PDA

View Full Version : Another one walking down the cancer road

cyndiofthevortex
June 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
It's the road no one wants to be on. It seems like our forum has had our share of those who have had to go through this. My younger brother (age 52) is a double cancer survivor, testicular and thyroid. Yesterday they discovered that he has advanced colon cancer. I don't have to tell you how I feel today.

He is tired of fighting but will continue for the sake of his family.

I'm glad I can come here for love and support. I'm so thankful for all of you.

Lonna
June 12th, 2014, 02:01 PM
My heart is with you and your family at this time.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 12th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I'm so sorry, Cyndi. That's an exhausting, traumatic road for the whole family. I hope he has a good oncologist and all of you have a lot of support. Nobody ever really knows what to say that is truly helpful in a situation like that, because nobody really can help with words, and even though the road is similar to others the details are all different because of age, family, life circumstances, personalities. But we are here to listen if that's helpful.

Sylvia H
June 12th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. Healing thoughts and energy for continued courage being sent to him. He is a truly remarkable person to want to continue this fight for his family. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

bubba
June 12th, 2014, 02:12 PM
My sister went thru that last year. She fought hard and is so far winning. My best thoughts for your brother.

SuzyQue
June 12th, 2014, 02:54 PM
My prayers go up for your brother, his family, and yours! I feel your heartache. I am so sorry that anyone has to go through this....especially 3 different times!

Judy, USMC
June 12th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I know how difficult this time must be for him - and for the entire family. It's heartbreaking and depressing. Praying he will have the strength of spirit to continue the battle against this ugly disease.

Bubby
June 12th, 2014, 03:12 PM
My heartfelt prayers are with your brother and the whole family. I'm so sorry to hear this, Cyndi.

MayinJerset
June 12th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Such sad news. Hugs to him and all the family.

EmmaB
June 12th, 2014, 03:16 PM
So sorry to hear this Cyndi. Your family is in my prayers.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2014, 03:40 PM
We'll keep the prayer light burning with you!!

KnitWitRosie
June 12th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Thoughts and prayers headed your way!!! {{ HUGS }} I know it's tough :(

Vonnie
June 12th, 2014, 04:03 PM
So sorry. I know how hard it is. I think the number of families that have not been touched by this awful disease is a fraction of the number who has.

Sending cyber hugs your way.

quilter.martha
June 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
So sorry Cyndi. You and your brother will be in my prayers.

songbird857
June 12th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Ohhh Cyndi... hugs for you and praying for your brother

Suzette
June 12th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Cyndi. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Hugs!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 12th, 2014, 04:45 PM
So sorry to hear this Cyndi! Will pray daily for him.

MRoy
June 12th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry. Your brother, you and your family are in my prayers.

Cathy F
June 12th, 2014, 06:09 PM
My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.

sewbizzy
June 12th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Cyndi, I'm sending prayers for your brother and your family....hugs and blessings, too....

HandsOffItsMine
June 12th, 2014, 06:45 PM
(((Cyndi))), terribly sorry to hear this about your brother's diagnosis. Will be praying for him to have the strength to fight this round as well. Prayers for you and the rest of the family as well.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Midge
June 12th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's new cancer. He must be a brave and loving man to decide to keep trying treatments for the sake of his family. Hugs to you and your family. I'm so glad this is a place where members can share and discuss the implications of situations like these.

Genny
June 12th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hugs and prayers to your brother, you and your family. Sounds like hes been thru a lot in his young years.

alliek
June 12th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Beyond sorry,Prayers for his strength, his families strength and yours. Peace to all hearts.

SallyO'Sews
June 13th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Oh, Cyndi, I am adding my name to the list of those who will be praying for your brother.

In January of 2007 I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. It was no fun to go through, and I would not wish it on my worst enemy, but God brought me through in a glorious way, and honestly, I would not trade the experience for anything. I learned so much, including the power of prayer. I was put on prayer lists by many friends and relatives, and I can truly say that the prayers of many people whom I will never meet this side of heaven lifted me up and I am eternally grateful. I also learned to rely on God's grace when I just could not bring myself to go through one more round of chemo. Today I am cancer-free. Praying for your brother to go through in victory, peace, and joy. Blessings and hugs to all of you, ~ Sally \0/

marytfnp
June 13th, 2014, 12:42 AM
So very sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers

auntiemern
June 13th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Cyndi, I am so sorry to hear this, I can only imagine how you are feeling. Prayers for him, you, and the entire family.

GuitarGramma
June 13th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Cyndi, my heart goes out to you, your brother, and all your family. I will pray for your brother's recovery.

stationarymom
June 13th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Cyndi I am so sorry to hear this,I know how bad it can make you feel. My mother was diagnosed and died from cancer and my father has had it twice ,but won the battle each time.You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

turena65
June 13th, 2014, 03:36 AM
I'm so sorry Cyndi. I hope that he does continue to fight... 52 is just too young to throw in the towel, though I'm sure that he is tired of it all. I hope and pray that he will be able to stay strong and, with the love and support of his family, rise above this trial he has been dealt in his life....

pcbatiks
June 13th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Cyndi, your brother and your family have been on my mind throughout the day. So sad to hear he is facing this battle again. You know I'll be praying along with so many others. Praying that he will draw strength & comfort from those thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and your family.

Iris Girl
June 13th, 2014, 07:46 AM
So sorry to hear this. Healing thoughts and wishes heading your way.

Monique
June 13th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your family Cyndi.

Marebear
June 13th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Prayers for you and your family.

meemeecyn
June 13th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Cyndi, I am so sorry to read this. May the blessing you feel for each other as siblings, help you both to get some comfort as you travel this journey. Prayers being said for both of you and your families.
Cynthia

Andrea F
June 14th, 2014, 07:57 AM
So sorry to hear that! I am sending positive thoughts and strength to you and your family and will keep you all in my thoughts!