PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
June 17th, 2014, 07:34 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Tuesday and you know what that means! It means day two of cleaning out this place with hubs. Yesterday went okay. Just started to put a dent in things. Kinda reminded me of Christmas morning every time he found something he had forgotten about. hehehe. Being true to my word, I had a big box for trash and a box for possibly keep and one for keepers. I didn't get much of a struggle from him on keeping the trash box more full than the keeper box.

We went down to Mom's last evening and did some more yard work. She has a few huge flower beds that I have been putting off weeding. They aren't that close to the house so I figured I was safe for a while. With all the rain we've had, I knew it would be knee high. Hoo Boy. It was thigh high. Josh was weed eating, Luscious was mowing and I was the designated weed puller. Not a bad job. One snake and I lost track of how many jumping spiders later, I completed my aerobics work out for the day.

Today it is back to the salt mines known as the basement.

Have a wonderful day Folksies! I will make sure I celebrate today. I am going to eat a peanut butter sammie outside with a big glass of coke zero and pretend I am somewhere else. I can do things like that on a regular basis. It is part of my awesome bubble. Try it sometime. I highly recommend it. If you can't pretend good enough, read a book. That'll do me every time.

Hugs, peace, blessings, prayers and SMILES to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 17th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Hi Blondie! Been enjoying my daughter's visit since Friday. We had an extremely busy weekend, so I crashed yesterday. No sewing, just cleaning, cooking and getting my family to help with some DIY project around the house.

Have a great day!

EmmaB
June 17th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Mornin Folks!

Got up early, early this morning and after catching up here I decided to work on this beast of a quilt again. First time in about a month. I get a set of blocks pinned, sit down at the machine and start sewing and our newest cat starts trying to scratch at my foot (the one using the foot pedal). I muddle through a little ways and realize the block is not going together so I stop sewing and rip it out. Back to the drawing board. Then the cat decides to jump right in the middle of it all and scared the you-know-what out of me. I threw my hands up and just quit. I'm going to have to find a new place to sew. Working on the embroidery project is impossible too. I keep reminding myself that he's a baby and just wants to play but DANG!!! Very annoying.

The two people I gave for references while being interviewed Friday were called yesterday afternoon. At least I know that the HR guy is moving forward with my application.

Whew! Trying my best to stay calm.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Mpyles
June 17th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Good morning blondie! Good morning all!

Blondie...I'm gonna go with your opening statement and try to smile today! Yesterday was a freakin nightmare of a day. Mainly at work....my job offers me great frustration of late...you probably say...good grief it's a restaurant how hard could it be....oh my let me tell you!! I have the BIGGEST micro manager for a boss...oh my word I swear to goodness if he comes in and lists me one more thing my head might very well spin on my shoulders. I am currently spending 90% of my time at an alternate location....trying oh so desperately to get there costs under control...which entails a lot of re-training of associates....which increase labor costs....little things have gotten out of control there as well....like under shelving being as clean and shiny as it should be, behind equipment cleaned out. Lots of opportunity...we like to say... The dear girl who runs it...sweet thing, going thru some personal issues right now and is currently out. I myself, run a highly organized unit...everyone there knows there job and knows they are expected to do it...or suffer the wrath of mary...yes I can be a tyrant if provoked...well this is not the case at this location...they don't know their head from a hole in the ground...hence my frustration...add to that DH being out for 3 weeks....he's who rides buffer for the boss man...and we have a recipe for insanity! Ah well...today I am recharged, energized and ready to kick butt and take no names....wish me luck!

Last night around 9:30 got a phone call from dd...she had rearended someone on her way home from work. Nothing serious and no damage to her car but a scratch on the other guys bumper and possibly damage to a rear view camera.....just when the cushion in my checking account had reached move me to savings status...good news..no one was hurt!

Well ladies and gents...I'm off to slay the dragon! Here's to everyone having a great day...I'm gonna come hell or high water!!

Monique
June 17th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Good morning. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go. Not much happening around here today.

Have a great day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
June 17th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Mary! Good for you. Kill'em with kindness, don't be bipolar, and thank them. Engage. Jeessus, can I copy your message and give it to my store mgr? I am ready to pull out my hair...or pull up stakes....
Another HOT one today, its already over 80---
BUT. Two days off coming up, one fun day and one cleaning day....
Both mostly in the AC, what more can I ask for??

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))

MRoy
June 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Good Morning! I've got reruns of Dr. Phil on OWN...my mom never missed his show and I'm catching up on what I missed when I was working. I can't imagine going on TV and telling what some of these folks tell.

Unless something unexpected comes up, this should be a quiet day to just do whatever. I hope everyone has a good day.

MayinJerset
June 17th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Everyone is so busy and I should be getting busy too. Yesterday was a complete wash out for DH and I, having the Father's Day BBQ wore both of us out and we both chilled out on the couches all afternoon. Dinner consisted of a BBQ leftovers of hot dogs, baked beans and salad but there was no cheesecake or Italian cookies left for our dessert.

