PDA

View Full Version : me gina

ginampls
June 14th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, I finally have some time to write.

I have told a few folks, but i have something to say. 18 years ago. I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. Pretty beatable stuff.

Well, It is back. Only this time it has moved into my Lymph nodes. The cells are called Papillary Cancer cells. and again very very treatable. no kemo nor a blast of radiation. I will get a weekend supply of radioactive iodine. in July wait 60-90 days then do another picture and hope for the best.

yep, it is a bummer, but I am well, kicking butt. and have a doosey of a new scar. goes from ear to shoulder and back across.. so..I am good. hard to talk on phone. as my voice box is bruised. i will heal. from what I understand is that, most folk survive this one, but lots of rest and re-cooperation...

I have been at my mom's. but finally feel well enough to be at apt. I really appreciate being at mom's but glad to be home. just a few miles down the road. and going back to night for supper. take care all. and i will keep you posted.. love you guys. a lot!!

IBake
June 14th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Keep up the battle and know that we are all cheering and praying for you. I have a friend who beat thyroid cancer also.

You will be in my prayers

Where in MN are you? That's home for us. We grew up in the Cities, and now have a cabin right above International Falls. We also swing through Grand Forks to see my aunt and hit the quilt store there. Really a nice store-Quilters Eden.

LindaKay75
June 14th, 2014, 03:02 PM
God bless you Gina. My prayers and thoughts go out to you. You just keep your faith, hang in there because things will be better for you. You sound like a very strong woman with a positive outlook. So happy that you are back in the forum. Please keep us posted and stay busy with your projects. Your friend, Linda from South Florida.

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Oh, my Gina!! I wondered where you ran off to. You know you've got me pulling on your side, right? Also sending HUGS and prayers.

Judy, USMC
June 14th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Rest up and recuperate! Glad you are back here. And I wanted to let you know I love the "Dad" quilt you have in your album!

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Gina, Keep kicking butt! You rock girl!.

Grandma G
June 14th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Gina - you sound like you have a very positive attitude and that will go a long way on your road to recovery. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Miss Sheri
June 14th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Gina, so glad you shared what you are going through. I admire your courage and positive attitude, I will be happy to add you to my prayer list too. Sending you hugs and kindest wishes for a happy outcome.

quiltingtrish
June 14th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Gina - there you are! Hugs and prayers coming from me too and so happy so see you back among us. You keep up what you are doing to get better cause we want to keep you around for a long time.

((((((HUGS)))))))

tamsterg7
June 15th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Prayers for healing and strength. You beat it once and can do it again!

SallyO'Sews
June 15th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted, Gina. We will be praying for you. Glad your mom is close by. Get your rest!

ginampls
June 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Moorhead, up by fargo

Sylvia H
June 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I am wishing you well on your recovery. My daughter is now 10 years free from thyroid cancer.

Monique
June 15th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Gina, I know you will be fine. Take good care of yourself, girl.