PDA

View Full Version : Liam in his tuxedo

WendyI
June 16th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Liam and I are both in my sisters wedding this July 26th. This weekend we picked up a tuxedo and shoes for Liam. I thought I'd share a few pics with you. He is SO EXCITED to wear it...he wants to wear it to his grade sixe graduation! ! :D

His GQ pose LOL! the black bow tie is a bit too small...

I think he looks so much like Gary Inise in this pic (from Apollo 13, and many other awesome movies..great actor)

this bow tie is the colour of the bridesmaids dresses but a tad darker.

he and his cousin will be in tuxes and carrying a sign that says Here Comes the Bride on the way up the isle...then on the back it will say here comes the Bride and Groom which they will carry after the ceremony on the way out. If anyone knows where to get huge stencils in calligraphic or script font I'd love to hear from you!

Monique
June 16th, 2014, 02:32 PM
He's cute in his tux but don't tell him that. LOL!!

How big do you want the stencil? eg one letter per page? It can be done in word.

WendyI
June 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
He's cute in his tux but don't tell him that. LOL!!

How big do you want the stencil? eg one letter per page? It can be done in word.

this is an example of the sign we need to make but two boys will be carrying it...and so will be somewhat larger. But she likes that font..I'm not good enough to pain on burlapy fabric!

Pandabear
June 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
OMG that second pic is adorable. He's adorable.

MayinJerset
June 16th, 2014, 02:42 PM
He looks so cute in his tux and is really into being in his aunt's wedding party.

Bubby
June 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Such a handsome little man!! He looks great in his tux!!

EmmaB
June 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Oooo what a cutie!!!

Carol336
June 16th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Oh my goodness Wendy - he is just adorable. I love that look on his face in the middle pic.....gonna be a heartbreaker that one!!!!

Oh and I hope you enjoyed your ME day

Live to Quilt
June 16th, 2014, 11:43 PM
What a cutie. Enjoy him

JeanAnne

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 01:13 AM
What a cutie. Enjoy him

JeanAnne

I enjoy him every day! He is an amazing kid! No idea how I pulled that off! LOL!

Blondie
June 17th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Wendy, he looks as if he has the personality to match his handsome face.

Madeforyouinma11
June 17th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Wendy, he's adorable!
I found this link...it may have something that you can use
http://crafts.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Free_Calligraphy_Templates

traildancer
June 17th, 2014, 01:24 PM
I love the first pose. Very debonair!

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I love the first pose. Very debonair!

Awwww...thanks! LOL! I like it too...I told him if he would go to sleep when he's told and didn't have such bags under his eyes he could be doing modelling. He SAYS he's shy...WHATEVER! LOL!

Thanks all for telling me how great my kid looks...this is such an amazing loving forum. I'm a very proud momma....in case y'all didn't figure THAT one out. :icon_rolleyes::icon_woot:

tesspug
June 17th, 2014, 07:22 PM
He is so handsome. I just painted a pallet for my daughter's wedding. Here's how. Print the words you need off your computer. If they don't fit on a page then break them up into parts of the word until they are the size you want. Then use dark chalk to trace the words on the back side of the paper. If it is hard to see through the paper tape it onto a window and you'll see the letters. Turn the paper over onto the burlap sign and gently rub the chalk onto the burlap. Then use a permanent marker to fill in the letters. Don't use a Sharpie, they run.

Midge
June 17th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Wendy, how adorable Liam is! He will be breaking many girls' hearts soon, if not already. And ever so handsome in his tuxedo.

Good luck with the signage. Lots of good ideas here already. Find a scalable font that looks like handwriting and blow it up as big as you need to, with one letter per sheet of paper if necessary. You can cut them out and use painters tape to line them up and then craft paint to fill in. We did this for a country themed shower to make triangle banners with letters painted on in aqua (shower theme color) on burlap triangles. Worked fine. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact font name we used. It wasn't on my laptop, I was at my friend's house. I do remember it was a free font, though.

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 08:40 PM
He certainly does. He's quite the joker and makes me laugh every single day. ...like belly laughing out loud. I am so lucky!!

(Ok..I was replying to Blondie here...and her quote never followed! LOL! No I am not yet losing my mind over my sisters wedding but it's comin! LOL!!)