PDA

View Full Version : My life is like an I LOVE Lucy Episode

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I might have mentioned I had surgery on both feet. There are 2 pins the size of bamboo skewers in most of my toes. They come out next week!

Well……yesterday I was trying on WHITE pants in the dressing room at Coldwater Creek. I had to take my boots off to put my feet through the legs. My feet look like “Edward Scissor Feet” with the 2 hooked pins coming out each toe. So what did a pin do? It attached it’s self to the Berber carpeting and came almost all the way out. That sucker is 3 inches long. So I’m standing there in a bit of a dilemma, one leg in pants, one leg out. White pants all around me and I’m stuck to the carpet. My phone was out in the car (a common habit of mine). I looked around and found a drier sheet had fallen out of my pants when I took them off..(also not uncommon, I can never find those things). I choose not to be held captive by carpet so I pulled the pin out and cleaned up as much blood as I could using the dryer sheet without getting anything on those white pants.

Eventually I made it to the counter where they took pity on me and found me some bandages. Whew! Who knew that trying on capris could be hazard to your feet? Yet, another episode in the life of Lucy (Debbie). Moral of the story…. Have dryer sheet will travel.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
That's a total Lucille Ball moment. And did you buy the capris?

sewlucky
June 12th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Oh my!!! I'm sitting here laughing. How long until you get rid of the pins for good? And how is Mr Lucy's owie?

Terri

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 12:14 PM
That's a total Lucille Ball moment. And did you buy the capris?

Yes I did!

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Oh my!!! I'm sitting here laughing. How long until you get rid of the pins for good? And how is Mr Lucy's owie?

Terri
That's my life!!! Always laughing.....Those puppys come out of my toes next week and my husbands stitches come out the same day! Yippee! The date is circled in flaming red pen on our calendar.

sewlucky
June 12th, 2014, 12:19 PM
You'll. Feel like a new woman!

Doloris
June 12th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Oh My , you need to have a camera crew follow you two around. This is too funny.
My worst experience was once when I was at the Dr, they asked for a urine sample. How embarrassing when I was in the bathroom and a pair of UNDERWEAR fell out of my pants. Thank God they didn't fall out earlier. Sometimes dryers play dirty tricks on you. :)

ozziepuppy
June 12th, 2014, 01:00 PM
OMG that sounds so scary and awful! I am glad you are ok! Ouch!

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Oh My , you need to have a camera crew follow you two around. This is too funny.
My worst experience was once when I was at the Dr, they asked for a urine sample. How embarrassing when I was in the bathroom and a pair of UNDERWEAR fell out of my pants. Thank God they didn't fall out earlier. Sometimes dryers play dirty tricks on you. :)

That's a good one too! Always good to be prepared with a spare ;-)

Years ago I was at lunch with some girl friends and I told them I thought I was sitting on a big lump. I had on some linen dress slacks. I could feel something a few inches up from my ankle in my pants so I took a hold and pulled and pulled and ended up with a pair of panty hose! We laughed so hard we cried.

About the camera crew.... yesterday when I returned to the car where my newly retired husband was waiting, I told him about my escapades. He just laughed with me and said he needs to follow me around more so he can get some giggles. He said he didn't know what he'd been missing by working all of the time.... sigh....I'm sure this isn't the last laugh he will get.

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 01:10 PM
OMG that sounds so scary and awful! I am glad you are ok! Ouch!

Oh thank you, yes I'm okay for sure. It really didn't hurt pulling it out, it's walking that is a challenge. It actually feels so much better to have that pressure out of that toe.

I'm a mom of sons, not much fazes me anymore. I had to pull a rose bush out of a knee once, and the same boy was actually shot in the eye with a BB gun. Then when his ball team came to visit they brought the movie "The Christmas Story". Go figure....

alliek
June 12th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Well keep laughing, it is the best medicine! You gave me a smile today, thank you,although the part about the pin being stuck in the carpet and pulling out was not so funny, SO GLAD your OK and you have a nice pair of white capris (with a story!) God Bless!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
June 12th, 2014, 01:30 PM

That happened once to a friend of mine when she was teaching English as a foreign language to a bunch of international students. The undies gradually worked their way down her pants leg & she found them on the floor while she was teaching. She didn't realize they were hers at first, said, ew, what's that, & kicked them into the trash can. The best bit was that during the break in the class she realized they were hers, and actually a good pair she didn't want to lose. But while she was retrieving them from the trash one of the students walked back in. It must be almost 20 years since she told me that story & it still makes me laugh. She told it with a lot of spirit one Sunday night at dinner.

PS glad you found some capris. It's so hard to find pants that fit!

GuitarGramma
June 12th, 2014, 01:33 PM
First, I'm so sorry this happened to you. You were brave and resourceful, all while showing graciousness and a good sense of humor. I think you're my hero!

This was such a great story. I'll bet a lot of people have these. I hope you don't mind me building on your terrific idea; I'm going to start an "I Love Lucy" thread for everyone to share their ILL moments. See you therre!

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 01:41 PM
PS glad you found some capris. It's so hard to find pants that fit!
The store that I get them at is closing and I'm so sad. You are right capris are hard to find. I've had people stop me when I'm out and ask me where I get mine. Don't know where I get them in the future, but I've lost and gained wait so many times I have most sizes here in my closet.

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 01:43 PM
First, I'm so sorry this happened to you. You were brave and resourceful, all while showing graciousness and a good sense of humor. I think you're my hero!

This was such a great story. I'll bet a lot of people have these. I hope you don't mind me building on your terrific idea; I'm going to start an "I Love Lucy" thread for everyone to share their ILL moments. See you therre!

I think we all have those "I Love Lucy Episodes". We just need to recognize them. Life really is funny and Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett had a way of helping us laugh at ourselves.

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Well keep laughing, it is the best medicine! You gave me a smile today, thank you,although the part about the pin being stuck in the carpet and pulling out was not so funny, SO GLAD your OK and you have a nice pair of white capris (with a story!) God Bless!
You are right. "THEY" said laughter extends life!! Well, whoever "THEY" are I agree with them. We need to take a daily dose!

Familyjournals
June 12th, 2014, 10:20 PM
You'll. Feel like a new woman!

I will feel like a new woman! I can't wait to trade in these expensive, Darth Vader-esck black open toed shoes for a pair of blingy sandals no matter how many railroad tracks marks are running across my finally liberated skin.

IBake
June 12th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Well, you won't be able to fall in Coldwater Creek much more. I sure will miss that store..............

Familyjournals
June 13th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Well, you won't be able to fall in Coldwater Creek much more. I sure will miss that store..............
Don't you just love ColdWater Creek? You really have good taste if you know about them and M* too. I'll sure miss them.

By the way, I didn't fall there. I got one of the surgerical pins in my toe stuck in their Berber carpeting. So I left a couple of drops of blood there after years if shopping. I guess that gives value to the thought "I've given them so much money what do they want next...blood?" Just kidding, I love that place and it sure wasn't their fault my foot wanted to stay.