PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

Cat77
June 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Is anyone of you interested in the Football World Cup in Brasil? Are you watching the matches or following the results?

I don't really like football (or most sports actually), but whenever there is a World Cup/ European championship/ Olympics I tend to follow it.

How about you?

Midge
June 16th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I haven't let myself get into more of a time sink of sports than I'm already in as a baseball fan. I like having a game on TV while I sew because I'm too restless to do one thing at a time! I will get involved with the World Cup I guess if the US progresses.

Sandy Navas
June 16th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Only by osmosis - DH is quite a fan, a star player during his high school years - he hasn't missed a match.

IBake
June 16th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Not watching. But the young couple who watch our cabin in Ontario sent us a note saying the cabin was ready and they were headed down to Brazil to see the world cup. We must be paying them too much!
:icon_shake:

Cat77
June 16th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I haven't let myself get into more of a time sink of sports than I'm already in as a baseball fan. I like having a game on TV while I sew because I'm too restless to do one thing at a time! I will get involved with the World Cup I guess if the US progresses.

They're playing right now and are leading 1: 0 against Ghana...but that's just their first match! :)

ozziepuppy
June 16th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Not that interested, but other folks in the house are, so it has been on quite a bit. Seems to be everywhere right now.

songbird857
June 16th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Just a passing interest here... we stream the Portuguese news station over the internet for my FIL, so there is lots of coverage because it's a huge thing there; so I catch bits and pieces :)