PDA

View Full Version : Are those Toe piercings?

Familyjournals
June 18th, 2014, 06:41 PM
How did you do that? The 20ish gal standing by me asked.

I'm standing in line to purchase some items at a random mini mart, with my lovely painted toes peeking out of my Surgical shoes, and there are 2 pinrods in most of the toes on both feet.. I had a manicure before my surgeries with white French tip and a small silver line so I would match my hardware. I'm thinking she wanted to know how I painted my toes with all of those pins in them......but no! She wanted to know how much my piercings cost and where I got them. Well, the cashier burst out giggling, and I said are you talking about my surgery? No, she just wanted my toe bling........hmmmmmm.....I told her it's about $5,000 a foot and you have to have it done at the hospital......

By the way they came out yesterday! Yippee...now You can call me skippy!....or hop along.

Alert ...the following picture may be disturbing......don't view while eating....or...it may help with a diet.... Here is an xray of just one of my lovely styln feet.....those pin puppy's are from 2 to 4 inches long....

KnitWitRosie
June 18th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Lol!!! Who knows... Maybe you just started a fashion trend!!! Ha ha ha.

Congrats on being on the mend :D. You'll be dancin in no time!!

Judy, USMC
June 18th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Well maybe you should have just left them in and started a style fad! Maybe even a youTube vid on FB would have gone viral. lol

So very glad to hear they are gone. How long before you get into "real" shoes? Now I'm wondering if your size will change ....

Familyjournals
June 18th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Well maybe you should have just left them in and started a style fad! Maybe even a youTube vid on FB would have gone viral. lol

So very glad to hear they are gone. How long before you get into "real" shoes? Now I'm wondering if your size will change ....

I'm in slippers right now, hoping to upgrade to shoes. I have some big toed clogs I thought I would try in a couple of days. I need support or I'd go for flip flops...I'm not concerned about the train tracks on my feet, those feet just want to be freeeeee.

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Just reinforces how little the youngins really know!!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 18th, 2014, 07:42 PM
How did you do that? The 20ish gal standing by me asked.

I'm standing in line to purchase some items at a random mini mart, with my lovely painted toes peeking out of my Surgical shoes, and there are 2 pinrods in most of the toes on both feet.. I had a manicure before my surgeries with white French tip and a small silver line so I would match my hardware. I'm thinking she wanted to know how I painted my toes with all of those pins in them......but no! She wanted to know how much my piercings cost and where I got them. Well, the cashier burst out giggling, and I said are you talking about my surgery? No, she just wanted my toe bling........hmmmmmm.....I told her it's about $5,000 a foot and you have to have it done at the hospital......

By the way they came out yesterday! Yippee...now You can call me skippy!....or hop along.

Alert ...the following picture may be disturbing......don't view while eating....or...it may help with a diet.... Here is an xray of just one of my lovely styln feet.....those pin puppy's are from 2 to 4 inches long....

Oh my goodness. I hope you got a giggle out of that one too. And I hope your feet feel better very soon!

Familyjournals
June 18th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I did get a giggle. My husband really got a "kick" out of it when I told him. Because we had joked about my toes with the bling coming out the ends......didn't think that anyone would ever really think it was piercings....... I concerned about what that gal could get herself into.....

Sharyn J
June 18th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I have to admit that your story brought a giggle! Why heck, why not get toe piercings? The kids have everything pierced!
Hope your recovery goes well. Maybe we can send you some snazzy nail polish for those new toes as I'm sure you've had enough of the pins.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 18th, 2014, 10:41 PM
The kids do have everyone pierced. We had better not discuss what exactly in too much detail, because I don't think this forum has an R rating.:0

bubba
June 18th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Looks just like MM's hand did! Have to say seeing it in person really grosses me out!

Familyjournals
June 18th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Looks just like MM's hand did! Have to say seeing it in person really grosses me out!

Pat, I'm so sorry to gross you out. It's just hard to explain, so I did some show and tell. At least I only showed one foot, I had it in both that's why I walked like a duck....It is over now and I'm free to use my sewing machine pedal! Yippee!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 19th, 2014, 12:04 AM
The kids do have everyone pierced. We had better not discuss what exactly in too much detail, because I don't think this forum has an R rating.:0

I mean, "everything", not "everyone". Silly me, or perhaps silly autocorrect. Who knows.

WendyI
June 19th, 2014, 12:14 AM
ouch ouch ouch ouch OUCH!! Why would anyone want to do this on purpose for ANY reason OTHER than medical?!! Wow. I'm sorry you had to have that done and so glad you got them out!! I can't even imagine having that done! Makes MY toes curl!

Familyjournals
June 19th, 2014, 12:49 AM
I mean, "everything", not "everyone". Silly me, or perhaps silly autocorrect. Who knows.

Claire I'm constantly fighting my auto correct. My kids are always laughing over my texts, specially when I'm in a hurry. I have more issues with my phone and iPad so I prefer my desktop. :)