PDA

View Full Version : I'm early but late . . .

Blondie
July 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/emgarcia78/FOURTH.jpg

Hi there Ladies
I've been crazed the past few days, as usual. My life is NEVER boring. Trust me. With my family, the only sane one is my dear Luscious Man and I have to wonder about him sometimes.

Had to work solid yesterday and then Mom got the stomach thing that has been going around; you know the one that got me dehydrated? Well, I stayed with her yesterday afternoon and all night. She is fine and dandy now. She even wanted a big breakfast which I didn't make but did give her some soft food for her tummy. Tough old bird that she is, she went to church and is back to normal. thank goodness.

The company that was supposed to arrive tomorrow arrived this afternoon. Oy. Here I was with a clean house but a dirty head of hair and a body past stank since I was in the yard since about noon. They are sleeping now, so I can sit here and let y'all know that tomorrow I may not be able to peek in and wave a Happy Fourth! Be safe, enjoy the cookouts, fireworks.

Will sneak in when I can to catch up on the happenings and stitching. (I did stitch on a quilt that I am working on for one of my kid's for Christmas. Hope I will have that one plus a few more done by then! It is coming along nicely.)

Go make some sparks fly, folksies!

Monique
July 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Good morning Blondie. Happy 4th of July to you. Have a wonderful holiday today. Not too much going on here might get some quilting in today.

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.

Sandy Navas
July 4th, 2011, 10:17 AM
BOOM

Thank you to all past and present who have fought so hard for our freedoms!

quiltingtrish
July 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
What a great photo for today Blondie!
Wouldn't that be a neat fabric - bet alot of that would sell.
Off to brother in laws today. Just waiting for my eggs to cool so I can turn them into deviled one. Yum!
Did start on some dresden flower blocks. They are turning out pretty. Will show a photo when finished. Using some fun fabrics too! In fact, I am working on 2 different quilts using them so can't wait to get them finished.
Hope you all have a great day - glad to hear your mom didn't have that bug for longer than she did.

I'll check back in later tonight to see what everyone was up to.

Hugs,

EsGrandma
July 4th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Happy Fourth to everyone!!
Sandy - you are the greatest - always thinking of others - yesterday, I sat by a dear friend who had lost her husband in WWII - when we sang a patriotic song, she started crying - really hit home about the sacrifices made by all!

toggpine
July 4th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Good Morning & Happy Independence Day!

How funny Trish! When I'm done here I'm off to peel the eggs I boiled last night for deviled eggs! I'll let the mix set while I do morning farm chores and then pipe the goo into the eggs.
We had company yesterday, but we did get the house to the next step in prep for painting. The lattice had to come down and it is covered with multiple clematis vines. We are hoping that by gently laying it over no permanent damage was done to the main vines. We won't know until it gets put back up I guess. Hubby pressure washed the house and it should be warm enough today to dry it out. He hit it really hard last summer when he did the roof, so it wasn't too bad. The paint will start going on tomorrow morning once any dew has burned off. Whoo Hoo!
We are off to visit family today at my cousin's new house. Burgers, dogs, and potato salad!
You all have a fun and safe day!
Hugs, Cathy

debinmalaga
July 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hello all, and wishing everyone a Glorious Fourth! We're grilling today and looks like I'll have all three kids here at the house at the same time. That's always a treat!

Might get in a little sewing later on, got most of my next qfk top done, just need to add borders and then it'll be pieced. Piecing all four then quilting all four, and having fun doing it.

SuzyQue
July 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Happy 4th to everyone. Busy day here, but no sewing. Off to the church picnic, games, gospel singing, and fireworks tonight. I hope everyone stays safe!