decision for them to leave home? So many questions, so many needs. Right now I'm praying for the guidance to be given to this government. God Help us and God Bless them.