Need to go to Loews or Home Depot as my rain forest showerhead sprung a leak and sprays water upwards and sideways instead of down. Also need to get some emails sent especially one to guild members reminding them about this Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In - can't forget that one or my co-chair and I will be the only ones there.

HandsomeRyan
June 17th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Morning all.

Wiggles has started eating people food for the last few days. He was not a huge fan of mushed green beans:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0202_zpsxxxa4fse.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0202_zpsxxxa4fse.jpg.html)

He did get me an awesome 36"x48" cutting mat and a new iron for fathers day. I need to build a table as the existing cutting table is not big enough and the mat hangs off the edges. I just need to design something which can be taken apart since I have to fit it down a hallway and through a door. Off to Home Depot later to look for some lumber.

SuzyQue
June 17th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Mowed our beast of a yard yesterday. It looks great! Off to lunch with a great friend today! More receiving blankets to sew tonight. Oh, Ryan....those tears make me so sad! Really......just green beans...wait till he gets to meat!
Make it a great day, everyone!

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Everyone seems to be busy, busy, busy. I told Al yesterday when he inquired why I wasn't downstairs sewing, that it was because he lured me out to the front of the house to pull weeds early on. Oh, my aching back. I can't get down on my knees any longer (I may be bionic, but there are limitations and we don't have a crane available to help me back up). We've had so much rain here that there's is no way two old people can keep up with the weeds. I think my front flower bed is going to have to revert back to nature and we'll start mowing that area again.

Blondie's last little image reminded me of this inspiration: The most inspirational farmer you'll ever meet. [VIDEO] (http://wimp.com/inspirationalfarmer/)

You know there is always a bright side to every dark cloud (wish I could see it from here!!).

MayinJerset
June 17th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Sandy we both have the same problem, we can knell but can't get up butl have to do some weeding. I came up with a solution for the weeds sprouting through the much around a pear tree in the front, tree is in the far corner of our property and I'm not looking that way at all so out of sight is out of mind. The weeds in the backyard garden now have small purple flowers and have filled in between the shrubs so they are staying put. You know that old saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

ravelim
June 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Ryan,that child is cuter each time we see him. Be careful when you feed him beets. Be ready for him to spit it back in your face and beets stain!
Blondie,smile,smile,smile. Love it.
While living around recently, I as reminded that each moment is a gift. I'm trying to remember this gift.
Bless all of you.

fatquarters
June 17th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Good morning new found friends! we have had lots of rain, so the grass, the weeds, and the mosquitoes are HAPPY. I did a little weeding last night in my flowers and I managed to get up, but yep I know what you gals are talking about.

Have a great day everyone.

EnumclawGramma
June 17th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Hi! Good Morning! Happy Tuesday! Everyone sounds good today, that's nice. Busy as ever! That's also good....

DD's car broke down and had to be towed e a r l y yesterday morning. (felt SO bad for her!) It's a loss, one of those Chevy Aveo disposable cars (who knew all parts that matter under the hood would be made of PLASTIC??) Now it needs to disappear from the driveway because today she'll be shopping for a new car. Until then she's driving my.....AVEO. Oy Vey. Please pray. DH plans on going under the hood this weekend, like we don't already have enough on the "to do" list, and replace all plastic with metal. Hoping to get more miles out of my car since A. it's newer, B. I drive way more like an old lady than my daughter does.

It rained HARD through the night, and as much as I love rain water in my potted flowers because it makes them grow like nothing else.....it sure encourages all those dang weeds. There really is no end in sight and I have "company coming from back East" in a month!

I'm nearly finished with a Downtown Abbey quilt I'm making for my BIL who is suffering (and I mean SUFFERING) with newly diagnosed RA. He loves the show and I am really hoping this quilt will be a comfort to him when he's up with insomnia trying to pass the evening hours in front of the TV.

My beloved quilting mentor Sandy is busy busy with the 5 quilts she took home with her. She got that new Longarm and is having a blast learning to use it! I think she's got one more quilt to go, and then she'll come get my Downton Abbey quilt and get that one done! What a luxury for ME!! I can't wait to see how she's doing!

DGD is in an official cast now. It's lime green, her favorite color. 4 weeks in the cast and then hopefully she'll shift to a boot she can hopefully walk in. Poor kiddo. She sure is good at making the best of the situation tho, and the pain is getting way more tolerable.

That's it from my little corner of the world. Hugs/prayers to all who want/need. Smile, and hug someone for no reason! It really does make them happy!

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM
LOVE those blue eyes Ryan...don't know how it's possible for him to get any cuter but it's happening.

Back to work today and wishing I was home working on wedding things for my sister. Made the sign that Liam and Memphis will carry down the isle...just have to find some flowers for it and hem the sides and paint the dowel. Looks cute so far!

I only have two more rows of sashing to quilt and a few wonky hearts to fix and then a few X's and then I can do the binding and start the second pillow. I SWEAR I bought the pillow form and more fabric but canNOT find it anywhere. So weird! Anyway...THAT is what I wish I was doing!! Instead I am at work and swamped! ugh!

Hoping you all have a wonderful day!!! xoxo