PDA

View Full Version : Moving update status

shermur
June 18th, 2014, 07:40 AM
IF I can just keep focused until July 1st.....

Today would have been my Mother's 70th birthday; I still miss her so.

The last three house showings have been either cancelled or denied due to issues with the house or timing...a lot of my time wasted.

I turned in address change cards as instructed per the local office 2 weeks prior to my move on the 14th of June. I requested our forwarding date be the 30th of June...for whatever reason, my postal carrier started it Monday, the 16th. Needless to say, the post office got a massive rant on the phone yesterday of no mail for two days. I am expecting some very important mail to arrive before our move...especially the Block magazine.

I have 2.5 days more of my job, the 20th is my last day. Then, the madness of re-organizing, sorting all the stuff in the garage, basement and attic commences before the packing on the 30th. So, bad I would love to have jsut part of a day to visit MSQC before I leave Missouri....
There's at least 4 more softball games, team pictures and goodness knows what else to throw into the mix before the moving truck pulls out from our home of 7.5 years.....
All I know? Yesterday, I would have loved being in Arkansas and not here....I just want the madness to be over and our new life to begin....

asta
June 18th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Having recently moved I do feel sorry for you. The stress is sometimes overwhelming, remember to make time for relaxing during this time. I hope your new home is a comfortable fit! ((((hugs)))))

Mpyles
June 18th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Deep breathing!! You will get thru this...just take it slow and enjoy your last days in Missouri!!

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Sending very special hugs to Sherri!!!

Bubby
June 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Sherri...It's almost over for you. hang in there, Hon. ((HUGS))

shermur
June 18th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Yeah, Barb...it's almost over, with the dreadful thought the house will probably go into foreclosure as we will not be able to make two house payments. I really wish we could leave Lees summit, MO owing nothing to anyone for anything.....it kind of feels like I'm taking an unneeded burden with me to Arkansas.....
And there's the issue yet of finding a new job for me once I get down to Fort Smith.....

EmmaB
June 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Hang in there Sherri

(((((HUGS)))))

shermur
June 18th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Just got notified that my son's engagement is null and void.....Navy daughter's hubby went on tour with his ship yesterday. Is there anything else that needs to collect on a full plate of emotion? UGH!!~!!!
Although, My daughter did post sonogram pics of the new baby.....that was a nice emotion to feel....

vchale
June 18th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry you're having such a stressful time. Moving is bad enough but add in your hubby already gone and trying to sell a house makes it even worse. Just keep telling yourself it will all be behind you soon and we are all pulling for you. Hope your house sells really soon!
And definitely take a day for yourself to visit Hamilton for all of us who live so far away. Good luck!

alliek
June 18th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Sherry (((())). I know you probably could use some strong arms to help. Moving is one of the top stressors, right up there with death and divorce! HOWEVER, keep focused on the new start. You are not alone, so many of my friends and family are in a similar situation. Moving from homes and areas they loved and completely changing their lives at a time they did not expect it. One day at a time is their advice, do what you can and try not to think of everything you need! Think of happy things (new baby!, new start!) Many blessings as you go forward are prayed for you. "Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid" John:14:27

HdWench
June 18th, 2014, 03:28 PM
((((Sherri)))) Agree, look to the future and don't regret what is behind you as they put your things in the van going to your new life

Actually (yes I'm weird) I kind of like moving so I can see all the crap collected and get rid of it LOL but the rest suq's! Sure wish you could squeeze in some relaxing bath or M*QS time just for you before you hit the road. We are all wishing only the best for you hon.

Deep Breath!

Miss Sheri
June 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM
(((((((Sherri)))))))
Hang in there sweetie!

shermur
June 22nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Had a showing yesterday, the first one in quite a while. A young couple with two small daughters....the response come back as negative. Too much work. We listed our home AS IS...evidently real estate agents do not explain this to the potential buyers before they come and look at the house and it's very evident the agents do not know how to SELL the potential of the home. I feel like so much of my time is wasted trying to keep the house "show ready" and for what?
I gave up trying to even keep up with my UFO goals, because I can't appease potential buyers and feel insulted by real estate agents that have no clue how much work and fund I have spent on the home since we purchased it over 7 years ago.

Nine more days...just nine more days to look forward to some hope....

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2014, 10:38 AM
Hugs continue!!!!

ravelim
June 22nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
I agree with the above post, she just said it first. Lol. Hang in there,hon. This too shall pass.

alliek
June 22nd, 2014, 01:48 PM
Sherry: You WILL sell your home. There is someone who will want it very much and see it as you see it. Keep reminding yourself of this and stay in touch with your agent as much as possible as to why you don't have much traffic. Take care of yourself, stress can make you ill. Prayers for continuing strength and results!:icon_tup:

shermur
June 29th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Two more days....the packing crew comes tomorrow and Tuesday, the items in the house gets loaded on the truck! Still do much to do today....I plan on packing my sewing room. I have a weird feeling I do not want strangers touching my fabric, machine or notions.

