PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday the 14th!

toggpine
June 14th, 2014, 08:32 AM
I hope you all made it through Friday & the full moon!

I also hope that you had a better start to your Saturday morning than we did. Em came running to our room at about 2:30. She turned and dashed back down the hall, but didn't make it to the bathroom before she was sick.
While I did need to clean the carpets, 3AM was not really the most ideal time for that. Thankfully I had used the steam cleaner often enough while fully awake, that I could do it half asleep. (Note to self: leave a small bottle of cleaning solution in the house so you don't have to track to the shop in the dark to fetch some.)
We put her in the shower and got her cleaned up while Daddy got the first round dealt with. I then cleaned the carpets, the bathroom, the carpet cleaner, and finally the sink.
I am hoping that this wasn't something she picked up at the beach yesterday. If so, I can look forward to it as well as the rest of the 2nd & 3rd grade classes at school. Yea.
Now I'm awake enough I can't get back to sleep. I'll start some laundry and go from there I guess. I may fix a cup of tea and try to nap on the couch.

If it's rainy, I'll get some sewing in. If it's nice, outside with us.

I hope you all have a great Saturday and find something to smile about!
Hey, I have clean hallway carpets now. That's something to start with!

aliaslaceygreen
June 14th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Oh, dear.
I hope she does feel better soon, and that you can get some rest!
Looks like it will be a sunny, less rainy, less humid day than of late, but of course I will spend it at work!
I need to get into the studio to clean. No, NEED to ...really... ugh...
and to quilt. That would be nice, but I NEED to clean...

Have a great day, all!!! (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

songbird857
June 14th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Wow toggpine... hope the rest of your day is nice! I'll be buttoning up last minute things for the potholder swap today (wasn't really able to get in the sewing room this week much).
Then later, we're heading to the berkshires for a few hours, and will enjoy a combined father's day/birthday celebration - a day early because my daughter has to work tomorrow. We will be enjoying dinner at a place called Salmon Run with me, my hubby, our daughters, and my hubby's dad. It should be nice weather :-) Have a great day everyone!

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Cathy, I am so sorry Em has a tummy bug - what an awakening in the middle of the night.

Four hours of lawn mowing yesterday and I still have more to do today - hoping to get it done before we get more rain (which is predicted). Hoping the tree guys can get in with their chainsaws and chipper, too.

Other than that it should be a quiet weekend around here with no plans for any excitement.

ozziepuppy
June 14th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Gosh, hope she is feeling better! And Kudos to you for doing all of that cleaning in the middle of the night! Hope things are better today!

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Nice cool sunny day so I'm hoping the nice weather continues. Yesterday was a drizzly rainy day with heavy rain and thunder around dinner time - no water in the dining room so the roof leak may finally be fixed!

Cathy hope your DD is feeling better this morning. DS#3, kids and dog arrived around 12:30 last night and all went promptly to bed. Ben never made it up stairs and went to sleep on the living room couch. Only saw him a month ago and he's grown taller again. He's almost 13 so it's his teen age sprout, think he'll be taller than DS#3 who is 5'11".

Seems to be a busy weekend with catching up with chores and Father's Day celebrations so everyone enjoy yourselves.

Lonna
June 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Good Morning all just another typical Saturday here. Work until 2 then my weekend begins. This afternoon I will finish up my falling charm quilt for my father. All that is left is to put on the binding and the label nothing like waiting until the last minute. Tomorrow I may work on a table runner although I do have another quilt top I need to finish, a wall hanging, plus clue 4 and 5 on the mystery quilt that needs to be done. So glad I have both Sunday and Monday off. No big plans here for Fathers day I will walk over to see my folks like normal a couple of times a day. My whole family all live on the same four acres so we all see each other every day. Seeing as we are a small family not hard to do. It is just my Mother and Father who are both in there 80's my brother and his wife and my daughter. We all have our own homes here in the little village as my mother calls it. Sorry about the rambling on. With all that said everyone have a wonderful weekend and Happy Fathers day.

pcbatiks
June 14th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Good morning. Cathy........you have my sympathy for the middle of the night clean up. Our son did that once when he was younger......down the side of the bed & on the carpet. I wanted to move him from the room & just board up the door and never go in there again! :D

Hope everyone has a productive or relaxing day........which ever one you are hoping for. :D

whippetmom
June 14th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I see you live in Lakebay, so according to our weather you should be able to enjoy a little sun today, just not all day. I am hoping to make the most of whatever little breaks we have, off to the quilting store with me. I think you guys get more sun than we do down here below Olympia, hope you have a quiet rest of the day.

toggpine
June 14th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the well wishes for her tummy. It's still rebelling, but she's managed to get to the bathroom at least.
I asked if she wanted some toast, and her reply was "I looked at food, but my tummy said 'No', so maybe just a drink."

Pam, I can completely understand that thought. Trust me I didn't want to be cleaning at that hour, but I REALLY didn't want to wake up to that mess either. I wasn't willing to give up my entry hall, living room, dining room, and hallway access to the laundry room though. She really did a nice job.

It sounds like you all have some fun things planned for the weekend. Enjoy the friends & family!

Whippetmom, it's pretty grey here right now. We may get sun later, but I never count on it until I see it. How SW of Oly are you? We head down to Chehalis/Adna to pick up hay during the summer. Have fun at the QS!

whippetmom
June 14th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Just outside of Tenino, opposite of Rochester. Grey here with clouds, hoping some sun comes out, the dogs need a "lay out in the sun" day. Starting Tuesday it is sun for quite a few days, we needed the rain anyway I guess. Everyone has been mowing their fields and stacking up on hay I guess for the winter. Does not help our allergies but helps animals in the winter, so is fine with me.

I am hoping to have quite a bit of fun at the quilt shop, love to go there. I also need empty cardboard boards from the bolts of fabric, I have all my fabric almost finished with washing to ironing, just a few more to store. I had no idea I could go there and get them for free, they work great and keeps my stash so I can actually see what I have when I need to match colors. OH BOY THE SUN JUST CAME OUT !!!!!

ginampls
June 14th, 2014, 02:26 PM
hey folks, ah...Happy Flag Day. I am well, kinda.

HdWench
June 14th, 2014, 02:34 PM
oh no so sorry to hear about the sickness and at 3 am no-one wants to clean carpets! Brave woman

Quiet weekend planned (means I'll grab some quilting time).. Already talked to my father and grandson. GS voice did the teenage thing and WOW he's almost got a man's voice now :icon_happy:

We are hoping the monsoons begin soon - Every day in June has hit 100+++ and rain sounds like heaven about now

Have a great weekend all and Happy Father's Day to our wonderful men quilters here

:-Debbie