PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, It's the 13th

Blondie
June 13th, 2014, 06:47 AM

There is only one Friday the 13th this year and here it is!

Happy Friday Folksies!

I am not superstitious but I do enjoy hearing and reading about different regional and family traditional scare tactics.
I think I have mentioned here before that hubs will leave and enter by the same door. He won't leave out the front door and re enter through the back door. That was one I never heard of before I married him. He is quite a superstitious guy.

What are your superstitions? Do you believe in luck?

Blessings to all - enjoy your weekend! SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HandsomeRyan
June 13th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I realized Sawyer's first birthday is going to be on Friday, February 13, 2015. I'm already planning a superstition themed party with four leaf clovers, black cats, walking under ladders, rabbits feet, etc. :) Ideas or suggestions welcome.

I'm working this morning then off to take Wiggles to the Dr. about his torticollis. Hopefully this will be the last time we have to go.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bubby
June 13th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff took today off work so we can work in Cuba all day. We are almost ready to leave.

I'm not superstitious but plenty of people are in this area. I get a chuckle hearing about the superstitions of others.

I'm off to pack our cooler of drinks and food. Wishing everyone a great day!!

Carol336
June 13th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Good morning everyone.

I guess I'm a tad superstitious.....but not so much that it's bothersome. For instance, it I drive a different way to a certain place than I usually do, I might ponder if that's a bad omen. If I spill salt, I'll toss some over my shoulder. And I seriously doubt if I'd walk under a ladder. And I do believe things happen for a reason, not sure if that's superstition or not.

Went dancing with my honey last night.....legs are like rubber this morning.....but boy did we have fun!!!

Ryan - your party sounds like a blast....little man will love it

Good luck today Bubby - hope you get it finished up.

Smiles everyone

Carol336
June 13th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Just learned that there will be a full moon tonight - Full moon on Friday the 13th!!!!!!

DH was a volunteer fireman and used to ride the ambulance in his younger years and they swore that people acted crazy when there was a full moon.....so I'm guessing a full moon on Friday the 13th is sure to bring out the crazies - this could be interesting - LOL

Vonnie
June 13th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Today is my Dad's birthday. He would have been 90. Me married my mother on his birthday. He always considered today as his lucky day.

Talking about superstitions reminded me of how my Dad solved a problem my Mom had at work. Everyone had to supply their own coffee cup. This older man was always using my Mom's coffee cup because it was so clean. Well, my Dad was a big guy, about 6'4" and well over 200 pounds. He didn't want to terrorize the poor ole guy so he thought, well maybe he would be superstitious. My Dad painted a skull and cross bones on my Mom's coffee cup. No one borrowed it again! LOL - that would not work today but 50 years ago it did!

Happy Freaky Friday everyone! :icon_mooooh::icon_scared::icon_umpf::icon_giggle: :icon_noob::icon_hihi:

Madeforyouinma11
June 13th, 2014, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=Carol336;542811]Just learned that there will be a full moon tonight - Full moon on Friday the 13th!!!!!!

I read that this won't happen again until the year 2049!

Madeforyouinma11
June 13th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Hope you all have a great Friday the 13th! Gotta go for my mammogram today. Fun, fun! :)

aliaslaceygreen
June 13th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Full moon+Friday the 13th=CRAZY customers at work....I don't WANNA go back!
Where did this year go, anyway? How can it be half way finished? I need to find another job, SOON, because I don't want to do Christmas in retail again.... WHINE~~~~

I have to work all weekend. Yes, I had three days off this week and will again next week. That doesn't change a thing!

End of pity party, (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sandy Navas
June 13th, 2014, 09:43 AM
No superstitions here - I've quite often laughed at anyone who displays one.

Off to try to get the yard mowed today (hoping it is dry enough and I don't get stuck in the bog). We're supposed to get more rain over the weekend - and it grows so fast. It's been over a week since we've been able to get to it with all the wet weather . . . sending some WEST right now (I hope).

