PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl tonight

MayinJerset
June 19th, 2014, 03:18 AM
2 am and no one in the place but me, surely there must be an Night Owl or two lurking tonight.

Just hanging around to see what has been happening around the forum. Really should get to my mail and pay some bills but that can wait til tomorrow as I'm in a lazy sort of mood. Have to find my color swatch for a challenge quilt due mid July, keep planning to pull some fabrics for it but somehow haven't been up to my sewing room this week.

Think the sudden change to hot weather has sapped my energy. Spent an hour or so potting some annuals in deck planters and that was my extra activity for the day as it was too hot to do anything else but get a tall glass of ice tea.
Hope the other Night Owls had a more interesting day than mine.

bkthomas
June 19th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Hello May! I'm lurking.....can't wait to see your challenge quilt!
There now you have incentive to get going on it!
No donuts tonight Ice tea or Ice cream are in order!

Mchelem
June 19th, 2014, 04:17 AM
I'm awake. Ever since my surgery, I haven't been sleeping as well as I was (which really wasn't that much to begin with).
Between the pain, the hot flashes and the constant need to chew ice, it's just easier to not try to sleep in the same bed with the hubby anyway. I spend most of my time on the couch reading or watching tv. The one bad thing about not having a sewing room in my house is that I'd have to get dressed and wake up the dogs and the kids to leave and go over there (to the studio) to even sew. And chances are, by the time I got over there and got settled, I'd get tired and want to come back home again.

*sigh*. I thought the surgery would make me feel better, and honestly I feel about the same, just minus the cancer, and other parts.

Judy, USMC
June 19th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Another day that I got absolutely nothing accomplished. Went to the Dr. so DH could get some stitches removed. Then off for a sit-down lunch. "Quick" trip to Sam's turned into a walk around the whole place ... and only walked out with 2 cans of cashews. Then off to Ross and left with nothing. Same thing happened at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target. Stopped by CVS to pick up his meds. Guess the trip wore us both out ... we were both napping within 30 minutes.

Now it's almost 3:30am and I'm wide awake! Looks like another nap before we have to get up at 8:30 to take the van in for new tires and detailing before our road trip. Maybe I'll sort through some old paperwork til I get sleepy again. I'll probably have sweet dreams of challenge quilts, Iced Tea & Ice Cream!

And just need to add to Mchelem - I feel for you! Had the same surgery and followup treatments. Felt a bit better (not much mind you) every day. Took about 6 months before I realized I was really feeling better. Just take it one day at a time and eventually you'll feel better.

MayinJerset
June 19th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Seems all of tonight's Night Owls are in the same mood, tired but awake and wanting to do something but it's too much trouble. Hotmail informed I have to do something to my email account because something AOL and Yahoo did to their emails. Seems too complicated to me at this hour, maybe it will make sense to me in the morning.

I'm hungry as I didn't eat much dinner, sure wish one of the Night Owls brought some ice cream or doughnuts which are about the only things I could eat at this hour without upsetting my stomach. But no. when we were food shopping I made DH put the ice cream and doughnuts back as we really didn't need them in our diet. Should have remembered that Night Owl snacks don't count, LOL!

toggpine
June 19th, 2014, 04:38 AM
I'm still up. Although I'm headed for the sack once I'm done checking in here.

We had a rough week. 2/3 of us in the house had the stomach bug and now hubby thinks he's sick. (He can't be left out of the party.) I pretty much wiped us all out, so today was catch up day on everything I didn't get done on Monday or Tuesday. It's also end of the school year, so we have all of those activities. Tomorrow is the last day and it's a short one.

The weather has been cloudy, but dry. We could actually use some rain. The upper pasture is getting pretty dried out and it's kind of early for that.

I have managed to get to 2 of the shops on the Western WA shop hop. Only 14 more to go to be eligible for any of the prize drawings. Although some shops are having individual raffles, some which are free, and others that you buy tickets for. I had really hoped to get to more, but I'm not sure I'll make the quota. Maybe next year....

I suppose I should go dream about fabric or something. The alarm still goes off at the same time, no matter when my head hits the pillow.
Happy Hooting!

ozziepuppy
June 19th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Well it is 4:22 and I am up. Seems like I wake up every night around 2:30 or so. Anyone have any good ideas for sleeping through the night? Maybe this thread isn't the best place to look, LOL!

Mchelem
June 20th, 2014, 02:03 AM
I'm still up. Although I'm headed for the sack once I'm done checking in here.

We had a rough week. 2/3 of us in the house had the stomach bug and now hubby thinks he's sick. (He can't be left out of the party.) I pretty much wiped us all out, so today was catch up day on everything I didn't get done on Monday or Tuesday. It's also end of the school year, so we have all of those activities. Tomorrow is the last day and it's a short one.

The weather has been cloudy, but dry. We could actually use some rain. The upper pasture is getting pretty dried out and it's kind of early for that.

I have managed to get to 2 of the shops on the Western WA shop hop. Only 14 more to go to be eligible for any of the prize drawings. Although some shops are having individual raffles, some which are free, and others that you buy tickets for. I had really hoped to get to more, but I'm not sure I'll make the quota. Maybe next year....

I suppose I should go dream about fabric or something. The alarm still goes off at the same time, no matter when my head hits the pillow.
Happy Hooting!
Are any of those stores participating in the Row by Row experience???