PDA

View Full Version : I want to visit NY

bambine007
July 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a question to you amaricans :icon_bigsmile:

Finally we'll visit NY. I'am planning the trip now.
We want to go for 2 Weeks in December over christmas and new year this year.

Do you have any advice where I can find a location to stay. We don't want to stay in a hotel.

I hope you can give me an advise.

tamsterg7
July 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
I haven't been to NY, but I am guessing you are going to the city of New York? I would think you could do a google search of
'vrbo new york city' and see what comes up. (vrbo = vacation rental by owner). We have done that when vacationing in other areas and found condo's, apartments, houses etc. I am not sure what would be available in New York since it is so heavily populated.

One other suggestion would be to contact the board of tourism for the city - they might have listings as well. Good luck!!!!

bakermom
July 3rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Are there bed and breakfast places in NYC? that would be an nice option, too. did a quick search:

http://www.airbnb.com/search?location=new+york%2C+ny

bambine007
July 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
these are nice ideas.. thank you for that.
i'll take a look.
yes we thought abaut visiting nyc
next year I want to come to america to take a journey and visit several places... of course I want to come to americe just for shopping :-)))

Monique
July 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Carmen I have never been to NYC but you could visit me here in Canada. A lot of my neighbours are of german descent. Oma will be 103 years old this year and the best community grandmother I have ever known. Enjoy your trip.

Blondie
July 7th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Carmen I have never been to NYC but you could visit me here in Canada. A lot of my neighbours are of german descent. Oma will be 103 years old this year and the best community grandmother I have ever known. Enjoy your trip.

And I understand from my son who lives in Dobbs Ferry that it is a quick train trip to Quebec from there. You are blessed with your Oma. God bless her and of course, dear Monique, you as well.

bambine007
July 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Dear Monique,

of course, thats a great idea :-)
I've never been in canada. If I go to canada I'll tell you and we can meet there and I can visit you.