I will pack personal items and important information. On Tuesday, after the truck is loaded, I will give the house a quick cleaning and head south with Halona, the dog and the cat with the car trunk stuffed! The moving truck should arrive to the new location on Wednesday!

thanks for all the prayers and emotional support through this endeavor! I still have to hope the house will sale once it's empty; or otherwise, we will lose it!

At the end of July, I have plans to check out a quilting guild in Fort Smith...can't wait to meet people like me!

GrammaBabs
June 29th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Good Luck Sherri... try to take it one day and "one thing" at a time.. I remember when my life was like that constantly.. don't know how I made it,,, but as people have said,, breathe and hang in there... I'm routing for you and your family... As they say,,"change is good" (yeah, right)... hehehehehe Barbara
IF I can just keep focused until July 1st.....

Today would have been my Mother's 70th birthday; I still miss her so.

The last three house showings have been either cancelled or denied due to issues with the house or timing...a lot of my time wasted.

I turned in address change cards as instructed per the local office 2 weeks prior to my move on the 14th of June. I requested our forwarding date be the 30th of June...for whatever reason, my postal carrier started it Monday, the 16th. Needless to say, the post office got a massive rant on the phone yesterday of no mail for two days. I am expecting some very important mail to arrive before our move...especially the Block magazine.

I have 2.5 days more of my job, the 20th is my last day. Then, the madness of re-organizing, sorting all the stuff in the garage, basement and attic commences before the packing on the 30th. So, bad I would love to have jsut part of a day to visit MSQC before I leave Missouri....
There's at least 4 more softball games, team pictures and goodness knows what else to throw into the mix before the moving truck pulls out from our home of 7.5 years.....
All I know? Yesterday, I would have loved being in Arkansas and not here....I just want the madness to be over and our new life to begin....

ravelim
June 29th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I'm so sorry you are having such stress. I've noticed that when things go wrong...along comes more stress with my children. The only good advice I have for you is this... while this is going on, don't let your mind psych you out. Breathe deeply, think positively, slow down, and enjoy each moment without being nuts.

Prayers for you. Hugs,too.

Eriepatch
June 29th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Sherri,
I will watch for you to go by and wave!! Hang in there, the moving part is almost over!

ilive2craft2
June 29th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I know settling in at the new place will be busy too, but I find that unpacking boxes is much more enjoyable than packing them was. It is kind of like Christmas - you forget what all is in a particular box. Enjoy the car time with Halona - if there are touristy type things along the way, make those your breaks. :)

HandsOffItsMine
June 29th, 2014, 11:28 AM
OMG...It's more like Nightmare Before Christmas! Bruhahaha

I just had Don put a bunch of fabric boxes, art supplies, graphic boxes, business book boxes back into the garage. Been here a couple of months now and have been sick most of that time. Klasien and Jan are coming on the 3rd for coffee and cheesecake!! Guess things are not going to be put away. lol

Oh well at least they have a sofa and chair to sit on and the company will be fun...

Putting crap, oops our belongs where they need to go when this body gets back to it's old self.

quiltingtrish
June 29th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Aww, good luck Sherri - try to take a deep breath - it is a stressful time. How about a 5 minute break on your way to your new place and drive through a McD's for an ice cream cone or something special? Even the dog can have one.

I'll pray for safe travels for you and your 'crew' that will be along with you. Let us know you have arrived safely.

Hugs,

Dollyquilts
June 29th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Sherri, have you considered leasing the house if it doesn't sell? It would save your credit. I sure don't want to add to your stress, but walking away is not as simple as it seems. You might still be held liable for the difference between what the mortgage holder gets for the house and what you owe.

Still praying for a sale,

Dolly

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sending special hugs to you and Halona. Know that you are definitely going to be missed in this area - so don't ever forget the forum is here for you to rant and rave as necessary. Wish I could help you through this turmoil.

HandsOffItsMine
June 29th, 2014, 04:41 PM
(((Sherri))) Don and I have been in your shoes - Hang in there. Take a deep breath, a stroll around the block at dusk re relief some stress while all of this is going on and most importantly...stay away from the liquor cabinet! ;)

Seriously, it will work out one way or another. A new direction in your new town will happen, focus on that. :) As long as you have your family, your all together, that's what's most important.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

BellasQuilts
June 29th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Sherri, moving sucks - period. Hang in there, it will be over soon.

auntiemern
June 29th, 2014, 10:17 PM
So sorry hun. Sending prayers and hugs.