You know, when you are making a quilt block and think you know how to do it without reading the instructions fully, that it is okay to improvise if it won't effect the final outcome? That's what I did with one of my blocks yesterday when I found I wasn't supposed to cut the HSTs until I had stitched them down . . . No HSTs in that block!

No big plans for the weekend - Al's busy trying to get the rest of the deck refinished today. It's quite a job. I see him up and down on the ladder as he's doing the outside of the second story railings. Maybe the exercise will be good for him.

Sending the best to everyone!!

ravelim
June 13th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Just for the fun of it.....as teachers we had reasons for everything. The moon and the children was always a favorite. When there would be a full moon,the students really did act wild. We would always say when they were crazy “it must be a full moon“. But my daughter summed up our real feelings. 'We're teacher's, we love student's.'

ilive2craft2
June 13th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Not superstitious about the 13th -- it is my lucky day because 23 years ago, my son was born. It was a Thursday that year. Have a great weekend everyone!!

MayinJerset
June 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Friday the 13th doesn't bother me, my son Patrick was born on one. Since he was named after his Irish grandfather (Paddy) we turned the bad luck around and said he had the Luck of the Irish.

My mother believed that putting shoes on the table brought bad luck. I don't put them on the table because it isn't sanitary. Don't put new shoes on the table even if they are in boxes so I guess I am a little superstitious. When I was really young I heard if you stepped on a sidewalk crack you broke your mother's back. I spent a few months avoiding sidewalk cracks until I realized I had stepped on cracks for years and my mother's back was fine.

Another dark and drizzly day - I hope the weatherman is correct predicting sunshine for the weekend, if he is way off base it will be fun having an indoor BBQ for 11 people.

Monique
June 13th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Just a quick hello. I signed up three friends to MSQC yesterday. Got them hooked. LOL!! Watch out for them.

Grey and rainy day. Perfect for sewing.

Have a great day friends.

sassygranny
June 13th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Since I was BORN on Friday the 13th, I consider it my lucky day. And 13 is my lucky number. :)

Judy, USMC
June 13th, 2014, 10:33 AM
No superstitions here.

My grandmother came from Eastern Europe and had a ton of them. My uncle would do things ON PURPOSE that were supposed to bring bad luck just to drive her up a wall. The only bad thing that ever happened is the occasional bruise from the punch in the arm grandma would give him!

Sunny, already humid, and getting warmer here at 9:30am. Looks like another hot muggy day.

JCY
June 13th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good Morning, All,

I got a kick out of the Freaky Friday stuff. How fun. Always something new here at M*QC. Yest.'s beach ball tutorial is a cute pattern. However, I really don't enjoy snowballing corners. I finished my 3 Dudes baby quilt yest., all except for the label. I want to take more pics, maybe outside, before posting them. It's sunny & supposed to be ~90 deg. today. I'm going to a potluck with our retired nurses' group. We haven't met for several mos. It will be good to get together again. JCY

GrammaBabs
June 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
You know, when you are making a quilt block and think you know how to do it without reading the instructions fully, that it is okay to improvise if it won't effect the final outcome? That's what I did with one of my blocks yesterday when I found I wasn't supposed to cut the HSTs until I had stitched them down . . . No HSTs in that block!

That is SO ME.... once again.. no mistakes.. only creative opportunities!!!! What a wonderful little zipper pouch they will make!!! Get to it girl!
Friday the 13th has always been a fairly lucky day for me.. !!! But then most of my days have been pretty great.. and I thank the man above for it!!!
Enjoy,,
Sis is coming today for a visit,, we will trade fabrics...i'll give her the mountain of stuff I've managed to make for her sales and then off to the pool for a restful "float" and in the hot tub..... to sooth her aches and pains, YES I'm am so happy to be able to help her any way possible....she struggles thru life , always with a brave face!! She's quite a gal!!
LOVED the tour of the Retreat at M*,,, I so wish they would build an extention in New England... it would be constantly busy, I just know it!!!:) hugs, B

snippet
June 13th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Not really superstitious but I swear the Spurs lose every time I watch them on tv. I just quit watching them and look! They are in the finals once again. lol