PDA

View Full Version : the newest shoe trend

mamaquilt
June 13th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Back from the hospital and I'm still having a lot of pain. Luckily I have that ugly shoe and crutches on every floor as well as painkillers. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk at all.
The doctor took part of some bones out of my foot on the left side and under the little toe.

so right now not much sewing as most of my stuff is on the second floor and to get there takes me an eternity. I tried yesterday and I had forgotten to take a waterbottle along. So down I went again, but I never made it upstairs again.

Hope all of you are allright and I wish you a wonderful sunny day with lots of smiles and food thoughts.

Vonnie
June 13th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Oh, I feel for you! I broke my leg a few years back and got confined to one floor for 16 weeks!

A friend of mine had the same type of surgery on both feet but not at the same time. They gave her one of those little scooters where you put your knee down on it. Problem is, she also lives in a split level house. She had to sit on the steps and scoot up one step at a time dragging her scooter with her.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Judy, USMC
June 13th, 2014, 05:48 AM
.... She had to sit on the steps and scoot up one step at a time ...

Michele - I've had a total of 5 foot surgeries and know how badly you feel! I got up the steps the same way Vonnie's friend did. Just put your bum on one of the lower steps and use your arms and good leg to scoot up one step at a time. The hardest part was getting down the first 2 stairs so I could sit again and bounce my way down to the bottom. I had very firm upper arms for a while.

Wish you a speedy recovery, too! (Mine took about 6 weeks each time.)

kensington
June 13th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Oh... Ouch! Ohmy... just the thought. I feel for ya!

Blondie
June 13th, 2014, 06:25 AM

While I only had a broken big toe, I totally understand the discomfort and inconvience! At least the surgery is over and you are on the road to wholeness. I suppose this means more computer time is in your future? Pinterest is a nice addiction and cure for what ails you. You will find so many projects, you will get back on your feet quickly just to get to your second floor!
Blessings, hugs and prayers Michele!

Blondie

Sandy Navas
June 13th, 2014, 09:57 AM
How did I miss that you were having surgery on your foot? Sending you good vibes for quick healing! Ewww!

Marebear
June 13th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Prayers for you for a speedy recovery.

MRoy
June 13th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

mamaquilt
June 13th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Thank you all for your good wishes. As some of you describe that is how I'm descending and mounting our stairs. Luckily I have strong arms, but weak hands (with titan in them already). So it still takes me an eternity to get where I want and I'm also a very impatient person. Will have to work on that as well as my doc predicted 6-8 weeks crutches. We'll see.

sewlucky
June 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Ouch! Maybe someone can bring you a hand stitching project to kill the time until you are healed to get up to your sewing space, or maybe now you catch up on a little reading or tv series. Take care!

Terri

Familyjournals
June 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Bless your heart, I know how you feel! I have surgical boots on both feet. For the first week I crawled up the stairs. Just like my grand chicklets do. Needless to say I limited those trips. Good luck! Have you looked at using a knee scooter? That really helps if you have one good foot to push you with.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM
My mother needs foot surgery too but has been putting it off for years for all the reasons you describe!

Could a kind friend or family member bring your sewing machine downstairs until you are feeling better? Might be worth it ...

GrammaBabs
June 13th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Michele... I hope things get better soon for you... sounds like a lot of discomfort...are you doing more knitting???? :)B

mamaquilt
June 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Well DH brought me some handsewing down. Also I still have to finish handquilting my hexagon quilt. But that is so heavy and big at the moment, as the weather is also very warm right now. Read some today outside under the umbrellar.
@GrammaBabs, naturally I have some knitting to do as well. Did so tonight and I'm about to finish the first sock for ME in a very long time.
Thanks to all of your for your wishes and prayers.

Andrea F
June 14th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Sending good thoughts your way. Hope your foot heals quickly and the pain goes away.

Bubby
June 14th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Oh, Michele....I can tell how much you are hurting. Take this time to rest and let others take care of you. Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery.

ravelim
June 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I feel for you. It's like learning how to live all over again but you will conquer. Hope you're feeling better soon.