PDA

View Full Version : mental health day...and a bouquet for you all! :-D

WendyI
June 16th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I forgot to set my alarm last night and Liam completely slept through his. I was not in the mood to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off (as an aside have you ever heard of Mike the Headless chicken who lived for 24 months with no head!?! honestly do yourself a favour and Google it! LOL!). I also have marathon meeting sessions (5 hours) on Mondays and they are worse than a root canal and I was just NOT interested in that today...because I had IBS all night (sorry TMI I know) and now have a violent migraine. So...I took a ME day to take care of it...and decided Liam could use one as well.

The first thing I did was have toast and tea. It was lovely. Then I went out into my garden and picked myself a bouquet of flowers! I usually do his once every year but now that my gardens are insane I should be able to do it more often.

Anyway...here are some pics of the bouquet and a few of the flowers in the bouquet. I love it! Been takin pics of it all day! LOL! Hope you enjoy them as much as I am!

WendyI
June 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM
woops...tried to remove that duplicate pic....sorry!

Ok..off now to quilt until 2 and then cleaning my house up a bit before starting supper! have an awesome day y'all! xox

Monique
June 16th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Have a great "ME" day, Wendy. Your flowers are beautiful.

MayinJerset
June 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Sometimes we all need an mental health day and you dealt with yours in a very nice and positive way. Having tea and enjoying some beautiful flowers was a good idea.

KnitWitRosie
June 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Personally, I think mental health days should be designated days like sick days and vacation days. Sometimes you just need a break!

Believe me, I almost did the same thing today. Had a killer migraine yesterday which kept me from getting anything accomplished (plus cut my visit with my dad short). Couldn't fall asleep until way past 11 (when I normally get to bed on work nights by 9 pm). I seriously slept until about 5 minutes before I had to leave for work. Debated on taking the day off, but then decided against it as I'm saving the last 5 days of vacation/sick time I have left for dr. appts. I'm struggling to get thru the day and can't wait to get home today!

Enjoy your "me" day!!!

EmmaB
June 16th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Pretty colors! Thanks for sharing with us

Mimis-quilts
June 16th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Went to work...stayed 2 hours and came home...gut problems too! Been lazy all day, playing on the computer and napping. Hope you feel better.

yellowstone
June 16th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Such beautiful flowers, bet they smell so sweet, Tatyana

BobW
June 16th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I say good for you. Everyone needs some me time every so often. Five hour meetings, OMG. That was one of the first things I did when I was asked to move over as manager of a sister hotel. They had weekly staff meetings that could last up to three hours. I put a stop to it. I required an agenda, suggestions to be put on the agenda had to be submitted 24 hours prior to the meeting. And the meeting was limited to One hour. Many times we did it 30 minutes. Moral went up. Customer satisfaction went up, and I had fewer hours to pay staff.

K. McEuen
June 16th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Must be something going around, my tummy isn't being nice today either. At least you stayed home from work. I've only got a half hour left before I head home for the day.

Sandy Navas
June 16th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Sure hope everyone is feeling much better now - I agree, long meetings are the P I T S!!

But, Wendy, I have to know what are the white flowers in the cluster? Don't think I've ever seen them.

Love your peonies. Ours are long gone. My favorites are the ones that I know originated in my maternal grandmother's garden (she passed before I was born) and this year was the first year they bloomed in my garden.

mommadeb
June 16th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Such pretty flowers. Hope you are feeling better. We all need a 'mental health' day once in awhile.

Cathy F
June 16th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Love your flowers, they would surely brighten anyone's day, so bright and cheerful!

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 01:21 AM
I say good for you. Everyone needs some me time every so often. Five hour meetings, OMG. That was one of the first things I did when I was asked to move over as manager of a sister hotel. They had weekly staff meetings that could last up to three hours. I put a stop to it. I required an agenda, suggestions to be put on the agenda had to be submitted 24 hours prior to the meeting. And the meeting was limited to One hour. Many times we did it 30 minutes. Moral went up. Customer satisfaction went up, and I had fewer hours to pay staff.

I wish! Sadly these are project/working meetings and are in another building which means I get nothing else accomplished that day. Supposed to continue for another year or so as well! Uhg

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Sure hope everyone is feeling much better now - I agree, long meetings are the P I T S!!

But, Wendy, I have to know what are the white flowers in the cluster? Don't think I've ever seen them.

Love your peonies. Ours are long gone. My favorites are the ones that I know originated in my maternal grandmother's garden (she passed before I was born) and this year was the first year they bloomed in my garden.

I am feeling better thanks!

Peonies are my fav flower and one of the longest living perennials...an undisturbed plant can live over 35 years and more. Sadly archer killed all mine in the back yard������ I'm so happy to grow Thems you can get peonies that bloom at all different times from spring to kid summer! I DID have them all organized like that until serger killed them!

The white clusters come from a shrub called Mock Orange. They apparently resemble citrus blossoms, hence the name!

Familyjournals
June 17th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Love the flowers! You talented woman. Quilts, gardens, makes up smile!

WendyI
June 17th, 2014, 01:27 PM

Awww shucks...thanks! xox

Familyjournals
June 18th, 2014, 03:18 AM

That was supposed to say makes us smile. Man I hate auto fill!

Peggi
June 18th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Am I the only one who was wishing I could see more of the CW quilt in the background? :D

WendyI
June 19th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Am I the only one who was wishing I could see more of the CW quilt in the background? :D

LOL! it's actually a pillow...I'm not insane enough (or rich enough) to make a quilt like that...gorgeous but SOOO much work and a LOT of fabric!! And I have to make another one! uhg!! Here is the back and the front since you were interested.