PDA

View Full Version : Ever felt so crappy.....

Leah53
June 13th, 2014, 12:46 AM
that you don't even want to leave the house to go to the doctor?

I haven't been feeling well all week, sore throat, pretty sure it's strep and sore neck on the left side, not sure what's up but I had a stash of antibiotics so I am taking them. I would go to the doctor but she suddenly up and left and we don't know where to just yet, that's the 2nd doctor to desert me this year, and yes, I take it personally. lol

On top of feeling crappy I just spent the last two days with 6 and 8 yr old girls, my granddaughters, love them dearly but....go home. If anything will drive a woman to drink it would be that. My 6 yr old was fixing my hair, was curling it and coloring it at the same time, unfortunately the color was gray. At one point I said I need a hair cut, she replied, "I don't know where the scissors are", as if. lol I've seen her hair a couple of times after she got her hands on scissors, i kept asking my daughter how many times must the child cut her own hair before you put the dang scissors up. geez

DH is off to the U.S. Open Golf, I thought he was going tomorrow, he swears up and down he told me they were leaving this evening, he didn't, and then it was the ole "sorry bout that". So his brother and nephew showed up to cart him off, his brother said he'd bring him back, I had the urge to say don't bother but I contained it. At least he finished off everything we needed done for the craft fair on Saturday.

Can you tell I'm in a mood today?

kaydee
June 13th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Sorry, Leah. Your posts usually make me smile/laugh, so it's especially sad to see you feeling so crummy. Hope you are feeling better soon!

MayinJerset
June 13th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Bummer being so sick. Hope those antibiotics kick in and you begin to recover - that should help your mood to lighten up. You should have a little peace and quiet with grandkids and your DH gone for awhile. Rest up and drink lots of hot tea or other fluids.

Leah53
June 13th, 2014, 01:52 AM
It's all good kaydee, don't feel sad, there's humor in everything if you look for it.

stationarymom
June 13th, 2014, 02:23 AM
I hope you feel better soon. do you have a cvs near you they have the minute clinic you could stop in,to see if they think you need more care. I felt like that once it turned out i had bacterial pneumonia. get checked.

Vonnie
June 13th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Hope you get to feeling better soon. I was sick for practically the whole month of May. DH nagged me till I went to the doctor. I had Bronchitis and had to take a lot of meds. Luckily no one else caught it.

You can't hide stuff from a 6 year old. They are very sneaky at that age! If they can't get hold of scissors, there's always the kitchen! I remember when my youngest raided my sewing chest. He decided to try out my seam ripper on the sheets! It had a sharp point so he decided to write his name on the furniture. Luckily it was confined to his bedroom but that was bad enough. Don't get me started on what he did to his mattress!

Blondie
June 13th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Aw Leah, feel better. Strep is nothing to sneeze at. And it couldn't come at a worst time. Being sicky in the summer is awful and when you have little ones, well, you put it all so nicely. No offense here, but, I giggled reading about the hair and the 6 year old. I was one of those 6 year olds. Feel better. Good luck at the craft show.